• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parents furious over school’s plan to teach gender spectrum, fluidity

Parents furious over school

OK, gays can finally live in this country without being prosecuted and limited in their rights. We are all happy, tolerant and equal. What's the point of turning straight children into sexually unaligned and doubtful though?
It is normal for people to be either men or women. That's the way we've been created by mother nature. We tolerate abnormalities simply because there is nothing harmful about them. We do not protect serial killers from 'bigotry' because their deviation is dangerous to people and society as a whole. Why is it necessary to promote alternative sexual orientations instead of letting everyone enjoy their own?

Why is it so necessary for conservatives that we promote false, binary gender definitions? Science is what it is. The truth IS what it is and no amount of traditional dogma changes that. Have we learned nothing from the evolution debate? Your claim that mother nature "created" us as one of only two different sexes is asinine and demonstrably false except by the most shallow and ignorant ways of defining people.

I, for one, resent the hell out of it every time religious people become outraged at children being taught the truth because it contradicts their archaic and childish world view. Someone needs to grow up in this country and, ironically, it's not the children.

This topic reminds me of medical school.

The first few years the student is learning the basics of how the human body works.

After he learns that he can specialize in a certain area of medicine if he chooses.

This seems the same.

The younger grades should be for teaching the basic of sexuality and/or how the human body works.

The later grades, high school and up, should be for specializing in the more in depth subject if the student cares to.

I think more kids are going to come out of this confused more than anything else.

why is it the schools business teaching things to kids that it is clearly the parents responsibility.
Yep and it is up to the parents not the school to give their kids that education not some drummed up psycho pervert babble by the school.

o thank you.

if people are that much of a failure in morality then they probably shouldn't have kids to begin with.
however it isn't the schools job to teach their sick pervert ideas to my kids.

no parents know plenty about sexuality they don't want their kids being taught this sick perverted stuff in school.
that is not the schools job.

Puberty is sick and perverted? As seen in many of the posts on this thread and others, many adults know little about sexuality and have irrational beliefs about it.

"if people are that much of a failure in morality then they probably shouldn't have kids to begin with."

One of the points of sex ed is to teach people how to avoid an unintended pregnancy. Comprehensive sex ed is proven by numerous studies to reduce unintended pregnancies and STDs.

Seems to me we all survived quite well in school in the previous hundreds of years yet we have colleges jammed packed with idiots majoring in useless criteria's then graduating to sell vacuum cleaners or become unionized teachers that know nothing because they learned nothing.

How is that related to sex ed?

I agree, Hard Truth, that it's ironic that people who don't even know how reproduction works are as impregnable as anyone else. I would prefer that there were some intelligent design at work on Earth that would require people to obtain a certain amount of knowledge about sexuality before they could get pregnant. Nature doesn't have time to wait around for smart people to procreate, though.

I would also prefer that people gain some knowledge of the world and of the comparative philosophies in play before they are allowed to make choices for themselves and their children concerning faith. What a ridiculous concept anyway, that our faith is taught to us by our parents, when we're too young and gullible to question these toxic memes, and then they, falsely, call it "free will" that we do as our parents say. The anti-science/pro-religious paradigm that exists, largely, world wide is a stacked deck. How cruel that we beat our children over the head with religion and then use faith as an excuse to deny them exposure to empirical truths because we are too immature to handle them as adults. Really, what good can come of that?

I wish I could guarantee more of your hard truths to the faithful but they pride themselves on being intellectually isolated by faith, and I guess that once you've decided you don't care about the truth, there's many aspects of life in which you'll fall short. We are sure seeing that play out all over the planet and as superior as Americans act, we are battling the same ignorance that is pervasive in the third world except the foot soldiers of modern ignorance are soccer moms and religious busy bodies who demand the right to turn their children into equally ignorant humans. It should be a crime to make your children unwitting accomplices in your unreasoning fears and bigotries.

The younger grades should be for teaching the basic of sexuality and/or how the human body works.

The later grades, high school and up, should be for specializing in the more in depth subject if the student cares to.

No.

All the grades should be for teaching math, literacy, and other things that a child will need in order to grow up to become a functional adult. Not for teaching immoral wrong-wing sexual perversions. Not at any grade. Not ever.

This topic reminds me of medical school.

The first few years the student is learning the basics of how the human body works.

After he learns that he can specialize in a certain area of medicine if he chooses.

This seems the same.

I think more kids are going to come out of this confused more than anything else.

Confusing kids about their sexuality is the goal. It makes it easier to recruit them into homosexuality

Confusing kids about their sexuality is the goal. It makes it easier to recruit them into homosexuality

Confusion is caused by lack of information. Thinking that there is a widespread conspiracy to recruit people into homosexuality is irrational paranoia.

Alright if we strapped the two of you down long enough, do you think we could use our propaganda to be able to make you and Bob find each other sexually attractive? Could we turn the two of you gay for each other?

Confusion is caused by lack of information. Thinking that there is a widespread conspiracy to recruit people into homosexuality is irrational paranoia.
Confusion CAN be caused by a lack of information, but in this case is caused by misinformation, a favorite ploy used by the left

Alright if we strapped the two of you down long enough, do you think we could use our propaganda to be able to make you and Bob find each other sexually attractive? Could we turn the two of you gay for each other?

Whoosh

Confusion CAN be caused by a lack of information, but in this case is caused by misinformation, a favorite ploy used by the left

Specify the misinformation that you think is taught in sex ed classes. Provide evidence that the info is wrong and is actually taught in public schools.

Specify the misinformation that you think is taught in sex ed classes. Provide evidence that the info is wrong and is actually taught in public schools.
The wrong information is that info that presents a moral equivalency between heterosexuality and the now myriad anomalies like those represented by the LGBT... acronyms

Yep it's a heartbreaker. Not that long ago a 13 year old girl was still collecting American Girl dolls. Now today more parents are passing out birth control to their daughters along with their Fred Flintstone vitamins and boys are issued condoms at school. I guess lessons on self control are no longer part of health education or in parenting.

Not that long ago... it was not uncommon for a 13 or 14 year old girl to be married either and have a child. Or work in a house of prostitution. (I have male patients that recall in the 1940's going to a whorehouse when they were 15 and their being girls there as young or younger than them).

The vision of "the good old days"... is usually tempered by the fact that in the "good old days"... you were young then.. and ignorant of the world.

The wrong information is that info that presents a moral equivalency between heterosexuality and the now myriad anomalies like those represented by the LGBT... acronyms

So it isn't wrong information that is a problem for you, it is an opinion on the morality of non-heterosexual sex that you dislike. Now you just have to prove that schools are actually teaching morality rather than simply presenting facts. From everything I have seen, schools teach that homosexuals and transgender people exist without teaching a particular moral viewpoint besides "bullying is wrong."

Do you want them to teach that bullying homosexuals is acceptable?

So it isn't wrong information that is a problem for you, it is an opinion on the morality of non-heterosexual sex that you dislike. Now you just have to prove that schools are actually teaching morality rather than simply presenting facts. From everything I have seen, schools teach that homosexuals and transgender people exist without teaching a particular moral viewpoint besides "bullying is wrong."

Do you want them to teach that bullying homosexuals is acceptable?

No, it's the wrong information that's a problem

Morals are opinions, not facts. Since we have religious freedom in the USA, there are many opinions on moral questions.

Not that long ago... it was not uncommon for a 13 or 14 year old girl to be married either and have a child. Or work in a house of prostitution. (I have male patients that recall in the 1940's going to a whorehouse when they were 15 and their being girls there as young or younger than them).

The vision of "the good old days"... is usually tempered by the fact that in the "good old days"... you were young then.. and ignorant of the world.

Oh, give me a break.

Yes, there have always been underaged girls turning tricks. That's not what Vesper was talking about, and in our lifetimes, it has been extremely uncommon for a 13 or 13-year old girl to be married (except in the Appalachians perhaps). It was exceedingly rare even in Victorian times.

Vesper said that "Not that long ago a 13 year old girl was still collecting American Girl dolls." I was collecting Madame Alexander dolls.

She said, "Now today more parents are passing out birth control to their daughters along with their Fred Flintstone vitamins and boys are issued condoms at school." I didn't even know what a French kiss was until 8th grade, and when a jokester in 9th grade brought a condom he'd filled with water into a classroom, the other girls and I had no idea what was so funny because that was the ugliest balloon we'd ever seen.

My father put himself through med school by playing piano in a whorehouse on Post Office Road in Galveston. He never said anything about underaged girls. Ever heard of the infamous "Chicken Ranch"? I have and know people who frequented it. Heard a lot about hot college coeds making money on the side, but never little girls.

Come now... its that type of ignorant thinking that's the reason that we end up with schools teaching stuff like this.

