• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Paris Riots

The French are racists, and this is their reality, even though they can't bring themselves to realize this, it's the truth. They thought these people would just thank their lucky stars to be a part of it, but they actually want to be considered. The French have always been a bit arrogant, I think everyone can agree, but they finally had to experience some hurt, before they could wake up!

The riots will continue, that is, until the French surrender, and these people have their way.

Pityful, absolutly pityful,The French Republic after 2 weeks can't restore order in its own cities. Maybe they can't depend on the French army for some reason. Ah but, theirs still the Legion.Maybe thats the answer the French Foreign Legion to handle" fioreigners "
France is a joke all over the world for their inability to restore order. Their criticism of the U S when it came to Katrina.Is sounding pretty lame now.

Deegan said:
The French are racists, and this is their reality, even though they can't bring themselves to realize this, it's the truth. They thought these people would just thank their lucky stars to be a part of it, but they actually want to be considered. The French have always been a bit arrogant, I think everyone can agree, but they finally had to experience some hurt, before they could wake up!

The riots will continue, that is, until the French surrender, and these people have their way.

Deegan, i was with you till I saw your avatar. Pale Hose baby!!!! I will never admit I said this . . .but I hope you guys get your shot sometime soon like we did this year (I went to games 1 & 2 of the WS - awesome!). Now let us never speak of this again:cool: .

Oh yeah, good points on your message.

Deegan said:

I agree with the stance on racism.Let's say, to be more precise, that there are racists in France, and that you can find a lot of them at the top of the state and of the economy.
They are arrogant? Yes. Will they wake up? Don't think so :) .

I think that, as far as the riots are concerned, they will now stop gradually. It seems that the lack of any revendication, the 100 or so million euros miraculously found by Villepin, and the destructions that already occured, will calm things down a bit. There was a serious decrease this night.

This is just a guess, of course.

CU
Y

epr64 said:
I agree with the stance on racism.Let's say, to be more precise, that there are racists in France, and that you can find a lot of them at the top of the state and of the economy.
They are arrogant? Yes. Will they wake up? Don't think so :) .

I think that, as far as the riots are concerned, they will now stop gradually. It seems that the lack of any revendication, the 100 or so million euros miraculously found by Villepin, and the destructions that already occured, will calm things down a bit. There was a serious decrease this night.

This is just a guess, of course.

CU
Y

You could be right, but the problem won't go away. The problem will come back and it will be worse next time as the Islamists gain more numbers and continue to remain seperated from the French society by their own choice. It's the same all over the world.

Lucidthots said:
You are a ********!

**** the Muslims!

LONG LIVE FRANCE!

statue-big.jpg

It would seem that you are so ****ed up in the head that you can't remain consistent on your hatred. You hate the Muslims, yet you condemn any action in the Middle East to change this civilization's ideology. Something about we're doing the Jews job for them? I wonder how many American civilians and military personnel that have been murdered over the decades by Islamic extremists were "Jews."

How can a "nazi youth" wannabe type, "LONG LIVE FRANCE?" Last I checked, the Nazi movement didn't want France to be free, much less "living long."

Last edited:
epr64 said:
That would mean that this site represents what all americans think..

I know a LOT of american people outraged by this. Not you, of course. But who cares? You NEED an ennemy to be alive. Is it because your life is worthless without hatred to be spilled?

Try understanding people before judging them.. and NEVER try to globalise judgements.

I hope you can do this. Otherwise, as far as "DEBATE poltics" is concerned..

Y

First off pepe... don't tell me what I need. You don't know me.

Secondly, WTF are you talking about? The french aren't an enemy, there a punchline. It was sarcasim, it was a funny, a HAHA. Although I am not so sure it is out off the realm of possibilities.

But please..... Tell me what I need to understand?

While your at it, how about filling me in on my worthless life? I'm just dying to here your insite on this....

Violence wanes as France invokes emergency powers
Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin published a decree invoking a 50-year-old law that gives regional government officials the power to impose nightly curfews against the rioters, mainly protesting against unemployment and racism.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/france

So the rioting is supposedly slowing down because they initiated a curfew?

I can hear the rioters now, "Hurry up and burn that car it's alsmot 10:00pm we have to be home in 5 minutes!"

Gibberish said:
So the rioting is supposedly slowing down because they initiated a curfew?

I can hear the rioters now, "Hurry up and burn that car it's alsmot 10:00pm we have to be home in 5 minutes!"

Funny stuff Gibberish!
>
>
Back to the topic for a moment -

Here's an OpEd from the yesterday's WSJ. Interesting read, I tend to agree with the writer . . of course I'm an avid reader of the journal and agree with most of their OpEds . . "most".

