• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Panthers’ Spanish-language broadcaster walks away from job over his support of Trump

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Access Denied

i don't understand it
and not just because i am not a spanish speaker

seems this fellow who has been one-half of the spanish speaking broadcaster team for the carolina panthers organization decided to walk away - after ten years

not because he didn't like the gig. but because the panthers objected to his pro-tRump social media comments and that he held himself, outside of his panthers broadcasting efforts, to personally be an ardent tRump supporter

the fellow's political views were deemed too pro-tRump and too 'vocal' by the panthers
rather than tame his social media persona to no longer reflect his tRump advocacy, the guy walked away from the gig

while i do not agree with his politics, i admire his willingness to place his personal independence above that of the organization he worked for

Why didn’t Luis Moreno Jr. return to the booth to start his second decade on the job? How is it that one half of the Spanish-language broadcast duo that sang and danced (and screamed) its way into the hearts of thousands of Panthers fans during the run to the 2015 Super Bowl is still there, but the other is not?
Moreno Jr. says the answer is simple: He’s been openly supportive of President Trump, and the Panthers didn’t approve.

Access Denied

i don't understand it
and not just because i am not a spanish speaker

seems this fellow who has been one-half of the spanish speaking broadcaster team for the carolina panthers organization decided to walk away - after ten years

not because he didn't like the gig. but because the panthers objected to his pro-tRump social media comments and that he held himself, outside of his panthers broadcasting efforts, to personally be an ardent tRump supporter

the fellow's political views were deemed too pro-tRump and too 'vocal' by the panthers
rather than tame his social media persona to no longer reflect his tRump advocacy, the guy walked away from the gig

while i do not agree with his politics, i admire his willingness to place his personal independence above that of the organization he worked for

So players taking a knee is bad. Sports talking head praising trump during panthers games good? Oh those dang athletes bringing their politics into sports should be ashamed.

Freedom isn't free and he was likely to suffer from the "cancel culture" had he elected to stay. I'm not sure that this was media bias, but is clearly an example of an employer wanting to have too much control over their employees' personal lives.

Good riddance.

Let's see if Trump pays your freight.

Kudos to Mr. Moreno for his integrity.

Most people (including me) would do anything to keep their job.

If my boss told me to support Mr. Biden and to "donate" a month's salary to BLM and to kneel every morning before starting my job and to wear a BLM pin on my lapel, I would answer, "Yes, ma'am. I apologize for supporting that bad man in the Executive Mansion, and I promise to do anything you want. I will never watch FOX again, and I promise to watch only CNN and MSNBC."

Last edited:
Kudos to Mr. Moreno for his integrity.

Most people (including me) would do anything to keep their job.

If my boss told me to support Mr. Biden and to "donate" a month's salary to BLM and to kneel every morning before starting my job and to wear a BLM pin on my lapel, I would answer, "Yes, ma'am. I apologize for supporting that bad man in the Executive Mansion, and I promise to do anything you want. I will never watch FOX again, and I promise to watch only CNN and MSNBC."

You know as crazy as that sounds, that's exactly what Louis DeJoy is being investigated for in N. Carolina. He encouraged his high level management team to donate to the GOP and then paid them back in bonuses, etc.

I would never bend to my employer for asking me to be a certain political way. I would tell them to KMA and walk away in a heartbeat.

Another Trump appointee on the hook for multiple felonies if proven.

Back
Top Bottom