• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Paper: Israel Plans Nuclear Strike On Iran

Cold Dirt

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Israel has drawn up secret plans to destroy Iran's uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons, the SUNDAY TIMES of London is planning to report, British media sources tell DRUDGE... MORE...

PAPER: ISRAEL PLANS NUCLEAR STRIKE ON IRAN

I think this next few weeks might get a little scary over in the ME........

Last edited by a moderator:
Israel has drawn up secret plans to destroy Iran's uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons, the SUNDAY TIMES of London is planning to report, British media sources tell DRUDGE... MORE...

DRUDGE REPORT 2007®

Not really surprised. Having plans to do something is not the same as actually doing it though.

The U.S. military has tons of scenarios and plans for different types of wars and how to fight them. I'm sure we have some plans on when to use tactical nukes on some enemy ourselves. I'd be MORE surprised to hear that Israel doesn't have a plan.

This is really a non-issue.

DRUDGE REPORT 2007®

Every country has contingency plans. There's nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yes, if Iran are being serious when they say they want to "wipe Irsael off the map", it seems Israel will have to go nuclear to stop them . . . what with the US stuck in Iraq with lack of public support for another war, and UK military being a spent force . . .

However, I think Iran would bottle it if push came to shove.

Yes we have plans waiting for any situation....yet....they are not reported on.......Iran could see this as a act of war and actually try to strike first......

The report said mini-nukes?
Where's the fun in that?......:mrgreen:

Hell if you’re going to use nukes why not just use the bigger variety? Its not like Iran would be missed or anything and surely they’ve had it coming to them for a long time.
But at the days end Iran will puss out and back down.

Hell if you’re going to use nukes why not just use the bigger variety? Its not like Iran would be missed or anything and surely they’ve had it coming to them for a long time.

I really hope Iran does make the mistake of trying to start a war with Israel.....instead of exporting oil there might be a market for glass in 50 years or so.......

I really hope Iran does make the mistake of trying to start a war with Israel.....instead of exporting oil there might be a market for glass in 50 years or so.......
:rofl

But only if they have clean sand...:lamo

:(

DRUDGE REPORT 2007®

There goes the neighborhood:(

Everyone with nukes has plans in which they are used. There is not point in having them if you don't think about how to use them. Israel certainly proved that it doesn't mess around when it took out Iraqs reactor. I doubt they will use tactical nukes however, as they could accomplish the same mission using conventional weapons at a far lower cost.

Iran will not give up a fuel cycle. It is the US and Israel that will have to come to terms with Iran continuing the nuclear program that the US started way back when. Isn't it ironic that the country that helped start the program is now the one that is _trying_ to stop it?

All the US and Israeli policies have done is made Iran leave the IAEA. Nice one smart guys!

Iran will not give up a fuel cycle. It is the US and Israel that will have to come to terms with Iran continuing the nuclear program that the US started way back when. Isn't it ironic that the country that helped start the program is now the one that is _trying_ to stop it?

All the US and Israeli policies have done is made Iran leave the IAEA. Nice one smart guys!

Iranian oil reserves are the fourth largest in the world.
Tell me again why they need nuclear energy............

The only thing Iran wants is nuclear weapons.
Iran got its plans and "Know How" from A.Q. Kahn of Pakistan.
He also sold his knowledge to N. Korea.

Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan (Urdu: عبدالقدیر خان )(b. 1935) is a Pakistani Scientist and Metallurgical Engineer widely regarded as the founder of Pakistan's nuclear programme. (His middle name is also, occasionally, rendered as Quadeer, Qadir or Gadeer and his given names are often abbreviated to A.Q.). In January 2004, he confessed to having been involved in a clandestine international network of nuclear weapons technology proliferation from Pakistan to Libya, Iran and North Korea. On February 5, 2004, the President of Pakistan, General Pervez Musharraf, announced that he had pardoned Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan. Despite this political scandal he is still regarded as the Hero of the Nation by virtually all Pakistanis.
In a August 23, 2005 interview with Kyodo News General Pervez Musharraf confirmed that Dr. A.Q. Khan had supplied gas centrifuges and gas centrifuge parts to North Korea and, possibly, an amount of uranium hexafluoride gas.[1]
Abdul Qadeer Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Heyi'm looking for Iran to take out Paris.... But then....WHO WOULD MOURN THE LOSS OF PARIS???? ROFL

Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan (Urdu: عبدالقدیر خان )(b. 1935) is a Pakistani Scientist and Metallurgical Engineer widely regarded as the founder of Pakistan's nuclear programme. (His middle name is also, occasionally, rendered as Quadeer, Qadir or Gadeer and his given names are often abbreviated to A.Q.). In January 2004, he confessed to having been involved in a clandestine international network of nuclear weapons technology proliferation from Pakistan to Libya, Iran and North Korea. On February 5, 2004, the President of Pakistan, General Pervez Musharraf, announced that he had pardoned Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan. Despite this political scandal he is still regarded as the Hero of the Nation by virtually all Pakistanis.
In a August 23, 2005 interview with Kyodo News General Pervez Musharraf confirmed that Dr. A.Q. Khan had supplied gas centrifuges and gas centrifuge parts to North Korea and, possibly, an amount of uranium hexafluoride gas.[1]

Here is the INTRIGUING thing about A Q KHAN people... NOTICE when he was taking the material in '74....Is it POSSIBLE somebody inside the CIA COVERT OPS DIVISION was his source for that material and that was why they were all fired in Cartyer's presidency??? or was Carter a PART of Khan network.... what are your views on Carter's connection to Khan... did they EVER meet is another intriguing thought... so FIRE AWAY boys and girls...

You know, I don't like the idea of Iran having the bomb either but this question galls me and I will answer it simply. Who the **** do you think you are? Iran is a soverign nation and they don't need your ****ing permission to develop nuclear technology. You don't want them to have it then do something to try and convince them otherwise. Our president refuses to so much as talk to them. If I were running that country I would tell the USA to **** off too. This arrogant holier than thou attitude that we can tell the rest of the world what they can and cannot do is not going to work.

Iran will not give up a fuel cycle.

Iran doesn't want fuel they want the bomb they are one of the largest natural gas producers in the world, what they want is to nuke Israel their President has said it many times they are an evil Islamic Fascist regime and can not be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon.

It is the US and Israel that will have to come to terms with Iran continuing the nuclear program that the US started way back when. Isn't it ironic that the country that helped start the program is now the one that is _trying_ to stop it?

Ya well under their former leader they weren't threatening to wipe their neighbors off the map infact Iran and Israel had very good relations prior to the Islamic Fascist revolution.

Yes we have plans waiting for any situation....yet....they are not reported on.......Iran could see this as a act of war and actually try to strike first......

This is an excellent point. Because they don't currently have nuclear weapons their 'strike' would be of a different nature, but since it seems that certain countries in the ME are just itching for a reason to attack Israel, this could give them a reason.

Anyone advocating the use of nuclear weapons seriously needs their head examined.

Lets see what happens if someone uses a nuke, not the "home made" kind, but the ones the US, Israel, France, Russia, UK and China have...

1. There are many killed at and around ground zero. Now depending if its an isolated area or a main city, the dead can vary from a few to the hundreds of thousands, even millions if you hit say Tehran.

2. Those that are unlucky to survive the strike have a good chance of dieing of radiation poisioning, burns or other things over the next few weeks and months. So add a few more hundred thousand dead.

3. The fall out of just one strike can effect a huge area, depending on where the winds blow. Now if we talking about Iran, then the fallout could easily go west, over US troops in Iraq, or east over US troops in Afganistan. Not to mention the little argricultural land in the region could easily be unusuable for quite a bit. And because winds are global not regional, the fall out can easily get to Europe, parts of Africa and even the US it self, causing the same issues on food and water supplies.

