• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parents-upset-after-middle-school-girls forced Into 'Lesbian Kiss'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents Upset After Middle School Girls Forced Into 'Lesbian Kiss' at NY School

This is truly disgusting! I'm glad my daughter was home-schooled!

For some reason I find alot of this hard to believe. I think the source is over playing it's hand. If anything like this really happened then it should stop and someone should be in trouble over it but some of this sounds like an article from the onion...

The workshop which divided the students by sex, also made a presentation to boys at the middle school who were advised to carry a condom in their pocket at all times and given tips on how to identify a "slut."

For some reason I find alot of this hard to believe. I think the source is over playing it's hand. If anything like this really happened then it should stop and someone should be in trouble over it but some of this sounds like an article from the onion...

It does sound like something the onion would report but the actual schools website has an article about health class concerns due to media attention.

Last edited:
TI does sound like something the onion would report but the actual schools website has an article about health class concerns due to media attention.

Yea, media attention due to people misreporting what actually happened. It's easily done. Say that in reality they made the girls hold hands and playing around they blew kisses at each other, later on kids started calling the kids lesbians, so they complain to there parents that the school made them do it and that there getting picked on. I have no idea if that could be the case, I'm just saying that 9 times out of ten when I hear something like this and it's so hard for me to believe that it usually turns out that something was blown out of proportion. If it happened just as described in the source, then I'm all for being outraged and if the school superintendent isn't outraged he should be fired. But I just have a hard time believing it.

What's disgusting is that the teacher and principal will not be held accountable. I'd be at the School Board.

No see the first question you have to ask did it actually happen?

On a board like this, we have what we have to work with, Observer. It's take all the fun out of it if I had to fly to Poughkeepsie and interview the students.

On a board like this, we have what we have to work with, Observer. It's take all the fun out of it if I had to fly to Poughkeepsie and interview the students.
Yeah really... where's the fun in talking about facts?

This is manufactured garbage by Fox.

http://www.redhookcentralschools.or.../Email Communication to Fox News Reporter.pdf
http://www.redhookcentralschools.org/cms/lib04/NY01000233/Centricity/Domain/1/Important Facts.pdf

The point was to teach girls how to say no to sex and not to bully others over sexual orientation. The girls were asked to put themselves in the shoes of lesbians as an exercise in empathy, they were never forced or even requested to kiss anyone.
Prob'ly why Google News had so little about it.

http://www.redhookcentralschools.or.../Email Communication to Fox News Reporter.pdf
http://www.redhookcentralschools.org/cms/lib04/NY01000233/Centricity/Domain/1/Important Facts.pdf

The point was to teach girls how to say no to sex and not to bully others over sexual orientation. The girls were asked to put themselves in the shoes of lesbians as an exercise in empathy, they were never forced or even requested to kiss anyone.

I figured it might be something like this when I saw the source of the thread used by the OP. "The Christian Post?" Hmm, perhaps not the best source for unbiased reporting on sex education or tolerance education.

You mean do a little research on your own as opposed to an emotional knee-jerk reaction that satisfies your blood lust for useless debate and conflict?! What's wrong with you?!

Just saw this. thanks.

I still see issues with asking preteens to engage in homosexually related activity...or heterosexually related activity, for that matter.

Who's directing this, Roman Polansky?

This is outrageous!

Yes, such blatantly fraudulent reporting is cause for outrage. Especially for Christians, because this so-called Christian news source is actively lying to them.

People need to really learn to look critically at things they read on the internet. If it sounds too ridiculous and outrageous to be true, it probably isn't true.

Last edited:
they didn't engage in sexual activity.

It was an exercise designed to help them resist pressure from boys. And middle school - these days, sex is happening in those years, anything we can do to help girls AND boys resist pressure is a good thing.

I hope you review the PDFs that were posted.

they didn't engage in sexual activity.

It was an exercise designed to help them resist pressure from boys. And middle school - these days, sex is happening in those years, anything we can do to help girls AND boys resist pressure is a good thing.

I hope you review the PDFs that were posted.

Some people are so blindly in opposition to any sort of sex education that they even attack education that tells kids to resist sexual pressure. It's sad.

Yes, such blatantly fraudulent reporting is cause for outrage. Especially for Christians, because this so-called Christian news source is actively lying to them.

People need to really learn to look critically at things they read on the internet. If it sounds too ridiculous and outrageous to be true, it probably isn't true.

Do you have proof against the claims?

Do you have proof against the claims?

Information regarding that has already been posted. Whether you consider that "proof" is up to you, but you should keep in mind that you don't have "proof" that this happened in the first place. Just the word of a clearly-biased "news" source.

Hell, even following through this article's own links makes it back off immediately. The article in the OP says "forced into lesbian kiss." The first link in the article has another article saying the girls were told to ask for a kiss. (because it was an exercise on saying no) The reason it was two girls instead of a boy and a girl is that in 2013 apparently we are still separating girls and boys for sex ed. Oh, and homosexuals exist. Deal with it.

Last edited:
Also...

Dear Parents,

If you want direct veto powers over everything your child does or does not learn at school, feel free to home school them. You can't opt your child out of the fact that homosexuals exist any more than you can opt them out of Algebra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom