• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parents arrested after children found shackled and malnourished in California home

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is a horrific story just breaking of 13 children from the ages of 29 to 2 shackled to their beds or in paddocks, living in filth and starving. A 17 year old girl was able to escape and call the police. When the police got to her they thought she was only 10 years of age but she was 17. In fact all the children at first sight appeared to be kids but they were so emaciated the 29 year old looked like a kid.

The parents have been arrested and each have bail set at 9 million. More details to come.....

Please pray for the children.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ia-home/ar-AAuK9sI?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Last edited:
According to the Los Angeles Times seven of the thirteen were in fact adults from the ages of 18 to 29, police said. And the LA Times said the police did not tell how many were shackled to their beds.
Reporters have been interviewing neighbors. Some have talked about odd/strange things they witnessed but no one seemed to want to get involved. Pity.

David Turpin the father, who worked as an engineer at Northrop Grumman, an aeronautics and defense technology company, had a “relatively high” income and prior to being employed at Northrop he worked for Lockheed Martin till 2010.

Parents arrested after children found shackled and malnourished in Perris home - LA Times

That's just a terrible story.

That's just a terrible story.

But it gets "worser"!

An account from a local Fox station claims the Turpins were interviewed by the police at home on Sunday when they discovered the pathetic condition of their children dirty and starving living in deplorable conditions with some chained to their beds after the 17 year old got her hands on a cell phone inside the residence and escaped and called 911.

The oldest was 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were several that were 18 and older... adults! WTH?

Parents arrested after 13 malnourished siblings found in SoCal home | fox5sandiego.com

But it gets "worser"!

An account from a local Fox station claims the Turpins were interviewed by the police at home on Sunday when they discovered the pathetic condition of their children dirty and starving living in deplorable conditions with some chained to their beds after the 17 year old got her hands on a cell phone inside the residence and escaped and called 911.

The oldest was 29!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were several that were 18 and older... adults! WTH?

Parents arrested after 13 malnourished siblings found in SoCal home | fox5sandiego.com

That's just insane. I can't imagine the psychological punishment the adults must have been subjected to their entire lives.

Terrible situation for those kids, I just hope the State of California doesn't do something predictable like give the parents probation. Give them jail time.

And still it get even wierder. They were actively running a daycare facility in the home. Daddy was the "principal" No folks you can't make this **** up.

But it gets "worser"!

Sounds like a cult situation. They need to hit these parents with felony false imprisonment, among a heap of other charges. No letting them plea their way out.

And still it get even wierder. They were actively running a daycare facility in the home. Daddy was the "principal" No folks you can't make this **** up.

You want weird?

images

Who's who... and why does one look exactly like Phil Spector?

Jesus ****ing christ on a cracker. Those ...I am NOT going to call them "parents" because they are not parents by any stretch of the imagination...DNA doner's (even that is too much) should be let loose in gen pop after their convictions with the word spread widely among the inmates about what they did. And then all the guards should take an extra long lunch break....

Terrible situation for those kids, I just hope the State of California doesn't do something predictable like give the parents probation. Give them jail time.

Yeah, because if there's anything California is known for, it's not imprisoning people.

Daddy is also employed at Northrup as an engineer and prior to his employment to Northrup he worked at Lockheed Martin in the same capacity till 2010. He made really good money yet filed for bankruptcy twice and had several nice cars parked in his driveway.

As they started interviewing the neighbors just about all of them had stories of odd behavior yet none of them wanted to get involved. One account I read tonight stated he saw the kids rummaging through people's trash. Another said the only time he saw the kids is when in the middle of the night they were out there under flood lights laying sod because the HMO was getting on people who were not keeping up with their lawns.

I think with each parent under 9 million bail, that isn't going to happen.

It is very hard for me to wrap my head around such evil. For parents to treat their own children in such a way is an evil that is incomprehensible.

This is why I am FOR the death penalty. Perfect example. They should be removed from this planet permanently. No free 3 hots and a cot for them.

Another bunch of religious nutjobs. Kids should have been removed years ago. Also another reason home schooling is bad and should be banned.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Another bunch of religious nutjobs. Kids should have been removed years ago. Also another reason home schooling is bad and should be banned.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Oh, B.S. I bet that you support lesbians adopting kids. I don't. Do you support the banning of lesbians adopting kids because those lesbos from hell abused, tortured, and murdered the children under their "care" in England a few years ago?

If not, then you are a hypocrite of the first order.

Homosexuals kill kids.

WTF is wrong with people? I can never understand why someone would do things like this. Lock them up and flush the key.

Sounds like a bunch of liberal atheists.

Someone tried to insert homeschooling into this incident. Got any proof? Didn't think so, lying liberal.

Back
Top Bottom