• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Park identifies hunter killed by bear in Alaska as Ohio man

People may jog or ride their mountain bikes down game trails oblivious to what is around them, but it takes a special kind of stupid to set up your camp on a game trail. Which is what Treadwell did. His girlfriend was an unfortunate consequence of Treadwell's stupidity. If he had survived he might have faced negligent homicide or manslaughter for directly causing his girlfriend's death. Yet we have ignorant lower-48ers who still think he was some kind of bear expert. I think the manner of his death proves beyond any doubt that he wasn't an expert about anything.
Word.
I figured that you would pick up on that.
most don’t.

No it doesn't. Poaching is killing game illegally, and Alaskans do not take that sort of thing lightly. More people are turned in by other hunters and fishermen for violating the fish and game regulations, than are busted by government officials. How do you think Ted Nuget got busted? He was busted by his Alaskan bear guide. The Alaska Department of Fish & Game had no clue how many bears Nugent shot, but his Alaskan guide did.

Like I said, we do not tolerate poachers in Alaska.

We do in Arizona. It's a sport unto itself.

Back
Top Bottom