4. The economic effect of nuking Iran or any nation is huge. First there are the hundred to millions of refugees fleeing the fall out. Housing, feeding and providing basic health needs will make Darfur look like a picninc. On top of that, the oil flowing to those gas guzzlers in the US, will trickle for a while and the price will go up quite a bit. Cutting off the gulf's oil supply because of radiation issues aint exactly good for the world market. Because of this stockmarkets will tumble, and the wealth of the world will tumble too.

Now to those "lets nuke em" crowd... still think its a good idea?

SAME DAMN REASONS THEY NEEDED IT WHEN THE US SEEDED THE PROGRAM 50 YEARS AGO!

Did the oil just show up recently? The only thing that has changed since then was before it was a US blessed dictator and now it is a US government (not people) hating democracy under Islamic based law.

Not every country is so oil-corporation driven that they would allow lobbyist to coax the government to limiting their energy system to one source.

I do not like the Iranian regime. I do not want nuclear weapons. I do like nuclear power. I don't like the wasting of fossil resources. I didn't make the system, but I have to live in it.

I know the US likes to think of nuclear policy on a per-country basis; blessing it from some and denying to others. I wish we could make real moves towards lessing nuclear weapons dangers - but the US isn't going in that direction.

I don't like it, but the physics behind a trigger based fission bomb are pretty simple. The US wants to try to only let people into the club that it likes. Well whoever designed the atom made it so anyone can access it regardless of what the US wants.

You can say all they want is the bomb; they can say they don't. It doesn't matter what anyone says - the truth is you can't stop them from getting it other than through international law. And the US has weakened all international bodies that govern it. So here we are.

Iran doesn't want fuel they want the bomb they are one of the largest natural gas producers in the world, what they want is to nuke Israel their President has said it many times they are an evil Islamic Fascist regime and can not be allowed to possess a nuclear weapon.

Again, if they don't need nuclear power, why did the US seed the program in the first place?

Ya well under their former leader they weren't threatening to wipe their neighbors off the map infact Iran and Israel had very good relations prior to the Islamic Fascist revolution.

Well maybe we shouldn't have created the situation to spark the revolution then eh? Who could have thought that people might rebel against a dictator that had US support? How dare they!

Here is the INTRIGUING thing about A Q KHAN people... NOTICE when he was taking the material in '74....Is it POSSIBLE somebody inside the CIA COVERT OPS DIVISION was his source for that material and that was why they were all fired in Cartyer's presidency??? or was Carter a PART of Khan network.... what are your views on Carter's connection to Khan... did they EVER meet is another intriguing thought... so FIRE AWAY boys and girls...

I don’t see any connection between Carter and Kahan nor the CIA.
I wouldn’t believe it unless I had some proof.

Anyone advocating the use of nuclear weapons seriously needs their head examined.
Does this include Armadinejad?

Lets see what happens if someone uses a nuke, not the "home made" kind, but the ones the US, Israel, France, Russia, UK and China have...

1. There are many killed at and around ground zero. Now depending if its an isolated area or a main city, the dead can vary from a few to the hundreds of thousands, even millions if you hit say Tehran.
Did you read the article? Bunker-buster low-yield nuclear weapons were developed for exactly such a scenario. The result is similiar to a low-yield underground nuclear test. Extremely minimal radiation leakage.

2. Those that are unlucky to survive the strike have a good chance of dieing of radiation poisioning, burns or other things over the next few weeks and months. So add a few more hundred thousand dead.
You are confusing strategic high-yield nuclear-tipped ICBMs with tactical low-yield nuclear weapons designed to detonate underground. These weapons have internal safeguards (atmospheric density, magnetic density, mass density, sea-level orientation etc.) that prevent them from detonating prematurely above ground. In other words, certain pre-defined criteria have to be satisfied before the weapon becomes fully activated.

3. The fall out of just one strike can effect a huge area, depending on where the winds blow. Now if we talking about Iran, then the fallout could easily go west, over US troops in Iraq, or east over US troops in Afganistan. Not to mention the little argricultural land in the region could easily be unusuable for quite a bit. And because winds are global not regional, the fall out can easily get to Europe, parts of Africa and even the US it self, causing the same issues on food and water supplies.
Read reply #2.

4. The economic effect of nuking Iran or any nation is huge. First there are the hundred to millions of refugees fleeing the fall out. Housing, feeding and providing basic health needs will make Darfur look like a picninc. On top of that, the oil flowing to those gas guzzlers in the US, will trickle for a while and the price will go up quite a bit. Cutting off the gulf's oil supply because of radiation issues aint exactly good for the world market. Because of this stockmarkets will tumble, and the wealth of the world will tumble too.
Per radiation and refugees etc, refer to reply #2. There is no doubt in my mind however, that an oil disruption would occur with scope and duration being unknown variables. There would certainly be a global economic ripple effect.

Nuclear weapons are never a good idea. The problem is... each passing day exponentially transforms a terrible choice into the only choice that remains.

You know, I don't like the idea of Iran having the bomb either but this question galls me and I will answer it simply. Who the **** do you think you are? Iran is a soverign nation and they don't need your ****ing permission to develop nuclear technology.

I think it’s a world that doesn’t want to see a terrorist supporting government with nuclear weapons. The same government that openly calls for the destruction of an entire country and its people. It’s not just the US, no one in the Middle East wants Iran to have nuclear weapons. They understand the dangers that it would only be a matter of time before Iran gave a weapon to one of its terrorists groups. They understand a nuclear Iran will destabilize the entire region.

You don't want them to have it then do something to try and convince them otherwise. Our president refuses to so much as talk to them. If I were running that country I would tell the USA to **** off too. This arrogant holier than thou attitude that we can tell the rest of the world what they can and cannot do is not going to work.

The world has tried, we have provided other options but Iran doesn’t want them.
They want weapons.
Well if I was the president I wouldn’t talk to Iran either. How many attacks has the US suffered by Iran’s terrorists groups? Find the answer to that and get back to me.

Does this include Armadinejad?
Since he does not advocate the use of nuclear weapons, obviously it does not.

Nuclear weapons are never a good idea. The problem is... each passing day exponentially transforms a terrible choice into the only choice that remains.
Tashah felt addressed here herself with "lets nuke em" crowd, I just wanted to point this out.

SAME DAMN REASONS THEY NEEDED IT WHEN THE US SEEDED THE PROGRAM 50 YEARS AGO!
Did the oil just show up recently? The only thing that has changed since then was before it was a US blessed dictator and now it is a US government (not people) hating democracy under Islamic based law.
Not every country is so oil-corporation driven that they would allow lobbyist to coax the government to limiting their energy system to one source.
I do not like the Iranian regime. I do not want nuclear weapons. I do like nuclear power. I don't like the wasting of fossil resources. I didn't make the system, but I have to live in it.

I know the US likes to think of nuclear policy on a per-country basis; blessing it from some and denying to others. I wish we could make real moves towards lessing nuclear weapons dangers - but the US isn't going in that direction.

I don't like it, but the physics behind a trigger based fission bomb are pretty simple. The US wants to try to only let people into the club that it likes. Well whoever designed the atom made it so anyone can access it regardless of what the US wants.

You can say all they want is the bomb; they can say they don't. It doesn't matter what anyone says - the truth is you can't stop them from getting it other than through international law. And the US has weakened all international bodies that govern it. So here we are.

Their nuclear program is ONLY about building weapons! It has nothing to do with energy. You need to remember its not just the US who doesn’t want to see a nuclear Iran it’s the entire region! They understand the consciences of having a nuclear Iran.
You keep blaming the US for their nuclear program, why when you know it’s not the truth? Do you dismiss it was Khan that sold them the material and knowledge?

Back
Top Bottom