• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parents outraged that Hooters sponsored Cub Scouts

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Parents outraged that Hooters sponsored Cub Scouts | abc13.com

Parents were outraged after finding out that Hooters girls had not only posed for photos with a Colorado Cub Scout camp ground, but had sponsored the event in the first place.

Michaelle Kettleborough told KMGH that she did a double take when she picked up her son and a friend at the frontier district day camp.

When she got home, she saw her son on the Hooters Facebook page.
Gee lady, it sure beats having your son sponsored by the Chippendales, right? :2razz:

Well, somebody had to say that.

And somebody has to take the 'typical mom" view. I wouldn't be happy if my cub scout's picture was on a Hooter's FB.

And whose great idea was it to have a Hooters sponsor this troop event anyway?

And somebody has to take the 'typical mom" view. I wouldn't be happy if my cub scout's picture was on a Hooter's FB.

the person charged with finding a donor willing to underwrite the pack's activities

suspect (s)he would have accepted your donation instead had you stepped forward instead of h00ters

Hooters is 5 years into a mostly failed attempt to rebrand themselves, away from cute girls and "lookism".

They decided that catering to men was a bad idea, they want to be a slightly edgy family place now.

I never go, but if we ever get a Tilted Kilt or a Twin Peaks I am there!

The problem Hooters has is that there are too many like me.

Last edited:
i look forward to seeing their h00ters souvenir shirts

I don't know, but he must be a hero to these little fellas.

Oh, sure. Because the typical 7-10-year old boy is thinking about hot babes. :3oops:

And, of course, this is desirable. We want to sexualize little kids as quickly as possible so that they don't have to suffer from "childhoods." :3oops:

the person charged with finding a donor willing to underwrite the pack's activities

suspect (s)he would have accepted your donation instead had you stepped forward instead of h00ters

Gosh, that's exactly what I should've done. And if this pack had asked me, I just might have. Of course, I live in another state and read about this here in this thread, but please don't let that stop you from snarking.

Oh, sure. Because the typical 7-10-year old boy is thinking about hot babes. :3oops:

And, of course, this is desirable. We want to sexualize little kids as quickly as possible so that they don't have to suffer from "childhoods." :3oops:

They be a titch bit on the young side. Still it was cool of the establishment to underwrite the activity in question. I think the mother instead of screaming to the world about the supposed wrong, maybe she should have went to the establishment and pointed out that maybe it might be better to keep the donation on the down low and or perhaps sponsor a regular scout troop instead if they want the publicity. Just saying.

I don't think hooters is trying to sexualize the kiddos, they were sponsoring a cub scout activity, which is pretty cool in my book.

Why? Hooters is a legal and respectable business. We need more commercial organizations sponsoring kids activities.

Gosh, that's exactly what I should've done. And if this pack had asked me, I just might have. Of course, I live in another state and read about this here in this thread, but please don't let that stop you from snarking.

appears my point was sound given the absence of any valid rebuttal

maybe i view this issue personally, having been a scout leader. it was those parents who were not involved in the scouting program who wanted to be critical about the actions of those parents who were active and supportive

maybe i view this issue personally, having been a scout leader. it was those parents who were not involved in the scouting program who wanted to be critical about the actions of those parents who were active and supportive

I raised three kids who were active in stuff....this happens. Oft though it is a case of a minority cliques seeing a chance to launch an attack on the majority cliques, adults being so often like tribal teens now, because they never grew up.

Why? Hooters is a legal and respectable business. We need more commercial organizations sponsoring kids activities.
To me this is kind of borderline. Strip clubs are legal, too, but I would definitely find it inappropriate for one to sponsor a kid's program.

Maybe you view this issue too personally. I can't imagine why you would post to me, someone who doesn't even live in the same state, that if only I'd made a contribution, Hooters sponsorship wouldn't have been needed...which is essentially what you said to me.

And maybe you shouldn't assume when you're posting with somebody you don't know. You have no freaking idea what my experiences were as a parent and whether I was active and supportive. Scouts and sports, buddy. Stuffed report cards in envelopes every six weeks too and helped out with the kid/teen programs at church.

As a single mom who was commuting sometimes three freaking times a week 100 miles each day. :twisted:

It's just a restaurant...

image.jpg

A ten year old boy is at that stage where he begins to think on such things.

Puberty can start as early as nine.

Also, I can speak from experience as a former ten year old boy.

In all seriousness though, I agree that this was very inappropriate.

a Twin Peaks I am there!.

Oh man, Twin Peaks...

Tried it for the first time this year when I was in Vegas.

First off... the ladies and those shirts. I am shameless. Hubba Hubba.

Secondly, the billionaire bacon... I would ****ing sprint from Canada to the closest twin peaks for another crack at those bad boys.

I wouldn't be happy either. I don't think my husband would like it either, especially because he wants to raise the kids with religious teachings. If my husband got to pose for pictures with Hooters girls, that would be different. I know he would like that.

See, it's kind of misleading anyway. I've been a few times, and the girls almost never really have big hooters. :2razz:

I only went once with my husband, and I felt kind of weird being there. My husband said I was staring right at the waitress's boobs, but I couldn't help it. They were right there, and I was kind of shocked how little the shirt actually was.

See, it's kind of misleading anyway. I've been a few times, and the girls almost never really have big hooters. :2razz:

Which accounts for the FEW TIMES. Lol

Hooters used to get the best girls, but they had been suffering for several years before the rebranding started about 5 years ago, and the rebranding has not gone well. They can no longer get the best, the best want to work for people who know what they are doing, where they can make the most money, and they want to work with the best.

Which is not Hooters, not anymore. Pretty much all of the Breastaurants which started after Hooters have long been doing much better than Hooters, which is why management gave up and tried to become an edgy family place. They spent a ton of money on this, way over $1 million per store. They changed everything. IT has been a FAIL.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom