• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin's endorsement record not too bad.

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I was watching the Sunday morning political shows, and Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday" stated that of the 36 candidates Sarah Palin endorsed, 25 of them won their primaries.

25-11 ain't a bad record.

OK libs... Let the attacks begin!

What will be more interesting is what % win the general. I wonder if we can keep this thread alive until Nov to do some comparison.

What will be more interesting is what % win the general. I wonder if we can keep this thread alive until Nov to do some comparison.
Agreed. Many of the primaries are between two strong candidates so Palin's endorsement has, at the start, a 50-50 chance of winning and then applying even a couple of brain cells to the problem you can usually discern which candidate has the stronger position and improve your chances of picking a winner.

If her endorsements start winning a lot of the generals, then we can talk about Palin being a political player. As it is, she ran a disastrous campaign and basically made herself a laughing stock during the presidential so I would consider any endorsement by her as somewhat risky if you're trying to step outside your party boundaries for voters.

I was watching the Sunday morning political shows, and Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday" stated that of the 36 candidates Sarah Palin endorsed, 25 of them won their primaries.

So what's your point, that the Tea Party is going so strong, that 69% of its candidates survived the Republican primaries despite Palin's endorsement? :lol:

I endorsed sunny weather today, but that doesn't mean I actually influenced the weather.

I think to get a meaningful number you'd have to try and track what sort of impact she actually had on those races. If she endorsed a losing candidate who then gained ground and won, you've got a case for her influence there. On the other hand, if she endorsed a candidate already 10 points ahead, that's just picking the New England Patriots over the Detroit Lions.

The primaries are going to be more important as far as her endorsement record goes.

It's easier to be a kingmaker than a king.

It's easier to be an endorser of political candidates to be a political candidate again. And more profitable too.

This is one of those things that sounds better than it actually is. The question is how many of those would have won if Palin had not endorsed them. I don't think in most cases her endorsement mattered, though there are cases where it almost certainly did.

The question with endorsements is not how many candidates win, but how many votes did the endorsement bring. We always end up going with the meaningless "how many win" stat because the other one is not accurately measurable.

i especially like the way she endorses primarily folks that are already front runners.

Did you include her endorsement of McCain as President?

I knew it wouldn't take long.
:lamo:lamo What's the point of this thread? Sarah Palin is pure entertainment. Here you have running away from the media.

:lamo:lamo What's the point of this thread? Sarah Palin is pure entertainment. Here you have running away from the media.

That looked more like "Oh hey Sarah we're supposed to be going this way."

You're right about the thread, though. "I'm gonna make a post about a person liberals disagree with. I bet some LIBERALS come in here and disagree! Hahahah! So predictable."

I think I'll go make a post about how great Obamacare will be for this country. I bet some of those PARTISAN HACK CONSERVATIVES will come in and disagree. Hahaha! Stupid predictable conservatives.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom