• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paper straw demand up 5,000 percent since plastic ban

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.foxbusiness.com/feature...ales-for-this-paper-straw-maker-have-exploded

2018 was, without a doubt, the year plastic straws died.

The war picked up steam starting in 2015 after a YouTube video surfaced of a plastic straw being removed from the nostril of a sea turtle. Ever since then, big companies such as McDonald’s, Starbucks, Goldman Sachs Group and even the city of Seattle have all taken measures to slowly outlaw them – or ban them completely.
What’s more, all of them have turned to one company – Aardvark, the first original paper straw maker in America – to discuss using paper straws instead.

I'm okay with using paper straws. I just hate when they wrap the paper sleeve too tight, and I can't blow the sleeve off at my friends. :2razz:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/feature...ales-for-this-paper-straw-maker-have-exploded

I'm okay with using paper straws. I just hate when they wrap the paper sleeve too tight, and I can't blow the sleeve off at my friends. :2razz:

I prefer the reusable stainless steel straw but regardless, they all give you smoker lines.

images

I've run into this B.S a few too many times now. You order a drink in your favorite place,
a drink that should come with a straw, and you have to ask for one. What a load of crap.
And you know what? They bring a paper straw! So what exactly are these greenie weenie
politically correct a**holes trying to prove?

This reminds me of the funny picture from a while back.
dDW1r7q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom