• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Park Service OKs immigration reform rally on 'closed' National Mall

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Park Service OKs immigration reform rally on 'closed' National Mall | WashingtonExaminer.com

A planned immigration reform rally will take place on the National Mall on Tuesday even though the site is closed due to the government shutdown.

Organizers for the "Camino Americano: March for Immigration Reform" were spotted Monday setting up a stage and equipment on the National Mall for the rally which will take place on Tuesday.

A few scattered barriers around the park have signs informing visitors that the area is closed as a result of the government shutdown.

Susana Flores, a spokesperson for the rally, confirmed for the Washington Examiner that the Park Service will allow the event to take place under the group's rights granted by the First Amendment.
About 30 members of Congress are expected to attend the rally, including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J.

The event is hosted by several immigration activist groups, together with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and the AFL-CIO.

Blatant and disturbing hypocrisy.

Obama looks out the window and he sees a sea of jabbering 3rd world, permanent dependency class, Democrat voters.

They are the future of the Democrat Party and to be lauded and rewarded.

The hated Americans who built this country and fought in it's wars are to be punished. It is a simple decision for Obama.

Obama looks out the window and he sees a sea of jabbering 3rd world, permanent dependency class, Democrat voters.

They are the future of the Democrat Party and to be lauded and rewarded.

The hated Americans who built this country and fought in it's wars are to be punished. It is a simple decision for Obama.

It's so in-your-face blatant, and yet 50 percent of the country will qualify it in some verbally gymnastic stream of lies.

Let's pretend keeping the national mall open doesn't require staff. Let's pretend.

It's so in-your-face blatant, and yet 50 percent of the country will qualify it in some verbally gymnastic stream of lies.

50%? Oh, I don't think so. I doubt 10% will find a way to justify this crap.

I wish I shared your optimism. I think 30 percent would like to tear the them down and put a Prius dealership in its place.

10 % ? So only vetrans then.

I'm going to start paying my dues again with the VFW and make sure it's an issue in 2014 mid-term and the 2016 elections.

For the past twelve years I've been listening to libs proclaiming they support the troops and veterans. It's been all a lie. They support the troops and veterans as much today as they did during the Vietnam war.

Lets not forget the bikers who were denied a permit in DC but the Muslims were allowed to have their rally.

Muslims, illegal aliens, who else are the future Democrat voters ?

10 % ? So only vetrans then.

I'm going to start paying my dues again with the VFW and make sure it's an issue in 2014 mid-term and the 2016 elections.

For the past twelve years I've been listening to libs proclaiming they support the troops and veterans. It's been all a lie. They support the troops and veterans as much today as they did during the Vietnam war.

Lets not forget the bikers who were denied a permit in DC but the Muslims were allowed to have their rally.

Muslims, illegal aliens, who else are the future Democrat voters ?

If only 10% are "future Democrat voters," then even the Republican Party might be able to beat them. They weren't able to best a freshman senator in '08 or an incumbent in the midst of the worst recession in recent memory in '12, but maybe they can find a way to beat a party that has the support of 10% of the voters.

Back
Top Bottom