• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Panic Is Setting In Among Democrats, Desperate Pleas to Biden Begin

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Something is definitely cooking within Democrat circles right now. The huge success of the RNC and the rioting in Kenosha has brought about a sudden flip of confidence on the left. A week ago, they were certain they were cruising to victory. Now, panic is setting in and it’s not pretty.

Last night, we saw mobs in D.C. harass and assault bystanders as the Republicans made the case that the chaos is the sole property of the left. Given the political views of both sides, that was an easy case to make. And after spending months stoking the flames of riots and excusing the outcomes, Democrats and their media allies are starting to see that a change of tack is needed.

That’s how you get desperate pleas like this.

This Is How Biden Loses
Nothing will harm a campaign like the wishful thinking, fearful hesitation, or sheer complacency that fails to address what voters can plainly see.

6:15 AM ET

George Packer
Staff writer for The Atlantic

Here is a prediction about the November election: If Donald Trump wins, in a trustworthy vote, what’s happening this week in Kenosha, Wisconsin, will be one reason. Maybe the reason. And yet Joe Biden has it in his power to spare the country a second Trump term.

Events are unfolding with the inevitable logic of a nightmare. A white police officer shoots a Black man as he’s leaning into a car with his three sons inside—shoots him point-blank in the back, seven times, “as if he didn’t matter,” the victim’s father later says. If George Floyd was crushed to death by depraved indifference, Jacob Blake is the object of an attempted execution. Somehow, he survives—but his body is shattered, paralyzed from the waist down, maybe for life. Kenosha explodes in rage, the same rage that’s been igniting around the country all summer long, fading in Minneapolis only to flare up in Portland. In Kenosha, as elsewhere, what starts in peaceful protest soon leads to violence: cars burned, shops smashed, local businesses destroyed. Police and rioters incite one another to escalate; armed vigilantes take matters into their own hands; and a teenager from out of state kills two local men with an AR-15-style rifle. The authorities are overwhelmed and ineffectual, offering little in the way of information or protection. Within a couple of days, much of the small city is a ruined landscape.

The victim’s family demands justice. His mother, Julia Jackson, calls for something else, too. Two days after the shooting, with her son fighting for his life, she begins her public remarks softly, almost inaudibly, but her own words seem to give her growing strength, and finally a profound resonance. She says that her son would not be happy with the damage to his community. “As I have prayed for my son’s healing, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, I also have been praying, even before this, for the healing of our country,” Jackson says, and she goes on: “We are the United States. Have we been united? Do you understand what’s going to happen when we fall? Because a house that is against each other cannot stand. To all of the police officers, I’m praying for you and your families. To all of the citizens, my Black and brown sisters and brothers, I’m praying for you. I believe that you are an intelligent being just like the rest of us. Everybody, let’s use our hearts, our love, and our intelligence to work together to show the rest of the world how humans are supposed to treat each other. America is great when we behave greatly.”

This Is How Biden Loses - The Atlantic

MORE BY THIS WRITER

Failure Is a Contagion
GEORGE PACKER

Shouting Into the Institutional Void
GEORGE PACKER
Illustration: American flag at half-mast on an IV stand
We Are Living in a Failed State

Analysis from Mars.

Wow it only took a few weeks of changing the narrative for dems to fall. Joe makes the perfect fall guy though.

A few days of peaceful demonstration which the left is fully capable of and your entire argument goes out the window....poof!!!!

Back
Top Bottom