• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Papadopoulos Must Go Directly to Prison, No Delay

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Papadopoulos Must Go Directly to Prison, No Delay, Mueller Tells Judge

A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser who pleaded guilty to lying to federal agents in the special counsel’s Russia investigation should not be allowed to delay the start of his 14-day prison term, prosecutors said in a court filing Wednesday.

The special counsel’s prosecution team was responding to a request from the convicted ex-adviser, George Papadopoulos, who has mounted various attacks on the charges against him after taking a plea deal. Saying Papadopoulos’s move was “made for the purposes of delay,” the special counsel prosecutors argued the former Trump adviser’s window to appeal closed in late September.​

Mueller also put out a new legal filing that basically said Papadopolous' trash talking on twitter about how he is considering trying to withdrawal his plea... yeah... doesn't help him here.

"Following the defendant's sentencing he mad a variety of public statements that appear to be inconsistent with this stated acceptance of responsibility at sentencing"​

Enjoy Turkey Day Papadopolous. Nov 26th is really close.

giphy.gif

:lol:

I have wondered a lot over the last couple of days if Mueller is not releasing his findings because of the holiday. :shrug:

I have wondered a lot over the last couple of days if Mueller is not releasing his findings because of the holiday. :shrug:

Yeah I think it's unfair. Like they'd let a crack dealer "report" to jail on a predetermined date. It's very Tron Carteresque.

Yah there are a lot of sealed indictments that are waiting to drop.

I get the feeling that when it starts to rain it's going to pour...

Exactly. I know that the law is no respect of holidays, :lol:, but Mueller is a human. I think he might be waiting. Don't think he will wait 'til Christmas, but I do believe he will at least wait until after Thanksgiving.

Exactly.

Exactly. I know that the law is no respect of holidays, :lol:, but Mueller is a human. I think he might be waiting. Don't think he will wait 'til Christmas, but I do believe he will at least wait until after Thanksgiving.

Mueller should give the American people a Christmas present and present all his indictments and his report nailing this scumbag traitor Trump to the damn wall.

A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser who pleaded guilty to lying to federal agents in the special counsel’s Russia investigation should not be allowed to delay the start of his 14-day prison term, prosecutors said in a court filing Wednesday.

The special counsel’s prosecution team was responding to a request from the convicted ex-adviser, George Papadopoulos, who has mounted various attacks on the charges against him after taking a plea deal. Saying Papadopoulos’s move was “made for the purposes of delay,” the special counsel prosecutors argued the former Trump adviser’s window to appeal closed in late September.​

Mueller also put out a new legal filing that basically said Papadopolous' trash talking on twitter about how he is considering trying to withdrawal his plea... yeah... doesn't help him here.

"Following the defendant's sentencing he mad a variety of public statements that appear to be inconsistent with this stated acceptance of responsibility at sentencing"​

giphy.gif

Good news. Merry Thanksgiving!

Mueller should give the American people a Christmas present and present all his indictments and his report nailing this scumbag traitor Trump to the damn wall.

That'd be a lovely Christmas gift. :lol:

Yeah I think it's unfair. Like they'd let a crack dealer "report" to jail on a predetermined date. It's very Tron Carteresque.

Delayed sentencing is not uncommon. It gives people a chance to get things in order before serving their sentence. Its not a big deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He might wait until January..

Delayed sentencing is not uncommon. It gives people a chance to get things in order before serving their sentence. Its not a big deal.

Not everyone is being sentenced yet, though. Many have yet to be indicted. Indictments will be dropping, and soon, I hope. Sentencing can come later. I'm cool with that, knowing that a handful of miscreants and traitors to this country have anvils hanging over their heads.

Not everyone is being sentenced yet, though. Many have yet to be indicted. Indictments will be dropping, and soon, I hope. Sentencing can come later. I'm cool with that, knowing that a handful of miscreants and traitors to this country have anvils hanging over their heads.
I was only speaking about popadoplous (sp?) Situation. Delayed sentencing is typicpal.

I was only speaking about popadoplous (sp?) Situation. Delayed sentencing is typicpal.

Yes. as Tron Carter Law and Order showed us.

It's bad PR to indict anyone on a holiday, so it's rarely done.

Whatever happens, it's likely to happen after the new year.

It's almost a given that Roger Stone will be indicted.

Mueller seems to have the evidence that he was helping Wikileaks coordinate the release of the hacked emails of the DNC.

It's almost a given that Roger Stone will be indicted.

Mueller seems to have the evidence that he was helping Wikileaks coordinate the release of the hacked emails of the DNC.

Yip and Don Jr will follow right behind him...

A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser who pleaded guilty to lying to federal agents in the special counsel’s Russia investigation should not be allowed to delay the start of his 14-day prison term, prosecutors said in a court filing Wednesday.​

14 days? Like he did something serious. :lamo

Hmmm? Let's see? Appears to be making statements "inconsistent with this stated acceptance of responsibility"? There you have it then, Mueller should not be opposed to a withdrawal of his plea to 14 (iLOL) days.

From this end it appears that Mueller doesn't think he could get a better sentence than the petty 14 days Papadopolous received.​

giphy.gif

Pretty boy like him will be picking up the soap a LOT in the showers. Lets hope he doesn't get solitary confinement to protect that mighty appealling tush.

14 days? Like he did something serious. :lamo

Hmmm? Let's see? Appears to be making statements "inconsistent with this stated acceptance of responsibility"? There you have it then, Mueller should not be opposed to a withdrawal of his plea to 14 (iLOL) days.

From this end it appears that Mueller doesn't think he could get a better sentence than the petty 14 days Papadopolous received.

14 days is the plea deal he made. If he didn't plead guilty he would have probably got a LOT more. The 20 or so other crooks in trump's clown circus are also making deals with Mueller to escape lengthy prison sentences.

Just watch Ivanka make a deal to spare her princess butt out of jail.

Back
Top Bottom