• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Parent dressed as Easter Bunny handed out condoms at Austin elementary school, district says

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Austin Independent School District is reevaluating safety protocols after a parent dressed up as the Easter Bunny was reportedly handing out Easter eggs on the Gullett Elementary School campus.

Some of the eggs contained candy, but others contained unopened condoms, according to a letter sent to Gullett families.

The parent was asked to leave, but then moved to a public sidewalk and continued to give away eggs, the district told KXAN.

“We are working to review our safety protocols to ensure this does not happen again,” said an AISD spokesperson. “It was an incredibly careless and inappropriate action of a parent.”

snip

No matter the political point being made, doing so using children is of the worst taste.

AUSTIN (KXAN) — The Austin Independent School District is reevaluating safety protocols after a parent dressed up as the Easter Bunny was reportedly handing out Easter eggs on the Gullett Elementary School campus.

Some of the eggs contained candy, but others contained unopened condoms, according to a letter sent to Gullett families.

The parent was asked to leave, but then moved to a public sidewalk and continued to give away eggs, the district told KXAN.

“We are working to review our safety protocols to ensure this does not happen again,” said an AISD spokesperson. “It was an incredibly careless and inappropriate action of a parent.”

snip
Elementary school is a bit early IMHO. If it was a high school I'd be cheering him on.

snip
Why is this a problem? Handing out condoms to kids is a good thing isn't it? No pregnant kids, no venereal diseases, no abortions, no ruined lifes..

I don't understand the problem.

Why is this a problem? Handing out condoms to kids is a good thing isn't it? No pregnant kids, no venereal diseases, no abortions, no ruined lifes..

Choking hazard? After all, elementary school kids are apt to assume their Easter eggs contain candy.

Would love to hear the argument using the “Virgin” Mary as their example.

How old are they in elementary school?(If they are below 12, I am sure they can have a lot of fun with these condoms, throwing them at eachother filling them with water ,put them into the nose and out through the mouth, make a slingshot.... Only fantasy sets limits.)

But I agree, it is a bit strange for a parent to hand them out if the childrens are below 12.

Elementary school is a bit early IMHO. If it was a high school I'd be cheering him on.

Kids probably start getting curious about sex way before they actually engage in it. The time to teach them about responsible sex is before they do it, not after they've gotten their teenage classmate pregnant.

Kids probably start getting curious about sex way before they actually engage in it. The time to teach them about responsible sex is before they do it, not after they've gotten their teenage classmate pregnant.
Jeah, you are right, but maybe it is the school that should be doing the education and maybe there are other ways than handing out condoms (Not that I think it will hurt in any way, just... a bit strange for parents to do such a thing and embarrassing for their kid)

Jeah, you are right, but maybe it is the school that should be doing the education and maybe there are other ways than handing out condoms (Not that I think it will hurt in any way, just... a bit strange for parents to do such a thing and embarrassing for their kid)

I think that's the rub - schools won't go there. Parents are worried about kids getting exposed to sex, gay sex, trans issues, and so forth.

snip
Calls into question this person's thinking and judgement.

Back
Top Bottom