Cripes.. I think its my role as a parent to teach my children about love, and sex, and morality. The school should stick to the science.

But I have to admit.. when I hear someone spouting off something so absolutely ignorant like " it makes them easier to recruit into homosexuality"... I think "gee, maybe we DO need this type of education in the schools"...

Oh, give me a break.

Yes, there have always been underaged girls turning tricks. That's not what Vesper was talking about, and in our lifetimes, it has been extremely uncommon for a 13 or 13-year old girl to be married (except in the Appalachians perhaps). It was exceedingly rare even in Victorian times.

Vesper said that "Not that long ago a 13 year old girl was still collecting American Girl dolls." I was collecting Madame Alexander dolls.

She said, "Now today more parents are passing out birth control to their daughters along with their Fred Flintstone vitamins and boys are issued condoms at school." I didn't even know what a French kiss was until 8th grade, and when a jokester in 9th grade brought a condom he'd filled with water into a classroom, the other girls and I had no idea what was so funny because that was the ugliest balloon we'd ever seen.

My father put himself through med school by playing piano in a whorehouse on Post Office Road in Galveston. He never said anything about underaged girls. Ever heard of the infamous "Chicken Ranch"? I have and know people who frequented it. Heard a lot about hot college coeds making money on the side, but never little girls.

You just proved my point. YOU didn't know what a French kiss was in 8th grade,,,, that doesn't mean that lots of other girls didn't or weren't going to admit it. The reality is that young girls have been having sex and have been sexual objects (13 and 14 year olds) for.. well as long as humans have been.. humans.

And by the way.. the "hot college coed making money on the side".. is a myth.. the same as " I am stripping to pay my way through medical school"...

Edit: I will throw in some facts regarding teens today versus 20 years ago:

Teens are waiting longer to have sex than they did in the recent past. In 2006–2008, some 11% of never-married females aged 15–19 and 14% of never-married males in that age-group had had sex before age 15, compared with 19% and 21%, respectively, in 1995 Finer LB and Philbin JM, Sexual initiation, contraceptive use, and pregnancy among young adolescents, Pediatrics, 2013

Last edited:

Jaeger, I don't think that was the norm for everyone. In the Wild West, it certainly was common until the churches and schools got built. :)

The 1940's was a decade that began on January 1, 1940 and ended on December 31, 1949.

Most of the Second World War took place in the first half of the decade, which had a profound effect on the U.S. and the rest of the world. Some women found work in factories while their men folk were drafted into the war because they sure as heck could not live on what the government allotted them. Now my Aunt with a child while her spouse was in the European Theater went to work part time at a restaurant and paying her little sister (my mother) to babysit. She didn't have a vehicle so she rode a bicycle to her employment. There wasn't much for women to do during that time. Jobs were scarce after all we were still recovering from the Great Depression. During times like a horrendous depression folks still need to eat to survive. So they resort to anything that will make a buck.. When you are in the middle of a Great Depression, a world war going on, economic ventures very limited.... and you find the only thing you have left is to sell yourself to make a buck...that's where many were in the 40's.

You just proved my point. YOU didn't know what a French kiss was in 8th grade,,,, that doesn't mean that lots of other girls didn't or weren't going to admit it. The reality is that young girls have been having sex and have been sexual objects (13 and 14 year olds) for.. well as long as humans have been.. humans.

And by the way.. the "hot college coed making money on the side".. is a myth.. the same as " I am stripping to pay my way through medical school"...

Edit: I will throw in some facts regarding teens today versus 20 years ago:

Oh, no doubt some girls knew what a French kiss was before I did. But the point here is that we were still children. Junior-high schoolers having sex was not the norm. Actually, it wasn't the norm when my daughter was in middle school either. And don't tell me what's a myth when I have known college girls who "danced" at the local "gentleman's club."

There is nothing wrong with the info. Some people do have two mommies or daddies and some people are bisexual and some people are transgendered. It is just a fact of life

There is nothing wrong with the info. Some people do have two mommies or daddies and some people are bisexual and some people are transgendered. It is just a fact of life

no no NO NO!!!!
im sticking my fingers in my ears I cant hear you, you tell lies!!!!!!!!!!
LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Morals are opinions, not facts. Since we have religious freedom in the USA, there are many opinions on moral questions.

Morals are facts, not opinions and it is not the schools' responsibility to impose those morals on our children

Back
Top Bottom