• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parkland Shooting commission suggests arming teachers.

=Rogue Valley;1069442621]Thank God I don't have any kids in any US schools.
I think you read the fluff articles about the hundreds of school shootings (this year) they run in the MSM. This isn't as mainstream as you may be used to but it's far from the only article out there. https://mises.org/power-market/it-turns-out-school-shooting-data-vastly-inflated What do you want to bet that the Florida Deputy that killed his family then 'himself' out a Plant school will be classified as a school shooting?
To paraphrase a quip from the GOP ..... My sympathy to those of you that do.
By the way you say "I don't have any kids in US schools"you must just worry about knives huh.

Parkland-inspired law locks up another homicidal gun nut. One of NRA's finest it seems! (untilr he left them for being too soft?)

" A Sunrise man is facing a federal charge of mailing a threatening communication to the home of the family of David Hogg, a Parkland shooting survivor and one of the most visible activists in the March for Our Lives movement.

Warren Stanley Bond, 78, is accused of mailing a letter to Rebecca Boldrick, Hogg’s mother, at their Parkland home in June. ..."

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...ing-Letter-to-David-Hoggs-Home-503251271.html

Your point?

Help me understand how being "properly trained" means an individual can't suddenly decide to kill everyone around him.
That's like saying being a properly trained butcher could suddenly decide to kill everyone around him. Guess they they best have psych test for everything.

It's the ones who ***DO*** decide to harm a soul that I'm worried about

Being a cop doesn't exclude you from this group as that link shows.
You better find a very solid room and lock yourself away because there may be a chance you won't always be 100% safe.

=Rich2018;1069443804]Well if we disarmed America....cops would have little reason to be armed ?

You know...like British and Australian cops.
Yeah like British cops.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTNZfR4dNw Englanders have about 90% of their cops unarmed with about 10% as an armed response unit. An unarmed cop there is screwed if he comes across 1 or more determined people with knives.

Wouldn't it be nice to deal with a policemen in the USA would didn't carry the means to kill you in plain sight ?
CCC Cops Carry Concealed.

=Rich2018;1069443804]Well if we disarmed America....cops would have little reason to be armed ?
Except against criminals and actual terrorists. Are they going to hand in their guns? Kinda strongly doubt it.

So your answer to a gun problem is "more guns" ?
Yeah I think that is a good answer. Well it's certainly better than yours,which is to disarm an entire class of people. You know the law abiding the ones you want to turn into victims.
So you advocate disarming law abiding people. You advocate disarming police. I suppose you advocate disarming the military as well? YOU tell us how YOU disarm the criminals in society.

Yeah I think that is a good answer. Well it's certainly better than yours,which is to disarm an entire class of people. You know the law abiding the ones you want to turn into victims.
So you advocate disarming law abiding people. You advocate disarming police. I suppose you advocate disarming the military as well? YOU tell us how YOU disarm the criminals in society.

You magically summon the gun genie robots that only kills people with guns. Follows them... stalks them... KABOOM! He wants to explode them all.

If a properly trained teacher wants to carry in class, and the school develops guidelines for integrating them into its active shooter plans, seems like a good idea.

IMO, they'd be smart to keep who's carrying private...but then again, that's why they call it 'concealed' carry. There are some good thumbprint, quick access gun safes for desks now too.

I agree with keeping the carriers unknown. Just the doubt would give pause to a potential shooter.

Parkland-inspired law locks up another homicidal gun nut. One of NRA's finest it seems! (untilr he left them for being too soft?)

" A Sunrise man is facing a federal charge of mailing a threatening communication to the home of the family of David Hogg, a Parkland shooting survivor and one of the most visible activists in the March for Our Lives movement.

Warren Stanley Bond, 78, is accused of mailing a letter to Rebecca Boldrick, Hogg’s mother, at their Parkland home in June. ..."

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...ing-Letter-to-David-Hoggs-Home-503251271.html

You're in Southern England. You can stay there and be happy. How things are done in the USA is frankly none of your business.

Well if we disarmed America....cops would have little reason to be armed ?

You know...like British and Australian cops.

Wouldn't it be nice to deal with a policemen in the USA would didn't carry the means to kill you in plain sight ?

Australian police carry guns, where did you get the idea that they don't?

Local British police typically don't carry guns but they do have armed divisions that do.

Even in Japan police sometimes carry guns.

What shoud be easy to understand, though, is that there is an increased liklihood that another "properly trained" armed person would also be available. This person would have the means to halt or minimize the carnage that would result from an armed loony going berserk.

Exactly. In the extremely off chance an armed teacher does go berserk and start killing innocent people, they can be stopped by another armed teacher.

Not totally, but compared to the gun saturation of the USA, you could call those countries disarmed.

Australian police are just as armed as American police.

I wear a seat belt and try to drive safely...how do YOU cope with the threat ?

You can be the safest driver in the world, all it takes is some nutball speeding down the road to put an end to you.

Exactly. In the extremely off chance an armed teacher does go berserk and start killing innocent people, they can be stopped by another armed teacher.

The really really stupid thing is...nothing is stopping a teacher NOW from bringing in a gun, concealed, and shooting students.

But that very obvious fact seems to escape the rigidly closed minded on this subject.

Where did you ever get the idea I was worried about guns? As for cars, I am also not afraid but I take my safety driving or near cars very very seriously....

Who said you were worried about guns ?

Guns don't kill

...my list is longer than yours....

Your boasts are unimpressive

...and again, you are so fearful that you cant think rationally: you'd disarm the law-abiding AND the police, all the while knowing that it would be impossible (like booze and drugs) to get the guns out of criminal hands :doh You'd leave us all defenseless....

If you are forced to give up your guns, ninjas will kill your household by the end of the week

Excuse # 2a

The UK is the exception rather than the rule...

That the UK police are so much better and are in much less need of carrying lethal means should not be a deterrent to the USA

Why can't US police and US society strive to rise up to British levels ?

Yes, more guns in law abiding citizens' hands.

Like Stephen Paddock...he was law abiding....until the day he decided to kill as many people as possible.

How does more guns = less gun crime ????

It's an insane assertion to make.

That's like saying being a properly trained butcher could suddenly decide to kill everyone around him....

Yes...except a butcher with his knives is likely to be less lethal than a "well armed citizen" with assault rifles, hi-capacity mags etc etc

Giving people guns is bad.

More guns = more shootings

Training people how to use the guns just means that those who decide to kill as many people as possible will kill more than they otherwise would.
Learn to control their breathing, take up a gun firing position, proper sight alignment...
Yeah just the kind of things I want a total stranger with a gun to become proficient at.

Back
Top Bottom