• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"Parade of Dishonesty" GOP Convention Night 1 Fact Check

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

So basically a bunch of people get up and lie about the GOP to make it seem more human ...

So basically a bunch of people get up and lie about the GOP to make it seem more human ...

Why is it that we've seen more lies in the form of fact checks now, than in the last forty years?

Why is it that we've seen more lies in the form of fact checks now, than in the last forty years?

The opposite is true, many times conservatives don't like facts because they don't fit their narrative and therefore prefer to pretend they are lies.

The opposite is true, many times conservatives don't like facts because they don't fit their narrative and therefore prefer to pretend they are lies.

That's an interesting notion. But unfortunately, I've seen more than enough "fact checks" done on opinions and jokes. To know that the people usually running this thing aren't exactly on the up and up themselves.

Most people be it left, right, or even center. Don't really care for this shtick anymore.

That's an interesting notion. But unfortunately, I've seen more than enough "fact checks" done on opinions and jokes. To know that the people usually running this thing aren't exactly on the up and up themselves.

I know its uncomfortable for you

Most people be it left, right, or even center. Don't really care for this shtick anymore.

If it wasn't effective or true, then the news agencies would be doing whatever the market research shows is needed for ratings, but they are doing this.

I know its uncomfortable for you
If it wasn't effective or true, then the news agencies would be doing whatever the market research shows is needed for ratings, but they are doing this.

The Trump bump has proven very effective. So we've seen everyone chase a complete lie, just for the clicks. Be they anyone from a low level, single page blog. To a multi-billion dollar job like someone in the mainstream media.

And do TV ratings translate to votes in the age of youtube?

Possibly given the data, though the younger generation are much harder to mobilize for that.

I was merely speaking about the act of media throwing out one story after the other about Trump. Be it true, or false. Just so they could capitalize on the ruckus that it generated.

Why do you think Maddow spent three years pushing a flawed and ultimately debunked collusion scandal?

Possibly given the data, though the younger generation are much harder to mobilize for that.

I was merely speaking about the act of media throwing out one story after the other about Trump. Be it true, or false. Just so they could capitalize on the ruckus that it generated.

Trump bumbles through society, trashing it, so of course people will talk about him.

Why do you think Maddow spent three years pushing a flawed and ultimately debunked collusion scandal?

I don't watch Maddow so I don't know or care what she is up to.

Why would anyone expect a Trump era Republican to tell the truth?

You'd have to be a total moron.

The 3 percenters are now trying to speak for the rest of us.

Just the other day absolutely no one was saying “You know who I really hate? FACT checkers. Ruining the country.”

Wow, took them less than 2 minutes to crutch on the Feb. unemployment numbers being blown away by the pandemic (even though Democrats apparently want MORE lockdowns, and therefore more unemployment).

Why would anyone expect a Trump era Republican to tell the truth?

You'd have to be a total moron.

And why would anyone expect you to tell the truth?

I mean they'd have to be a moron as well, right?

If you want to play by the rules CaughtuInThe, we can play by them and be stuck here all day.

Back
Top Bottom