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110007519

Your thoughts on the piece are appreciated.

FireUltra 98 said:
Funny stuff Gibberish!
>
>
Back to the topic for a moment -

Here's an OpEd from the yesterday's WSJ. Interesting read, I tend to agree with the writer . . of course I'm an avid reader of the journal and agree with most of their OpEds . . "most".

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110007519

Your thoughts on the piece are appreciated.

These piece is saying that the US is doing something right. It is obviously bias, slanted, a conspiracy of some sort or just al together wrong. It's Bush's fault damm it....:rofl

During the Newark Riots the governor of N J went on radio. To assure the people of New Jersey that things were fine in Newark.In the background you could hear gun fire. Thats what I thought of when I saw President Chirac addressing the french people. While the split screen showed the rioting.
Governor Hughs did a lousy job with the Newark riots,but Chirac is doing worse in france.

If there is no dramitic decrease in the rioting. How long until this turns into a small civil war. How long are the people going to sit by as this groups torches there country. Am I wrong in thinking that this "Riot" is not stationary but has been slow moving further and further. When does the governement take control of the situation and get a handle on things?

Calm2Chaos said:
If there is no dramitic decrease in the rioting. How long until this turns into a small civil war. How long are the people going to sit by as this groups torches there country. Am I wrong in thinking that this "Riot" is not stationary but has been slow moving further and further. When does the governement take control of the situation and get a handle on things?
I think the government is finally trying to really get a handle of things. Kinda reminds me of the Katrina response in that nobody really knew how bad it was and there was a lack of communication. This seems to be the same thing. The government is finally realizing this is a serious situation.

It could easily get worse, and I'm not quite sure what they're going to do about it.

GySgt said:
1) It would seem that you are so ****ed up in the head that you can't remain consistent on your hatred.

2) You hate the Muslims, yet you condemn any action in the Middle East to change this civilization's ideology.

3) Something about we're doing the Jews job for them?

4) I wonder how many American civilians and military personnel that have been murdered over the decades by Islamic extremists were "Jews."

5) How can a "nazi youth" wannabe type, "LONG LIVE FRANCE?" Last I checked, the Nazi movement didn't want France to be free, much less "living long."

1) Actually my position has remained perfectly clear.

2) I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE ISLAM. I WANT THEM TO LEAVE EUROPE!

They can visit, but they can never be Germans, Italians, Frenchmen, Dutch or Swedes or Ukrainians, or Russians etc etc.

Only Teutonic peoples and other European races should be allowed citizenship in Europe, after all, it is our country. Our Fatherland!

If European cities need more people, they can get married and have children!

3) FIGHTING MUSLIMS IN THE MIDDLE EAST DOES NOT MAKE THEM LEAVE EUROPE!

WHY ARE YOU INCAPABLE OF UNDERSTANDING THIS?

4) "America" does not have a Military, the World Bank/IMF does.

5) That is nonsense.

Germans did not want to kill French people.

Franks were a Teutonic tribe.

They are Germans!

There are many ideas which I sympathize with the NAZIs on considering the oppression and cruelty, which the German people were subjected to at the hands of British, French and American Bankers and Industrialists (many of whom were Jews) who hated Germany and wanted to enslave its people and destroy its culture forever, which it has nearly accomplished entirely.

Anyway, I do not consider myself a NAZI.

NAZIsm is a political and economic form of government which is Totalitarian.

I believe in Government based on the principles of personal freedom and inalienable rights of Self-Determination.

I love Europe, its people and its culture and I want it to survive.

If that makes me a NAZI, so be it.

Lucidthots said:
1) Actually my position has remained perfectly clear.

They can visit, but they can never be Germans, Italians, Frenchmen, Dutch or Swedes or Ukrainians, or Russians etc etc.

Only Teutonic peoples and other European races should be allowed citizenship in Europe, after all, it is our country. Our Fatherland!

3) FIGHTING MUSLIMS IN THE MIDDLE EAST DOES NOT MAKE THEM LEAVE EUROPE!

4) "America" does not have a Military, the World Bank/IMF does.

5) That is nonsense.

Germans did not want to kill French people.

Franks were a Teutonic tribe.

They are Germans!

There are many ideas which I sympathize with the NAZIs on considering the oppression and cruelty, which the German people were subjected to at the hands of British, French and American Bankers and Industrialists (many of whom were Jews) who hated Germany and wanted to enslave its people and destroy its culture forever, which it has nearly accomplished entirely.

Anyway, I do not consider myself a NAZI.

NAZIsm is a political and economic form of government which is Totalitarian.

I believe in Government based on the principles of personal freedom and inalienable rights of Self-Determination.

I love Europe, its people and its culture and I want it to survive.

If that makes me a NAZI, so be it.

NAZI...........

about 15 years old aren't you.....LOL

GySgt said:
You could be right, but the problem won't go away. The problem will come back and it will be worse next time as the Islamists gain more numbers and continue to remain seperated from the French society by their own choice. It's the same all over the world.
You're totally right by saying the problem won't go away.. but it's not the problem you think of (surprise? :lol: )

The problem is that, since at least 15 years, there are episodic riots in the cités. Every politician at the time promised, promised and promised more.

Those cités in France are quite specific for Europe. They are "parking places", some 30 kilometers from town centers, where impoverished people are "parked", through very low housing costs. They are totally segregated from the town centers, where the price of housing is a lot higher. There are usually no more busses after 9PM, etc.. The police patrols a lot in there (quite the opposite of what Sarkozy says), and makes continuous violent controls (only against people posing no threats... they leave drug dealers and the like alone, as those could be dangerous). The youngsters living there, having usually the wrong name (eventhough there are more and more white people in those cités) and the wrong address, cannot find a job.

So, what developed there is a modus vivendi that includes violence, and hopelessness.

What happens now is NOT a muslim riot. That's what Sarkozy tries to make people think, but it's NOT true. If it were so, there would be revendications. There are none. These are just kids from the cités showing off, by what looks to them as the only way they can be seen and heard.

What they are doing is just plain stupid, and even they know it (see the few interviews of the rioters that could be done). But they don't see any other solution.
Entering politics? They would be the flower pot that traditional parties put in the foreground to show they are not racists.
Sport? Some of them did and did very well (Zidane is just one example). But of course, it's difficult for ALL of them (even 5% of them) to reach that level, seeing also the total lack of infrastructure (most sport facilities are in the town centers.. and communications with the town centers is difficult..)
Creating their own business? Some did, and did very well. The latest statistics I saw was 1%. Not something you can count on.. Furthermore, if you need investing, don't try to get backed up by a bank if you have the wrong name and address.

Let's also not forget that the basis of this crisis was put in place by Sarkozy, who would like to get the 20 % of French voters who voted Le Pen (extreme-right) during the last presidential elections. Since he came in office, what did he do?
1/Suppress all funds for the cités (social and cultural/sports programs).
2/Suppress the proximity police (police stations in the cités themselves, where the policemen came mainly form the youth of the same cité).
3/Fuel the existing racism by using words as "racaille" (scum) and "Karcher" (I will clean this place with a high-pressure waterhose).
4/ Fueling basic racism by generalising the riots as a race problem, what they are not.

So, the basic problem will remain even after the riots end.. the racism, Sarkozy, poverty, hopelessness, .. will all remain in place. It will even be worse, as now, there will be more people "fighting" each other (working north-africans from the cités against jobless north-africans of the cités against white jobless from the cités against working muslims from the town centers aginst...). Sarkozy did a perfect job, as Bush lite, to divide more and more the French society,
And that is the cause of the riots, not any form of "religious warfare". The muslim integrists tried to recuperate the movement, they couldn't. The youngsters trust only the people of their own cité, noone else. They will eventually step down, but the problems will still remain.

You can view this a a muslim riot.. It is only in the eye of the French politicians trying to play a role in the next presidential elections.

CU
Y

Lucidthots said:

FIGHTING MUSLIMS IN THE MIDDLE EAST DOES NOT MAKE THEM LEAVE EUROPE!

First...don't you live in California?

Second....you want what will not happen. The Muslims aren't going anywhere. They will remain where they live, which is in Europe, Asia and America. The only solution is for Muslims to stop isolating themselves from society wherever they amass around the world and assimilate into their surrounding civilizations just like every one else in every religion has done. These people are so deep rooted into their religions, that they are allowing themselves to be oppressed, by suicidal design, wherever they migrate. It is the second and future generations that are left to lash out and to withdraw into their religion for answers (extremists). This is occurring all over the world and people that are not identifying this as a clash of civilizations is utterly wrong and kidding themselves. At the heart of this problem and where the organized militant or terrorist lashing out has stemmed is the Middle East.

epr64 said:
You're totally right by saying the problem won't go away.. but it's not the problem you think of (surprise? :lol: )

The problem is that, since at least 15 years, there are episodic riots in the cités. Every politician at the time promised, promised and promised more.

Those cités in France are quite specific for Europe. They are "parking places", some 30 kilometers from town centers, where impoverished people are "parked", through very low housing costs. They are totally segregated from the town centers, where the price of housing is a lot higher. There are usually no more busses after 9PM, etc.. The police patrols a lot in there (quite the opposite of what Sarkozy says), and makes continuous violent controls (only against people posing no threats... they leave drug dealers and the like alone, as those could be dangerous). The youngsters living there, having usually the wrong name (eventhough there are more and more white people in those cités) and the wrong address, cannot find a job.

So, what developed there is a modus vivendi that includes violence, and hopelessness.

What happens now is NOT a muslim riot. That's what Sarkozy tries to make people think, but it's NOT true. If it were so, there would be revendications. There are none. These are just kids from the cités showing off, by what looks to them as the only way they can be seen and heard.

What they are doing is just plain stupid, and even they know it (see the few interviews of the rioters that could be done). But they don't see any other solution.
Entering politics? They would be the flower pot that traditional parties put in the foreground to show they are not racists.
Sport? Some of them did and did very well (Zidane is just one example). But of course, it's difficult for ALL of them (even 5% of them) to reach that level, seeing also the total lack of infrastructure (most sport facilities are in the town centers.. and communications with the town centers is difficult..)
Creating their own business? Some did, and did very well. The latest statistics I saw was 1%. Not something you can count on.. Furthermore, if you need investing, don't try to get backed up by a bank if you have the wrong name and address.

Let's also not forget that the basis of this crisis was put in place by Sarkozy, who would like to get the 20 % of French voters who voted Le Pen (extreme-right) during the last presidential elections. Since he came in office, what did he do?
1/Suppress all funds for the cités (social and cultural/sports programs).
2/Suppress the proximity police (police stations in the cités themselves, where the policemen came mainly form the youth of the same cité).
3/Fuel the existing racism by using words as "racaille" (scum) and "Karcher" (I will clean this place with a high-pressure waterhose).
4/ Fueling basic racism by generalising the riots as a race problem, what they are not.

So, the basic problem will remain even after the riots end.. the racism, Sarkozy, poverty, hopelessness, .. will all remain in place. It will even be worse, as now, there will be more people "fighting" each other (working north-africans from the cités against jobless north-africans of the cités against white jobless from the cités against working muslims from the town centers aginst...). Sarkozy did a perfect job, as Bush lite, to divide more and more the French society,
And that is the cause of the riots, not any form of "religious warfare". The muslim integrists tried to recuperate the movement, they couldn't. The youngsters trust only the people of their own cité, noone else. They will eventually step down, but the problems will still remain.

You can view this a a muslim riot.. It is only in the eye of the French politicians trying to play a role in the next presidential elections.

CU
Y

Sure, there are plenty of youth just lashing out. There is no denying that the majority are Muslim. There is also no denying that some of these Muslim rioters do not have an Islamic agenda. However, there is also no denying that some are very much taking advantage to serve an Islamic agenda. These people are so deep rooted into their religion, that they are allowing themselves to be oppressed, by suicidal design, wherever they migrate. It is the second and future generations that are left to lash out and to withdraw into their religion for answers (extremists). Here are four facts involved....

1) It has long been established that there is a significant jihadist presence among French Muslims. Recently six Muslims in Paris were arrested for recruiting for the jihad in Iraq.

2) The rioters have been shouting the jihad battle cry, “Allahu akbar.” and have avoided Muslim-owned businesses, preferring obviously non-Muslim targets.

3) French Jewish synagogues and Christian churches have been targetted.

4) Mouloud Dahmani is a Muslim leader in France who is trying to prevail upon the French to allow for a group of Muslim Brotherhood sheikhs to negotiate an end to the riots. The Muslim Brotherhood, of course, is the first modern Islamic jihad organization and the direct forefather of Hamas and Al-Qaeda.

Even with a subsidence of temporary violence, it's going to get worse and so far most nations where this clash of civilizations is occurring are not addressing it for what it is going to become. These people do not want to blend in with society like every subscriber to every other religion has done through history. They want seperation within borders and to spread the "word of Allah." In other words, they want everyone else to assimilate to them. Human history is largely a violent contest of gods and the men who served them, and our age is the latest, intense serial in a saga that shaped our earliest myths.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Sure, there are plenty of youth just lashing out. There is no denying that the majority are Muslim. There is also no denying that some of these Muslim rioters do not have an Islamic agenda. However, there is also no denying that some are very much taking advantage to serve an Islamic agenda. These people are so deep rooted into their religion, that they are allowing themselves to be oppressed, by suicidal design, wherever they migrate. It is the second and future generations that are left to lash out and to withdraw into their religion for answers (extremists). Here are four facts involved....

1) It has long been established that there is a significant jihadist presence among French Muslims. Recently six Muslims in Paris were arrested for recruiting for the jihad in Iraq.

2) The rioters have been shouting the jihad battle cry, “Allahu akbar.” and have avoided Muslim-owned businesses, preferring obviously non-Muslim targets.

3) French Jewish synagogues and Christian churches have been targetted.

4) Mouloud Dahmani is a Muslim leader in France who is trying to prevail upon the French to allow for a group of Muslim Brotherhood sheikhs to negotiate an end to the riots. The Muslim Brotherhood, of course, is the first modern Islamic jihad organization and the direct forefather of Hamas and Al-Qaeda.

Even with a subsidence of temporary violence, it's going to get worse and so far most nations where this clash of civilizations is occurring are not addressing it for what it is going to become. These people do not want to blend in with society like every subscriber to every other religion has done through history. They want seperation within borders and to spread the "word of Allah." In other words, they want everyone else to assimilate to them. Human history is largely a violent contest of gods and the men who served them, and our age is the latest, intense serial in a saga that shaped our earliest myths.

Well, this is where we disagree..

Of course, most of the rioters are muslims. But first of all, they are poor French youngsters with a North-African face and name. That's what's preventing them to get a life (I didn't say a job, mind me. They can't have jobs either, but that's not what these riots are for..)

Allah akbar is no longer the motto of Jihad in Europe. My nefew (totally belgian) uses it quite often. We have immigrants from Africa since the 50s here. Their language (schmet, Wallah, etc.. ) are used in the common language. It doesn't mean a thing, and certainly not Jihad.

They targeted what they had in the neighbourhood.. because they couldn't leave the cités, mainly. Most of them would have LOVED to go down to Neuilly (the posh suburb where Sarkozy is mayor) or to Matignon or to the Elysee palace to burn it down. Of course, that was NOT a possibility, because they are NOT organised (rival cités, etc..) and that the cops would have immediately reacted with awesome force. These kids are not stupid. They want to show off, not to die.

There has been a tentative by the islamists to recuperate the movement. They tried to make a demo today. They got 200 people (and none of them was from the cités). Those kids cannot be recuperated by the extremists, whatever they try, because the kids don't trust anyone any more. Their parents? "If you work at school, things will be better for you". Lies. The politicians? "We will help you and make things possible so you can have a decent life if you work for it". Lies. The imams? "Jihad and God will help you". Lies. They know everyone lies to them, and they are destined by the society to remain in their cités and live a life that weights less than the life of an average citizen. Not because they are muslims, because they are poor from a cité.

That's why there are no revendications. That's why the internet calls for specific actions are not followed. That's the proof they are not recuperated, neither by the muslim extremists, nor by the "good" patronising french left parties. That's why the riots are not controllable.

Of course, the curfew curbed down the numbers of cars burned. But the problems are still there, and the motivation also. They won't step down for anything less than concrete actions to solve the situation.. which is that, with equal value, they have less chances to get a life.

The "muslim" part of the equation is irrelevant.. for the moment. But everyone will try very hard to recuperate the movement, extremists, politicians, etc.. We'll see what happens.

CU
Y

President Bush would be accused of what he gets accused of anytime a black person suffers anywhere in America (all actions taken to ruin their own lives aside, of course). The bigot card is the knee-jerk, driveling, halfwit answer to everything for liberals.

As to the second question of this thread, I am sure Al Queda has bigger fish to fry. France sided with Saddam and Al Queda straight out of the gate (as is required by their eternal commitment to never learning from history), so they have been left alone. They sit in fetal position cowering to the bullies and get overlooked while those of us with balls send our very best in to take some heads.

RE : Calm2chaos # 62
France has been bragging about its equality since its bloody revolouion. Of course at first it didn't include Jews ,remember DRYFUS . Also France after it finaly freed its Middle eastern colonies.Maintained close relations with them and kissed their muslim ass a lot especialy in recent times. Than there was the money they made from guys like SADDAM HEUISSAIN .So France was taken aback by the behaviour of its domestic muslims and the lack of help they got from their mideast buddies.

JOHNYJ said:
RE : Calm2chaos # 62
France has been bragging about its equality since its bloody revolouion. Of course at first it didn't include Jews ,remember DRYFUS .

Erhm..moot. Napoleon was the first leader to welcome the Jews into his country which would be France.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Have the French surrendered yet?

Ok so lets say France surrenders to the rioters.
What does having a Muslim nation where France used to be do to alter the national outlook in the European region?

akyron said:
Ok so lets say France surrenders to the rioters.
What does having a Muslim nation where France used to be do to alter the national outlook in the European region?

Another pain in the ass country that complains alot. Except this one carries martry bombs and would now have access to relatively unused millitary equipment

Back
Top Bottom