• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Parents Throwing Babies In Front Of Cars/You Cannot Survive Without My Body

proverbialthought

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Here is the scenario…

A mother and her 3-year-old daughter are walking along the side of a road. While walking, a large truck comes speeding up the side of the road uncontrollably and is heading straight for the daughter. The mother has two choices. She can either pull the daughter to safety, and risk being killed by this out of control vehicle, or she can dive to safety, leaving the daughter there to die. What do you think this mother will do?

The abortion lobby has promulgated a "compassionate" and "understanding" angle in which they are drawing support, even from Christian conservatives, for the continued legalization of abortion. Upon this claim they are labeling persons like myself who support a complete ban on abortion as extremists. This scenario states that abortion can never be totally eliminated because their needs to be a clause for cases in which it "might" affect the health of the mother.

The reason why I emphasize the word might is because prenatal medicine is not an exacting science. They can never say definitively whether a mother will die, or suffer long-term medical problems if she goes through with the birth. At best, they can only present the worst-case scenario, which is simply a possibility. I would hate to kill my baby because I "might" be in danger.

To the mothers reading this. Faced with the opening scenario, how many of you would take a chance on letting the speeding truck hit you in order to save the life of your child. As a father of two it would be a no-brainer. I would save my kid's lives even if I knew definitively that I would die as a result. This is what it means to be a father, and the lives of my children mean that much to me!

Unfortunately, we have liberal Democrats and socially moderate Republicans throwing babies out in front of moving cars, using this belief as justification. I am compassionate in believing that it would be a very difficult decision if I found out that my lovely wife's life would be in danger if she went through with another birth. But, knowing that no doctor can tell me definitively that this would be the case, I would save the baby, and trust God to save my wife. It's called faith.

I will be the first to admit that I am not the moral compass for the entire world to watch and exemplify. I am not 100% right 100% of the time, but God's word is. Therefore, if I make a moral error, I do not compound it by further turning away from God's word to "fix" the problem. Conceiving a child out of wedlock, which is immoral cannot be fixed by aborting a child, which is also immoral. Immorality cannot and should not be justified by further immorality.

I say this as a precursor to the following group of statements. Abortion is a real issue for me for the following reasons. I have a younger sister whom I love dearly, and we are extremely close as we are only two years apart in age. Upon her conception one of my parents wanted to abort her due to their temporary financial status. The idea of not having my younger sister in my life is more than I dare think about. Furthermore, my wife would have been aborted, had it not been for the intervention of a wonderful, older, Christian lady. Even still there remain situations that hit even closer to home.

Neither of my children were planned pregnancies. Not only were they not planned; my children are a mere fifteen months apart in age. When we found out about the first pregnancy my wife and I were not married, and I was serving in the church. I was living with my parents, making $6.76 per hour working at a Christian Bookstore, and really had nothing to offer a child or a wife.

Needless to say abortion became an option as many people around us advocated for the procedure. We were not having it though! We had already made plans for marriage, though we were not yet engaged. Therefore we followed through with the marriage, I was blessed with better employment, and we moved into our own place once we were officially married. Anyone who has seen my daughter knows how beautiful she is, and knows what a travesty it would have been to murder her in the womb.

Abortion was thrown at us again when my son was unexpectedly conceived just six months after my daughter's birth. Again, we were not interested, and we had our son. And yes, he is as beautiful as my daughter. Every struggle that I face as a result of having two kids at this stage of my life is worth it to me every time one of them comes up and hugs me.

I think that it is time that we stand up to the pro-abortion lobby, and make our voice be heard! There is only one instance in which it is legal to kill one human to preserve the life of another, and that is self-defense. Abortion is not self-defense because no unborn child can attack its mother.

The church needs to take a hard stand against these radical liberals who will throw millions of babies out in front of moving cars in order to advance their political careers. Ask yourself this question, "Is it okay for a mother to kill her child to save her own life?" Again I know in practice these are difficult decisions to be made, but there must be a moral compass on which to base these decisions. We cannot rely solely on science.

Remember, Jesus Christ willingly laid down His life that you and I "might" live. Therefore as parents, we need to be willing to lay down our lives for our children, those that are in and out of the womb. Help stop the Liberal Left, and the Moderate Right's pro-choice agenda by standing up and telling them that our children have every right to live! Tell them that as loving parents, if ever given the choice, we would gladly lay down our lives to preserve the lives of our children. Expose the invalidity of this Liberal claim, and push the pro-abortion lobby back!

Remember, being pro-choice is equivalent to being pro-abortion. It is equivalent to saying, "I would push my child from in front of a moving vehicle, but I would stand silently and watch another mother push her child in front of a moving vehicle." We have to realize that Abortion is not about women, it's about babies.

Remember, the pro-choice stance was created by the pro-abortion spinsters to make pro-life appear to be extreme. They told moral individuals like yourself that it is okay for you to be against abortion, just don't impose upon their rights to make choices. They made it a moral issue for us, while it continues to be a legal issue for them. They are seeking to pacify us by making us pro-choice, or moderate, while they remain extreme.

It is extreme circumstances like the one used by liberal Democrats that causes us to leave the door open for these modern day Herods to keep the murder of millions of children legal. It is time for the body of Christ to stop opposing death with choice, and lift up a biblical standard and oppose death with life. God Bless You All, and see you at the polls!

You cannot survive without my body

If you and I were rock climbing and we had an accident, which resulted in you dangling off a ridge with your only lifeline being my leg, which you managed to grab in the accident, do I have the automatic right to remove you from my leg, which would send you to your death? Since it is the same situation levelled at the human in the womb, the justification being you are restricting my freedom to walk away.

Re: You cannot survive without my body

jimmyjack said:
If you and I were rock climbing and we had an accident, which resulted in you dangling off a ridge with your only lifeline being my leg, which you managed to grab in the accident, do I have the automatic right to remove you from my leg, which would send you to your death? Since it is the same situation levelled at the human in the womb, the justification being you are restricting my freedom to walk away.

Not to mention that you'd be charged with manslaughter or possibly murder if you did choose to "walk away"

Re: You cannot survive without my body

Moderator Note:
Merged these two threads. Same premise.

proverbialthought

Excellent thread and a very good analogy.

Last edited:
jimmyjack said:
proverbialthought

Excellent thread and a very good analogy.

No, it isn't a good analogy.

If a truck is heading rapidly towards you, you do not have time to think - you must act immediately, and probably instinctively.

If a woman is pregnant, she has time top think, and to make a considered decision.

Bad analogy!

And proverbial thought is just trying to force his/her religion on others, which is never good.

Naughty Nurse said:

If a truck is heading rapidly towards you, you do not have time to think - you must act immediately, and probably instinctively.

If a woman is pregnant, she has time top think, and to make a considered decision.

Bad analogy!

And proverbial thought is just trying to force his/her religion on others, which is never good.
Force my religion on you. You sound like a xenophobic biggot. How is discussing my views, thus entering them into t he arena of ideas "forcing my religion" on anybody. Did I say anything about converting to Christianity. No, I said that we should save babies! Biggot, you xenophobic biggot who doesn't want me to discuss my religious views simply because you don't like them.

proverbialthought said:
Force my religion on you. You sound like a xenophobic biggot. How is discussing my views, thus entering them into t he arena of ideas "forcing my religion" on anybody. Did I say anything about converting to Christianity. No, I said that we should save babies! Biggot, you xenophobic biggot who doesn't want me to discuss my religious views simply because you don't like them.
Let's keep the name calling out of this forum, ok?

proverbialthought said:
At best, they can only present the worst-case scenario, which is simply a possibility. I would hate to kill my baby because I "might" be in danger.
It's not that you might be in danger. It's that you would be in danger because you might die or suffer long-term medical problems.

Quite a difference that.

proverbialthought said:
Force my religion on you.

Not on me, no. I'm a gay man, so abortion is not going to be of personal concern to me. However, you clearly wish to prevent others from having the option of abortion, and your motivation for doing so is because abortion is contrary to your own religious beliefs. Therefore I conclude that you are trying to force your religion, or at least the consequences of your religion, on others.

proverbialthought said:
Here is the scenario…

A mother and her 3-year-old daughter are walking along the side of a road. While walking, a large truck comes speeding up the side of the road uncontrollably and is heading straight for the daughter. The mother has two choices. She can either pull the daughter to safety, and risk being killed by this out of control vehicle, or she can dive to safety, leaving the daughter there to die. What do you think this mother will do?

Where in this scenario does the throwing babies in front of cars come in. I mean I see stuff about an automobile and stuf about a child, but I don't see any throwing.

proverbialthought said:
You sound like a xenophobic biggot.
Biggot, you xenophobic biggot who doesn't want me to discuss my religious views simply because you don't like them.
[/mod mode]
Dear proverbialthought,

We know that we all get heated sometimes. We also realize that debatable subjects are the same subjects that people are likely to have strong feelings about. We think that impassioned discourse is a good thing.

However, this sort of comment is better suited for The Basement than the debate forums. If you'd like to start a thread there, you are welcomed and encouraged to do so.

So, hold off on the name calling in this forum. It doesn't advance your argument OR make you look cool.

If you should encounter such a post from another, know that there's a small button in the botom left of each post that will allow you to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Thanks,

SWM

[/mod mode]

Naughty Nurse said:

Bad analogy!

How about this one then, don't worry you got time, but do the wrong thing and you'll be doing time:

jimmyjack said:
How about this one then, don't worry you got time, but do the wrong thing and you'll be doing time:

Please walk away. I will continue to hang on to your leg, and thus you will take me to safety.

And I am not a foetus, so it isn't the same situation at all, is it?

Naughty Nurse said:
Please walk away. I will continue to hang on to your leg, and thus you will take me to safety.

And I am not a foetus, so it isn't the same situation at all, is it?

No, no, no, stop adding your own twist on the analogy, the fact is: if I walk away you die.

And you’re not a baby either, so what? But there is one thing in common; we are all human, including the foetus.

And if a mother has a teenage son who goes all John Wayne Gacy on her, what's she meant to do then?

(Hooray for stupid analogies!)

vergiss said:
And if a mother has a teenage son who goes all John Wayne Gacy on her, what's she meant to do then?

(Hooray for stupid analogies!)

Yes, I agree your analogy is stupid, that also explains why you are too stupid to reply to my analogy properly.

vergiss said:

The point being made in my analogy is this: Your justification for killing another human based on the grounds that your freedom is compromised is not justification at all.

You know, your existence alone provides at the justification necessary for why abortion should be legal.

vergiss said:
You know, your existence alone provides at the justification necessary for why abortion should be legal.

Please make sense when engaging in debate, your lack of knowledge and intellect makes your argument even weaker then it already is.

proverbialthought said:

a xenophobic bigot! The very nerve!!!! Use any insult you like but to start calling people xenophobic bigots, its purely barbaric!

but heres a nice tip, if you want to insult someone, try to come up with something better than "xenophobic bigot" (which is an oxymoron btw), it makes you soundlike an 8th grade drama student

sargasm said:
a xenophobic bigot! The very nerve!!!! Use any insult you like but to start calling people xenophobic bigots, its purely barbaric!

but heres a nice tip, if you want to insult someone, try to come up with something better than "xenophobic bigot" (which is an oxymoron btw), it makes you soundlike an 8th grade drama student
[mod mode]This is also inappropriate for this forum. [/mod mode]

You warn him for telling off someone who was throwing insults? Logical.

vergiss said:
You warn him for telling off someone who was throwing insults? Logical.
[Mod Note]
Flaming in retalliation is not appropriate or allowed in this forum either. It's best to keep this forum as civilized as possible without personal attacks. We understand that this is a very heated topic, but expect and hope our members can keep the discussion about the topic.
[/Mod Note]

Man, looks like this thread has gone downhill fast.

To answer Naughty Nurse, the reason why pro-life people oppose there being a choice on abortion is the same reason that we oppose there being a choice on rape, the murder of adults, assault, or any other crime that involves the violation of an individual's rights.

Back
Top Bottom