• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parkland Shooting commission suggests arming teachers.

Incoming Liberal Shame-fest for people wanting equality of outcome when it comes to self defense.

Remember, if a cop LEGALLY doesnt HAVE to defend you, it falls upon you to defend yourself. Never forget.

Thank God I don't have any kids in any US schools.

To paraphrase a quip from the GOP ..... My sympathy to those of you that do.

If a properly trained teacher wants to carry in class, and the school develops guidelines for integrating them into its active shooter plans, seems like a good idea.

IMO, they'd be smart to keep who's carrying private...but then again, that's why they call it 'concealed' carry. There are some good thumbprint, quick access gun safes for desks now too.

If a properly trained teacher wants to carry in class, and the school develops guidelines for integrating them into its active shooter plans, seems like a good idea....

Help me understand how being "properly trained" means an individual can't suddenly decide to kill everyone around him.

Help me understand how being "properly trained" means an individual can't suddenly decide to kill everyone around him.

Do police all of a sudden decides to kill everone aroind them? If the teacher already has that capability in him then he shouldn't be a teacher in the first place.

Of course they can. And millions of us concealed carriers do it every single day. We decide not to harm a soul.

I see you'd prefer unarmed police as well then? How about our soldiers?

What stops a teacher from 'suddenly deciding' to bring a molotov cocktail into class? A machete?

LOL That was all so obvious and easy, now I feel guilty.

Of course they can. And millions of us concealed carriers do it every single day. We decide not to harm a soul....

It's the ones who ***DO*** decide to harm a soul that I'm worried about

Being a cop doesn't exclude you from this group as that link shows.

Parkland-inspired law locks up another homicidal gun nut. One of NRA's finest it seems! (untilr he left them for being too soft?)

" A Sunrise man is facing a federal charge of mailing a threatening communication to the home of the family of David Hogg, a Parkland shooting survivor and one of the most visible activists in the March for Our Lives movement.

Warren Stanley Bond, 78, is accused of mailing a letter to Rebecca Boldrick, Hogg’s mother, at their Parkland home in June. ..."

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...ing-Letter-to-David-Hoggs-Home-503251271.html

So by this reasoning we should disarm cops?

Well if we disarmed America....cops would have little reason to be armed ?

You know...like British and Australian cops.

Wouldn't it be nice to deal with a policemen in the USA would didn't carry the means to kill you in plain sight ?

Wouldn't it be nice to deal with a policemen in the USA would didn't carry the means to kill you in plain sight ?

You should concentrate all of your efforts to overturning the Second Amendment. Since this will have to start in Congress, start here. Nothing you post here otherwise matters.

https://woodall.house.gov

Edit. Neither the UK nor Australia are disarmed.

It doesn't. People sometimes change, and as of today, we don't know any way to prevent it. Of course, these teachers are already taking care of your children. A wise parent that became aware that one of the teachers was obviously unbalanced would normally take steps to have the teacher removed.

What shoud be easy to understand, though, is that there is an increased liklihood that another "properly trained" armed person would also be available. This person would have the means to halt or minimize the carnage that would result from an armed loony going berserk.

Last edited:
There are no guarantees that a lunatic or fanatic can't or won't suddenly decide to kill everyone around him.

And there's no guarantee a cop will be present when it happens, or arrive in the nick of time to save the day.

Which is exactly why law-abiding American Citizens have a Constitutional Right to own and carry a firearm.

It's the ones who ***DO*** decide to harm a soul that I'm worried about

Being a cop doesn't exclude you from this group as that link shows.

How do you manage to leave the house everyday, with that kind of fear?

And how can you possibly get in a vehicle or walk on a sidewalk or thru a parking lot? You are many times more at risk of death/injury from vehicles. If you're not more afraid of the cars...you are a hypocrite.

I included cops, that's why I asked the question. So...should we disarm the police?

Sure...after we get rid of all the booze and all the drugs...you know, all those other efforts to eliminate things in a free society. :lamo

And how can you possibly get in a vehicle or walk on a sidewalk or thru a parking lot? You are many times more at risk of death/injury from vehicles. If you're not more afraid of the cars...you are a hypocrite.

I included cops, that's why I asked the question. So...should we disarm the police?

he has admitted he is terrified of legal gun owners.

It doesn't. People sometimes change, and as of today, we don't know any way to prevent it. Of course, these teachers are already taking care of your children. A wise parent that became aware that one of the teachers was obviously unbalanced would normally take steps to have the teacher removed.

What shoud be easy to understand, though, is that there is an increased liklihood that another "properly trained" armed person would also be available. This person would have the means to halt or minimize the carnage that would result from an armed loony going berserk.

So your answer to a gun problem is "more guns" ?

There are no guarantees that a lunatic or fanatic can't or won't suddenly decide to kill everyone around him.

And there's no guarantee a cop will be present when it happens, or arrive in the nick of time to save the day.

Which is exactly why law-abiding American Citizens have a Constitutional Right to own and carry a firearm.

What if there was no constitutional right to carry or own a gun ?

Would that not mean that we wouldn't be here discussing how to prevent armed lunatics trying to kill as many people as possible.

Again your answer to the gun problem is "more guns".

How do you ?

...and how can you possibly get in a vehicle or walk on a sidewalk or thru a parking lot?

How do you ?

...you are many times more at risk of death/injury from vehicles. If you're not more afraid of the cars...you are a hypocrite....

I wear a seat belt and try to drive safely...how do YOU cope with the threat ?

....should we disarm the police?

Ultimately yes, we should

Caveat: Law Enforcement will always need a lethal response to a lethal threat.
British police have always had access to firearms.

But most British police do not patrol armed to the teeth like their US counterparts.

That would be my goal.

How do you ?

How do you

I wear a seat belt and try to drive safely...how do YOU cope with the threat ?

Ultimately yes, we should

Caveat: Law Enforcement will always need a lethal response to a lethal threat.
British police have always had access to firearms.

But most British police do not patrol armed to the teeth like their US counterparts.

That would be my goal.

Where did you ever get the idea I was worried about guns? As for cars, I am also not afraid but I take my safety driving or near cars very very seriously. My list is longer than yours.

And again, you are so fearful that you cant think rationally: you'd disarm the law-abiding AND the police, all the while knowing that it would be impossible (like booze and drugs) to get the guns out of criminal hands :doh You'd leave us all defenseless. You are welcome to that status but by no means should you have the right to force it on others.

The UK is the exception rather than the rule. Most countries' police are armed. Even the UK have armed units nearby. Also, Australia do in fact arm their police. So in other words, even if we are completely disarmed, we would still have armed police.

As opposed to dealing with a policeman who carried the means to stun, beat, and melt your eyeballs with mace in plain site?

Back
Top Bottom