• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Palin's Problem

Hello? don'treadonme--I'm not even talking about Obama. I'm talking about what the author of this article is talking about--Palin's problem.

I wouldn't say I'm a big fan of Krauthammer, but the fact that this neocon is making critical remarks makes them MORE credible, IMO.

Hello? aps

Anytime you take shots at Palin's lack of experience, all you do is expose Obama's own glaring lack of experience.

Governor Palin may not be ready but if that is so what does that make Obama because Governor Palin is more qualified then he is ad what is scary this empty suit is running for president...................

Again, if folks are so worried about her lack of experience and her assuming the presidency because McCain dies, all she needs to do is appoint Joe Biden as VP. He is the solution, apparently, for an inexperienced president. ;)

Hello? aps

Anytime you take shots at Palin's lack of experience, all you do is expose Obama's own glaring lack of experience.

*sigh* You can't address the facts in the article, so I am done with you. Bye bye

This is a great article by Charles Krauthammer. I normally think he is a jackass because all he does is attack Democrats. This made me see him differently because I admire someone who can provide an honest assessment of someone within their own party.

He calls the Palin pick problematic. He notes that in one fell swoop McCain had undermined his strategy of making his campaign about how Obama was "the least experienced, least qualified, least prepared presidential nominee in living memory." He stated, "Palin is not ready."

This is a great paragraph:

I agree and disagree.

I agree that is has REDUCED the effectiveness of using the experience issue against Obama from here on out. I disagree that is has destroyed it. As Jfuh pointed out so eloquently in another thread, Palin is the candidate for VP not President. As Hillary likes to talk about the "3 AM call", its Obama and McCain that's picking up that call...not Palin and Biden.

As far as whose more experienced and qualified, that's a wide open debate. One that I think no matter what the Democrats lose if they try to engage in it. One, they compare their #1 to the republicans #2, Two, an equal argument for Palin being as experienced if not more for the job she's going for than Obama can be made. I've talked about this in a thread dedicated to it though so I won't go further.

In regards to republicans being in charge this decade, close. 6 of 8 years. However the american people haven't exactly shown themselves to be happier with government the past 2 years then they were the previous 6. Additionally, people seemed rather happy with the government for the first 2 years of this decade.

So yes, McCain can push the notion that he's going to try to be a change...not just from the failed republicans who reneged on their promises of smaller government, less spending, and other things but also the failed democrats who promised better energy solutions and more capable handling of the war which hasn't been shown.

Governor Palin may not be ready but if that is so what does that make Obama because Governor Palin is more qualified then he is ad what is scary this empty suit is running for president...................
you forgot that Obama was in charge of his election campaign
and running an election campaign for the presidency, somehow, makes him experienced to be president :screwy

Why don't you stop trying to pump the veep experience thing. It has mattered, what maybe twice in presidential history? The problem is Obama's experience level, not Palin's. Compared to McCain, Obama is nothing. He might as well be just a community organizer. If you're concerned about Palin's experience, you should be alarmed then; since she has more executive experience than Obama.

I like the way people keep down playing Obama's "Community Organizer" job title as if it's irrelevent. How many of you remember the Civil Rights movement? Does the name Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ring a bell? He was a community organizer, as well. And yet Republicans continues to down play it like it has not significance.

If you really want to know what the people want, how the think, what their needs are, what better place to be than right there in the trenches with them? That's what Obama's work as a Community Organizer has done for him. It's given him a better understanding of the people he represents, as well as taught him the "grass roots" of politics.

If you really want to know what Obama's role was as a Community Organizer, I urge you to read this linked article, "Obama Learned Politics Helping the Poor". I read an even better article on same subject yesterday, but can't find it. I'll keep looking and post a link should I find it. The article better chronicled how he got involved in community activism, how he moved from NY to Chicago and the people who were most influencial in helping to guide him to make the career choices he eventually decided upon.

So, the next time you hear someone down play community activism, think it through.

I like the way people keep down playing Obama's "Community Organizer" job title as if it's irrelevent. How many of you remember the Civil Rights movement? Does the name Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ring a bell? He was a community organizer, as well. And yet Republicans continues to down play it like it has not significance.

If you really want to know what the people want, how the think, what their needs are, what better place to be than right there in the trenches with them? That's what Obama's work as a Community Organizer has done for him. It's given him a better understanding of the people he represents, as well as taught him the "grass roots" of politics.

If you really want to know what Obama's role was as a Community Organizer, I urge you to read this linked article, "Obama Learned Politics Helping the Poor". I read an even better article on same subject yesterday, but can't find it. I'll keep looking and post a link should I find it. The article better chronicled how he got involved in community activism, how he moved from NY to Chicago and the people who were most influencial in helping to guide him to make the career choices he eventually decided upon.

So, the next time you hear someone down play community activism, think it through.
if you want to learn how people think, how they can be manipulated, and what they want to hear, than community organizer is a great job so you can sucker them into voting for an empty suit

BHO is no MLKjr

maybe someday, but no way is he near that

And how many where specially chosen to be president?

All 9.

They are the VICE PRESIDENTS.

They NEED to be able to step in if the President falls.

Voters should know that. So back to your first statement..."what does it matter...?"

Quite a bit.

All 9.

They are the VICE PRESIDENTS.

They NEED to be able to step in if the President falls.

Voters should know that. So back to your first statement..."what does it matter...?"

Quite a bit.
True, everyone wants a person with executve experiance to hold executive power! Thats why we should all support Biden! He has....uhhh....some experiance...I think...

True, everyone wants a person with executve experiance to hold executive power! Thats why we should all support Biden! He has....uhhh....some experiance...I think...

I want someone with common sense and intelligence to hold executive power. Not someone who thinks the war in Iraq is God's war.

I want someone with common sense and intelligence to hold executive power. Not someone who thinks the war in Iraq is God's war.

Who said it was God's war?:confused:
It sure wasn't Palin..........

Charles is a GOP dinosaur. Palin has reversed the osmosis of this election and sucked the oxygen out of the Obama campaign. The only time Obama can get covered lately is if he is making lipstick comments or Biden is prompting paraplegics to stand up and be counted or boasting how Obama should've picked Hillary instead of him. Palin is a big problem for the Democrats and the coattail vote may keep the Dems from getting 60 in the Senate. This is why they are trying to swiftboat her with every dirty trick in the book. The problem is when you swiftboat someone, your ammo has to be live and on the mark, like with Kerry. Palin has proven bullet proof and sea worthy. :)

Back
Top Bottom