• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parents Lose Custody of Hitler

Catz Part Deux

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Adolf Hitler Campbell Taken From Parents

Newser) – New Jersey parents have lost custody of a son they named Adolf Hitler, as well as daughters Jocelynn Aryan Nation and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie. The Appeals court ruling overturned a family court decision, and found that the parents suffer from unspecified physical and psychological disabilities. Heath and Deborah Campbell were victims of childhood abuse and neither "have received adequate treatment for their serious psychological conditions," the ruling stated. The parents "recklessly created a risk of serious injury to their children by failing to protect them from harm and failing to treat their disabilities," the judges ruled.

Read more: Adolf Hitler Campbell Taken From Parents

Some people should not be allowed to breed.

Sadly, it's actually good that these turds gave their kids those names...

The article doesn't mention any of the kids' ages, but I'd hope this was caught pretty early in their lives because of it.

The only remote justification I see is that the husband is threatening with violence which in turn shouldve let to the husband being arrested, not the children being taken away.

The only remote justification I see is that the husband is threatening with violence which in turn shouldve let to the husband being arrested, not the children being taken away.

what about the failing to treat the disabilities?

found that the parents suffer from unspecified physical and psychological disabilities.
LOL - you think?

Jim Hogg, a former governor of Texas, named his daughter Ima. And no, contrary to urban legend, she did not have a sister named Ura.

In Grand Rapids, Michigan, Bill Lear named his daughter Chanda.

And, of course, we all know about the guy who was named Mike Hunt. LOL.

I'm sure Oliver Stone sympathizes with the parents.

Jim Hogg, a former governor of Texas, named his daughter Ima. And no, contrary to urban legend, she did not have a sister named Ura.

In Grand Rapids, Michigan, Bill Lear named his daughter Chanda.

And, of course, we all know about the guy who was named Mike Hunt. LOL.

I dont get it.

OT: on Mike Hunt. You know how kids will reverse first and last initials to make a new name? Curtis Hunt. Yes.

I wish we would stop thinking of breeding as a right. Some people SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO BECOME PARENTS. The end.

Yup, and I should set the standards too. But it's not that way and you can't actually legislate against reproduction in that manner. While there are people who shouldn't reproduce (I call them business majors), there's nothing we can justly do about it.

I mean, I think it was stupid to name the kids that; but I think the reason they came up with to take the kids away was bull****.

I would take the kids away just because they called their kids that.

Honestly i think anyone who would name their kids that are simply ****ed in the head, and shouldn't be near kids at all.

I would take the kids away just because they called their kids that.

Honestly i think anyone who would name their kids that are simply ****ed in the head, and shouldn't be near kids at all.

Well, parents should be free to name their kids what they want. Even if it's stupid. Kids can always change their names later in life. It would suck, but then again so does life so I suppose we all get used to it on some level. This is a variety of thought control and I don't like it. Naming your kids something weird shouldn't be against the law. And the reason they came up with sounds to me like nothing more than bull****. I don't think the government had rightful say in this case.

Well, parents should be free to name their kids what they want. Even if it's stupid. Kids can always change their names later in life. It would suck, but then again so does life so I suppose we all get used to it on some level. This is a variety of thought control and I don't like it. Naming your kids something weird shouldn't be against the law. And the reason they came up with sounds to me like nothing more than bull****. I don't think the government had rightful say in this case.

I exaggerated a bit. If the parents can be good parents I guess. But naming your kid adolph hitler...

Perhaps the kids shouldnt be taken away, but I sure wouldn't wanna go to school named that, unless i had a fetish for ass kickings.

While I think it was nuts to name the kids like that, I don't have enough details about the case to say whether they were really justified in taking the kids. It depends on the details, like this:

1. If the parents really are whackjobs (and I wouldn't be surprised), and really have mistreated the kids in ways that rise to the level of child abuse or child neglect, fine.

2. If, on the other hand, the children have been taken simply because the appellate court doesn't like neo-nazi's, or the child's names... I have a problem with that. We don't take people's children away because we despise the parent's ideology. That way lies tyranny.

Now, my sympathies lay with the kids here, and yeah they probably would be better off away from those neo-nazi wackos... but unless there's actual abuse or neglect, that isn't my call to make, nor is it yours, nor the courts.

The foster care system itself is riddled with abusers, neglecters, and sexual predators... putting kids into that system is like taking them out of the minnow tank, because they might get nibbled, and dropping them in the shark tank... unless there was real and inarguable and serious abuse or neglect.

I mean, I know of mothers caught abusing drugs repeatedly who were allowed to keep their kids. What exactly is the standard? There isn't one, it's based largely on the decisions, good or bad, o caseworkers and judges and whatever biases they bring to the table.

Are the parents total dip****s? In my opinion, yes. But if we took every dip****'s kids away, there would be so many we couldn't house them all.

Last edited:
While I think it was nuts to name the kids like that, I don't have enough details about the case to say whether they were really justified in taking the kids. It depends on the details, like this:

1. If the parents really are whackjobs (and I wouldn't be surprised), and really have mistreated the kids in ways that rise to the level of child abuse or child neglect, fine.

2. If, on the other hand, the children have been taken simply because the appellate court doesn't like neo-nazi's, or the child's names... I have a problem with that. We don't take people's children away because we despise the parent's ideology. That way lies tyranny.

Now, my sympathies lay with the kids here, and yeah they probably would be better off away from those neo-nazi wackos... but unless there's actual abuse or neglect, that isn't my call to make, nor is it yours, nor the courts.

I agree. THere is a second article linked to the first one that states that the kids were abused/neglected, and that the petition to remove them from custody did not include their names. I'm cool with them being taken out of this home based upon that.

I don't really buy the stated reasons for why the kids were taken away. The naming controversy is at the heart of this. Being a racist, neo-nazi asshole is not a psychological illness, but freedom of speech.

There are legitimate reasons for taking children away from their families but I find they are rare. Child services has too much power in our society.

As for reproductive rights... yeah, I agree that some people should not be parents, but I can't think of any kind of legal wording that could create a reasonable law, and if I could, I wouldn't want the government controlling who can have kids.

:lol: Sorry I know its horrible but when I read the names I was about in tears. There is crazy, and then there is bat**** insane.

But yeah, I think eventually we need to come up with a test to determine if people will be good parents or not, how you would do that I dunno, but some parents I just want to smack the **** out of.

Yup, and I should set the standards too. But it's not that way and you can't actually legislate against reproduction in that manner. While there are people who shouldn't reproduce (I call them business majors), there's nothing we can justly do about it.

Say's who?

The problem with this subject matter is that people associate responsible legislation to fascism. If we are to reach this "utopian" dream world people, especially the Left, have dreamed up, it takes dealing with the offender of good morality first. And these parents are of low morality. Of course, dealing with the offenders means more than a stern talking to, so leftists are usually stuck bitching and complaining about everything instead of actually being of use.

We can justly do anything. We just have to be bold enough to do what is right without turning into Nazis. It's our negativity and low expectation of humanity that has us afraid to even try.

Last edited:
I agree. THere is a second article linked to the first one that states that the kids were abused/neglected, and that the petition to remove them from custody did not include their names. I'm cool with them being taken out of this home based upon that.

I don't know enough about this case to make a real decision, but from what I read the court is full of ****. They claim that the parents have "unspecified physical or mental disabilities." To me that means that the appeals court thinks they're crazy racists. But there is no law against crazy racists having kids. Has this three year old come to any harm do to his name? I doubt it. If that were the only reason this ruling is completely wrong.

It looks like the only evidence the court has is a note from the mother that she said was a "lie." I'm thinking she's only saying it's a lie now so she can keep her kids though.

It's our negativity and low expectation of humanity that has us afraid to even try.

My faith in humanity in general is higher than my faith in government and politicians. Most people out there are just trying to live their lives from day to day and aren't involved in politics. They generally keep to themselves and just want to do good by their families and friends.

The idea of needing a permit or license to have a kid is not a world I want to be part of. I agree that we can do pretty much anything we want to. I see no reason or ability to limit reproductive rights in a way that is fair to everyone, and I don't trust government to ever implement such measures. The only time I would favor reproductive laws is if my nation's population numbers are reaching crisis levels and a reduction is necessary in order to restore some modicum of a living standard.

Back
Top Bottom