• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parents outraged that Hooters sponsored Cub Scouts

As long as neither of those places actually brought their products to the boys why not?

One of my favorite movies is Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. The Chicken Ranch was one of the biggest sponsors in town of the little league team. What's the big deal? Sponsors shouldn't push their products onto any organization they donate to and volunteers should all be watched to ensure they are acting appropriately around children, but none of that has anything to do with the reactions here. The reaction is purely about complaints on where the money to sponsor an event or organization comes from because some don't approve with some aspect of the company giving the money when that aspect has nothing to do with the donation or work donated.

Again, if you're coming from the perspective that money is money and don't have a problem with a whorehouse sponsoring a Little League team, I don't think there's anything I can say that you'd see any sense in.

Again, if you're coming from the perspective that money is money and don't have a problem with a whorehouse sponsoring a Little League team, I don't think there's anything I can say that you'd see any sense in.

I don't have any issue with it because it isn't like they would be providing free services or any services to the little leaguers, nor even tours of the Chicken Ranch. They are helping a cause, helping others. It isn't using blood money or even illegally gained money (at least not when it comes to the Hooters activity).

i certainly agree with that post

Back
Top Bottom