• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Paris Riots

M14 Shooter

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
First - what do you suppose would happen if this were going in in DC and Bush had not done anything about it - for 11 days.

Second - I've read rumors about AQ having sent people to instigate/help/fan the flames of the rioters. Anyone else hear this, and anyone doubt the possibility?

Re: Paris Roits

He would have gotten roasted. Then again he would have gotten roasted if he did something day 1 or day 11.

Re: Paris Roits

Planet of the Apes, anyone...?

I can tell you one thing.. They better stop protesting soon. If this goes on much longer... the frnch government is going to have to surrender...

Calm2Chaos said:
I can tell you one thing.. They better stop protesting soon. If this goes on much longer... the frnch government is going to have to surrender...

The riots are just the first statege of a plot by Rove and Halliburton to get France back for selling biological weapons to Iran.

M14 Shooter said:
The riots are just the first statege of a plot by Rove and Halliburton to get France back for selling biological weapons to Iran.

:rofl

I think the French police should shoot to kill every one of those rioting bastards. :shoot

Old and wise said:
:rofl

I think the French police should shoot to kill every one of those rioting bastards. :shoot

Surrender and het it over with ... They know they want to

I find it a direct slap in the face to the French people who don't think that Islamic extremism is a global problem. Of course, so far, these riots are about jobless and oppressed Islamists that are lashing out the way they know how to and not a "terrorist" act. But, I've been waiting for the explosions. These riots are the beginning. As soon as the French Police start "abusing" and hurting the "innocent," there will be terrorist like bombings in defiance and then what will the French do, since so far, they have tried to appease Islamic extremism away?

...oooh....oooh...I know...call us.

Aint poetic justice grand?

Last edited:
GySgt said:
I find it a direct slap in the face to the French people who don't think that Islamic extremism is a global problem. Of course, so far, these riots are about jobless and oppressed Islamists that are lashing out the way they know how to and not a "terrorist" act. But, I've been waiting for the explosions. These riots are the beginning. As soon as the French Police start "abusing" and hurting the "innocent," there will be terrorist like bombings in defiance and then what will the French do, since so far, they have tried to appease Islamic extremism away?

...oooh....oooh...I know...call us.

Aint poetic justice grand?

Would it be politically incorrect to buy a huge bag of marshmallows and and some real long sticks and just watch it burn?

Calm2Chaos said:
Would it be politically incorrect to buy a huge bag of marshmallows and and some real long sticks and just watch it burn?

Probably. That's why I bought a jumbo bag.

GySgt said:
Probably. That's why I bought a jumbo bag.

I'll bring the sticks....

You guys are extremely ignorant if you think the French have tried to "appease terrorism away." For one thing, there is probably no democratic government in the world that is tougher on terror than France. France's draconian attitude toward civil liberties should be enough to give you guys erections and to make the ACLU cringe. For another thing, there is not yet any indication that these riots have anything to do with Islamic extremism. Remember that France's Muslim population is largely secular, and these riots seem to be more of a result of unemployment and poverty.

Not to mention that France warned the US that a massive terrorist attack on US soil would happen on 9/11. Also for preventing 4 more terrorists attacks on US soil. Also for helping out in Afganistan.

Oh they didn't like the Iraq war, but most of the world doesn't and now most of America doesn't.

I find it incredibly racist that some people in this thread are already calling the rioters "terrorists" simply because they're Muslim (I assume you didn't refer to blacks who rioted in Cincinnati or Los Angeles as terrorists?). That's not to say that there couldn't be acts of terrorism in the midst of the riots, but that's not the primary goal of the majority of rioters.

Kandahar said:
I find it incredibly racist that some people in this thread are already calling the rioters "terrorists" simply because they're Muslim (I assume you didn't refer to blacks who rioted in Cincinnati or Los Angeles as terrorists?). That's not to say that there couldn't be acts of terrorism in the midst of the riots, but that's not the primary goal of the majority of rioters.

Who called them terrorists? You're grandstanding for no reason.

GySgt said:
Who called them terrorists? You're grandstanding for no reason.

GySgt said:
As soon as the French Police start "abusing" and hurting the "innocent," there will be terrorist like bombings in defiance and then what will the French do, since so far, they have tried to appease Islamic extremism away?

... :roll:

M14 Shooter said:
First - what do you suppose would happen if this were going in in DC and Bush had not done anything about it - for 11 days.

The riots are stemming from social policy issues. Cherac is trying to stop the riots by making social changes, which were needed anyway, and invited a highly respected French Muslim leader to join in. Thankfully he declared a Fa'twa but I don't think anyone is listening. Now there are copycaters in Belgium and Germany.

M14 Shooter said:
Second - I've read rumors about AQ having sent people to instigate/help/fan the flames of the rioters. Anyone else hear this, and anyone doubt the possibility?

There's no evidence of it. The French police have found bomb factories however they believe that the riots are being supported by various gangs. As someone else pointed out, the French have been fighting terrorism far longer than the U.S. They've had guantaminoesque prisons and policies since the mid-90s.

Kandahar said:
I find it incredibly racist that some people in this thread are already calling the rioters "terrorists" simply because they're Muslim

When you say Muslim you mean Arab, right? Cuz, otherwise you're not making sense.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Thankfully he declared a Fa'twa but I don't think anyone is listening.

"Thankfully he declared a Fa'twa?" Jesus, what is it today with people and their Fraudian slips? I'll assume you meant it was thankful that nobody was privy to it.

iamjack said:
"Thankfully he declared a Fa'twa?" Jesus, what is it today with people and their Fraudian slips? I'll assume you meant it was thankful that nobody was privy to it.

Ehrm no. The Fa'twa was a call to stop the violent protests.

iamjack said:
When you say Muslim you mean Arab, right? Cuz, otherwise you're not making sense.

France's Muslims ARE predominantly Arab. What are you talking about?

Kandahar said:
... :roll:

...and what did this have to do with the riots? If you read it more carefully, you will see that their were two seperate subjects being talked about in my post (#8). To continue on to the second sentence........

"Of course, so far, these riots are about jobless and oppressed Islamists that are lashing out the way they know how to and not a "terrorist" act."

Somehow, I knew someone looking for an argument would screw up my post. How did you do it....oh yeah...:roll:

GySgt said:
...and what did this have to do with the riots? If you read it more carefully, you will see that their were two seperate subjects being talked about in my post (#8). To continue on to the second sentence........

"Of course, so far, these riots are about jobless and oppressed Islamists that are lashing out the way they know how to and not a "terrorist" act."

Somehow, I knew someone looking for an argument would screw up my post. How did you do it....oh yeah...:roll:

Does this mean no marshmallows?

Have they surrendered yet? LOL

Calm2Chaos said:
Does this mean no marshmallows?

Have they surrendered yet? LOL

Oh you must be referring to WW2. Yeah of course the French Government surrendered, that must mean they always surrender. Some people are so ignorant that they rely of stereotypes to classify people. It's like me calling every American fat, its a stereotype, but i doubt every American is fat but according to your logic it must be true.

If you remember during WW2 even though the French government surrendered, the French people fought on when they could. The US and UK owed alot to French Resistance Intelligence to stage bombings and the invasion of Normandy.

I can't stand the ignorance of some people.

Back
Top Bottom