• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parkinson's & Marijuana

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I know someone who has Parkinson's.

His main problems are falling, hallucinations, & slurred speech.

He is thinking about using marijuana to help him.

I have checked the Web, and it seems that most doctors recommend against it.

They feel that it might cause negative side effects.

On the other hand, some patients feel that it has helped them.

Supposedly, there have no carefully controlled tests to prove the matter either way.

If you have any personal knowledge of this matter, your comments would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

I know someone who has Parkinson's.

His main problems are falling, hallucinations, & slurred speech.

He is thinking about using marijuana to help him.

I have checked the Web, and it seems that most doctors recommend against it.

They feel that it might cause negative side effects.

On the other hand, some patients feel that it has helped them.

Supposedly, there have no carefully controlled tests to prove the matter either way.

If you have any personal knowledge of this matter, your comments would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

It helps with sleeping and tremors a lil but is not a mental benefit, IMO. Nuplazid is the newest antipsychotic but the side effects have to be weighed. Cannabis also causes freezing (muscles locked up) at higher doses after several tokes.
Now, I saw a TV special that showed that edibles benefit extremely severe patients with mobility issues.
It probably has different effects on each individual's symptoms as Parkinson's symptoms vary so much from person to person at every stage.

Back
Top Bottom