• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palm Sunday

God isn't so much concerned with quantity. Even if only one person accepted His invitation, His son would have still sacrificed his life for that one.

The Bible makes it clear that God is a God of justice. Justice demands allowing a choice. Sometimes, some atheists remind me of bratty children. They demand that their daddy allows them to do something and when he does they then complain that he allowed them to get hurt when they did it. How's that saying go? "You want your cake and want to eat it too."

The reason things will only get worse is because of man's choices.

Yea, that there is proof that men can do evil things. Maybe God shouldn't have created mankind and then evil men would not exist. But then neither would the very good men that are trying their best to save the people of Ukraine. Would you prefer the existence of no one in order to avoid the evil ones?

I regret I am only allowed to Like this once.

God isn't so much concerned with quantity. Even if only one person accepted His invitation, His son would have still sacrificed his life for that one.

The Bible makes it clear that God is a God of justice. Justice demands allowing a choice. Sometimes, some atheists remind me of bratty children. They demand that their daddy allows them to do something and when he does they then complain that he allowed them to get hurt when they did it. How's that saying go? "You want your cake and want to eat it too."

The reason things will only get worse is because of man's choices.

Yea, that there is proof that men can do evil things. Maybe God shouldn't have created mankind and then evil men would not exist. But then neither would the very good men that are trying their best to save the people of Ukraine. Would you prefer the existence of no one in order to avoid the evil ones?

People make choices and take action from good to bad, often citing God, though if there is a god has nothing to do with the choices made by humans. That's obvious.

An imaginary condition that will never be is not a realistic choice to consider preference a logical option. I prefer not to deal in hypotheticals, especially the ethereal.

Last edited:
I never said it did that. So yes, you are the one lying.

Now you deceive further. Just as you now reply without any proof of the lie you falsely accuse me of, you now imply that I said you stated something you didn't, which you've no proof of either. Quote what I said that supports this last post of yours, this further distraction from the lack of substance supporting the lie you falsely accuse me of. You refuse to quote what I said in either case that supports your falsehood against me. Quote me.

People make choices and take action from good to bad, often citing God, though if there is a god has nothing to do with the choices made by humans. That's obvious.

An imaginary condition that will never be is not a realistic choice to consider preference a logical option. I prefer not to deal in hypotheticals, especially the ethereal.
Science is based upon the pursuit of hypotheticals. Are you sure you'd prefer not to deal with them?

Science is based upon the pursuit of hypotheticals. Are you sure you'd prefer not to deal with them?

Science is not based on that at all. It is based on observation, gathering data, and continually testing and verifying to come to explanations of how things work. Science is a tool used to study physical reality, not to come up with hypotheticals. A scientific hypothesis is not to be confused with the general meaning of hypothetical, and a hypothesis is only the first step in developing a scientific theory.

Science is not based on that at all. It is based on observation, gathering data, and continually testing and verifying to come to explanations of how things work. Science is a tool used to study physical reality, not to come up with hypotheticals. A scientific hypothesis is not to be confused with the general meaning of hypothetical, and a hypothesis is only the first step in developing a scientific theory.
Really? Doesn't science start with the questions in search of the answers or is it the other way around?

Really? Doesn't science start with the questions in search of the answers or is it the other way around?

No, science starts with observation of physical reality. Then it attempts to explain that which is observed. Any questions raised are based on what is first observed.

No, science starts with observation of physical reality. Then it attempts to explain that which is observed. Any questions raised are based on what is first observed.
Since when was the origin of the Universe observed?

No, you don't have hypotheticals. You have a scientific hypothesis based on initial observation.
Scientific models don't use hypotheticals?

Using a hypothetical in a scientific model does not mean science is based on hypotheticals.

The poster is leading the debate around the bush. His claim has been thoroughly refuted, whereafter debate need not continue. He'll just keep asking questions to which he cares not the answer because can't get over it all. IMO of what I've observed.

The poster is leading the debate around the bush. His claim has been thoroughly refuted, whereafter debate need not continue. He'll just keep asking questions to which he cares not the answer because can't get over it all. IMO of what I've observed.

That is his MO. He'll keep trying to shift things until he gets the answer he wants to produce a "gotcha" moment. It is a vey dishonest way to "debate" that many religious believers here use. I've been through it with all of them at one time or another. It is very tedious, but somebody's gotta do it.

That is his MO. He'll keep trying to shift things until he gets the answer he wants to produce a "gotcha" moment. It is a vey dishonest way to "debate" that many religious believers here use. I've been through it with all of them at one time or another. It is very tedious, but somebody's gotta do it.

I'll go a few rounds with a run and hide after the initial claim can't be supported with evidence of fact or I've spent the time to research and provide evidence refuting/disproving the claim. Then, I'll reference the fact of the unproved or disproved claim and move on. However, those posters I've done such with repeatedly, I'll just cut off the debate early, citing the poster's failure to prove the claim, and not waste time on the questions asked or further claims made having no bearing on the fact-less claim falsely made with no visible means of support. That's how I deal with such MO, being frequent among con posters.

Why give somebody info they ask of you when they've not provided the info that is owed honest debate to begin with?

Last edited:

Science is based on, among other things, the pursuit of hypothesis. A hypothetical is not a hypothesis.

Science is based on, among other things, the pursuit of hypothesis. A hypothetical is not a hypothesis.
Technically, you're correct but the understanding of the words approach similarity.

It means I liked his post quite a lot. :cool:

Two guys in a bar
The first one orders a double whiskey straight
The second man says "I like a man who drinks his whiskey straight"
The first man says "oh, anyone I know?"

Back
Top Bottom