• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin will work to defeat Ryan in primary for Trump stance

European ancestry is a plurality in Canada. Chinese, South Asian, Indian etc make up a majority in most cities.

I have no doubt, but those evil Europeans founded the place - mapped it, and gave it a name and a culture. Naturally, like everything else, it's changing.

I suspect Obama simply ****ed up. It's not like he's the detail man. He and Trudeau were great pals at least on the surface.

Probably just an oversight, and who knows, someone in your government could've told someone in ours that you had it under control. It sure sounded and looked pretty dicey there for a while. I wonder if Obama was secretly pleased that the tar sand region was affected.

On that I have to agree. Now that you mention it, there was no mention of it by the White House. Maybe Obama's comedy writers are taking time off, because of the disaster...I gather they are all Canadian

On the fire matter...they toured the area yesterday and found that 90% of the structures are intact. The fire ate up large sections, but right in the middle there would be a group of homes almost untouched. In one the fire consumed everything it could but stopped 10 meters around the house, destroyed everything except a child's tricycle. Late last night I heard they found a dog which was re-united with the family.

Yeah, we're gonna fine

You mean like the way Canada rushes in every time there's a natural disaster in the US?:lamo

You Canadians are perfect, as you never hesitate to tell us when pointing out our faults. You clearly needed no assistance from us.

I have no doubt, but those evil Europeans founded the place - mapped it, and gave it a name and a culture. Naturally, like everything else, it's changing.

Probably just an oversight, and who knows, someone in your government could've told someone in ours that you had it under control. It sure sounded and looked pretty dicey there for a while. I wonder if Obama was secretly pleased that the tar sand region was affected.

Actually, no. It was Asians who first settled and mapped the land now known as Canada. None of the European settlements that did not come to live as did the natives all starved to death. The new thinking is that Canada's culture originates in the native population. If you have time check out an author by the name of John Ralston Saul

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ralston_Saul

He's a bit full of himself but makes a great case in noting our current customs, politeness, entrenchment in community etc. were the base of how natives lived before Europeans arrived [and remains in fact].

Actually, no. It was Asians who first settled and mapped the land now known as Canada. None of the European settlements that did not come to live as did the natives all starved to death. The new thinking is that Canada's culture originates in the native population. If you have time check out an author by the name of John Ralston Saul

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Ralston_Saul

He's a bit full of himself but makes a great case in noting our current customs, politeness, entrenchment in community etc. were the base of how natives lived before Europeans arrived [and remains in fact].

Thanks. I'll take a look. He could be correct, or at least have serious merit. I only know what I was taught - who knows how correct that is? It's worked out pretty well for me, but given my dimness, age, and the likelihood not everything I've learned is correct, I'll surely accept other information.

I've seen the inherent kindness of remote natives first hand, and such things should be embarrassing to our society here. I think I've heard of this fellow, but I'm certain I've never read anything he's authored.

Thanks. I'll take a look. He could be correct, or at least have serious merit. I only know what I was taught - who knows how correct that is? It's worked out pretty well for me, but given my dimness, age, and the likelihood not everything I've learned is correct, I'll surely accept other information.

I've seen the inherent kindness of remote natives first hand, and such things should be embarrassing to our society here. I think I've heard of this fellow, but I'm certain I've never read anything he's authored.

I recently watched a documentary about Inuit and the seal hunt. Unlike the east coast, the Aurora people hunt young adult seals, and eat the meat, make clothing out of the skins etc. But they can no longer sell their skins to the European trade, as the Europeans do not know the difference, one being an aboriginal practice as opposed to a commercial enterprise.

In one interview, a young man is asked "Dose it make you mad." He replied "In our culture displays of anger are seen as weakness." And it reminded me of the differences in Canadian culture and others, where displays of anger are frowned on, out of place, embarrassing.

I know we have been poorly and mis taught. I learned about the war of 1812 on both sides of the border, it's amazing, they don't even look like the same war. I did high school in the US, and recall hearing about the "Underground Railway", shunting runaway slaves to sanctuary in Canada. I know that it was not taught like it was any big deal, but then we didn't hear a lot about slavery.

Then I took a radio job in London, Ontario, just up the highway from Chatham, Ontario, one of the landing places for those slaves. Then you realize Chatham is really different, there are as many blacks as there are in any US city. At that point it becomes real, these are the descendants of those who braved whatever hells that could be thrown at them to be free.

I have always found it curious that Americans, who erect statues for everything [compared to us] and yet there are more historic sights along the Erie Canal than there are in that 2,000 mile journey.

I suspect someone somewhere who decides what children will be taught figured it wouldn't fit the image, those people having to escape the confines of US boundaries.

Sarah is delusional on how much political influence she actually has nationwide. The Tea Party died a death in Indiana last week, along with Cruz's campaign, I suppose she was not informed.

She is merely gasping her last breaths of perceived relevance.... perceived from her standpoint, as any real relevance she had (assuming she ever had it) died long ago.

Sarah Palin will work to defeat Paul Ryan in primary for Donald Trump stance - CNNPolitics.com

The resurgence of Palin, thanks Mr Trump

Sarah must be bucking for a cabinet position

She seems to be really nailing it.

From Paul Ryan's First Congressional District as of May 10:

Q: What is your opinion of Paul Ryan?
Favorable: 78%
Unfavorable: 15%
No opinion: 7%

Q: What is your opinion of Donald Trump?
Favorable: 41%
Unfavorable: 43%
No opinion: 16%

Q: What is your opinion of Sarah Palin?
Favorable: 24%
Unfavorable: 54%
No opinion: 22%

Q: The candidates in the Republican primary election for United States Congress are Paul Ryan and Paul Nehlen. If the election were held today, for whom would you vote?
Paul Ryan: 78%
Paul Nehlen: 14%
Undecided: 8%​

Well done, Alaska Barbie.

She is merely gasping her last breaths of perceived relevance.... perceived from her standpoint, as any real relevance she had (assuming she ever had it) died long ago.

Just what America needs, an other reality Ho

wow. well there's a ****up. Ryan is almost certainly the next Republican president; possibly as soon as 2020. it will be funny to see her stumping for him then, if he doesn't completely hang her out to dry.

Palin is a complete idiot who quit in the middle of her term after promising to serve the whole term. And now people who didn't like her before all of a sudden like her now? LOL. She was crap then. She is still crap now.

Palin is a complete idiot who quit in the middle of her term after promising to serve the whole term. And now people who didn't like her before all of a sudden like her now? LOL. She was crap then. She is still crap now.

it's interesting to re-read my responses to this thread from 2016. i was fairly convinced that Trump would lose and that the 2020 election was an open field for Republican challengers after a Clinton term.

Come now, if you disregard politics and not let her speak, I know quite a few men who consider her a fine, uh.... oh yea, woman.

wow. well there's a ****up. Ryan is almost certainly the next Republican president; possibly as soon as 2020. it will be funny to see her stumping for him then, if he doesn't completely hang her out to dry.

The last time I remember Palin really actively supporting candidates on a major scale was during the midterm elections in 2010, when she was supporting mainly Tea Party candidates. Good to see she's being underestimated again and hope Trump will be underestimated again in 2020.

Come now, if you disregard politics and not let her speak, I know quite a few men who consider her a fine, uh.... oh yea, woman.

Bottom line is that I am a well known Trump basher on this board, but I won't side with Sarah Palin when she bashes Trump. Damn, am I defending Trump now by attacking her? Damn, I am never going to live this down. LOL.

Last edited:
Sarah Palin will work to defeat Paul Ryan in primary for Donald Trump stance - CNNPolitics.com

The resurgence of Palin, thanks Mr Trump

Sarah must be bucking for a cabinet position

I never realized until now, how much Palin and Trump have in common.

Both have cartoonish hairstyles.

Both have crazy twitter rants.

Both know how to whip up a crowd.

Both have lacking political resumes and experience.

Tump has one up over Palin in that he makes more sense in interviews.

It's like they were made for each other.

You think so? I don't think many republicans like him.

Sarah is delusional on how much political influence she actually has nationwide. The Tea Party died a death in Indiana last week, along with Cruz's campaign, I suppose she was not informed.

I consider Trump tea party, and he is definitely a birther.

Bottom line is that I am a well known Trump basher on this board, but I won't side with Sarah Palin when she bashes Trump. Damn, am I defending Trump now by attacking her? Damn, I am never going to live this down. LOL.
But do you agree that she has some appeal under some circumstances?

But do you agree that she has some appeal under some circumstances?

Only after drinking about 1,000 bottles of beer, and maybe not even then. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom