• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin to make high-profile visit to Iowa

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
If Sarah Palin does run the attacks from the 5th column Lame Stream Media will be none stop and even more vicious than they have been up to now.

I don't think I can vote for Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich.

http://http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68G0M920100917

By Steve Holland

WASHINGTON | Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:25pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Will Sarah Palin use her Tea Party power to launch a run for president in 2012? Nobody knows, but her trip to Iowa on Friday may provide some clues.

Palin speaks at the Iowa Republican Party's Ronald Reagan Dinner in Des Moines, her influence among Tea Party activists strong after conservative candidates she backed won in Delaware and New Hampshire Senate primary races on Tuesday.

The former Alaska governor, who was Republican Senator John McCain's vice presidential running mate in the 2008 campaign, remains coy about whether she will join what could be a long list of challengers to Democratic President Barack Obama.

But her visit to Iowa for a speech at a high-profile party fund-raising event for November 2 congressional elections will doubtless feed speculation the self-styled "hockey mom" might seek the White House in 2012.

"I think what she's doing there is what she's doing in a lot of places -- she's tickling the political community. I think for any politician to show up in Iowa is to fuel speculation," said David Yepsen, a longtime Iowa watcher who is director of the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute at Southern Illinois University.

Iowa and New Hampshire cast the first votes in presidential nominating campaigns and potential candidates routinely stop in each state in hopes of propelling themselves into the national spotlight.

Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty, pondering a run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2012, has already blazed a trail across Iowa and is planning a sixth trip there in October.

Last edited:
If Sarah Palin does run the attacks from the 5th column Lame Stream Media will be none stop and even more vicious than they have been up to now.

I don't think I can vote for Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich.

http://http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE68G0M920100917

Should she run, she's proven she can handle the heat, and she has scared the living crap out of the Journolists. Folks are fed up, and people believe what she and her candidates say... that's what scares the leftists. These folks are on a mission to take the country back, and they tell the electorate what they want to do... something Dems can't.

Look at the candidates she's backed! Folks the "experts" said didn't have a chance.

She's elevated her stature big time. I hope she runs.

Is Palin's Rise Part of God's Plan? | Politics | Vanity Fair
~snip
Sarah Palin has often suggested that she believes her rise to power is divinely ordained. She is, moreover, the only contemporary American politician whose admirers openly describe her as a modern-day version of a biblical character.

On the main pro-Palin blog, Conservatives4Palin, many postings contemplate Palin’s resemblance to Queen Esther, the eponymous hero of a short book in the Hebrew Bible. And Palin herself encourages the analogy. This past April, for instance, she told a Christian group in Louisville, Kentucky, that she often reads the book of Esther to her daughter Piper at bedtime.

Palin seems first to have gotten the idea that she might be a new Esther shortly after being elected governor in 2006, when she asked one of her former pastors for an example of biblical leadership that she could emulate. Quoting scripture, the pastor told Palin that she, like Esther, had “come to the Kingdom for such a time as this.”

Plus: “Sarah Palin: The Sound and the Fury,” by Michael Joseph Gross;, Gross’s response to critics of the article; and “Sarah Palin’s Shopping Spree: Yes, There’s More. . . .”
The reference requires some unpacking. Due to her extraordinary beauty, Esther, a Jew, was taken as a wife by the Persian king Ahasuerus. When an adviser named Haman persuaded Ahasuerus to proclaim that all Jews in his kingdom should be killed, Esther’s Jewish cousin Mordecai (who raised her after she was orphaned) told her that she had to persuade the King to spare her people: “For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14)

A 2008 e-mail obtained exclusively by Vanity Fair, which appears in full below (with its original spelling and punctuation), offers the clearest evidence yet made public of how seriously Palin and her advisers take this analogy. The e-mail was written by Lou Engle, a right-wing pastor and political activist who founded a movement known as the Call, which has coordinated widespread prayer and fasting to protest health-care reform and same-sex marriage. Of the latter, he has said, “What happened to California will release a spirit that is more demonic than Islam, a spirit of lawlessness and anarchy. And a sexual insanity will be unleashed into the Earth.” Engle’s e-mail was sent to Palin as a last-minute exhortation just before she took the stage for her vice-presidential debate against Joseph Biden on October 2, 2008. It is an extraordinary document, referring to legalized abortions as a “holocaust,” and casting Engle in the role of Mordecai to Palin’s Esther. The message was handled by Palin’s advisers with a gravity (subject line: “URGENT Fwd: From Lou Engle – Urgent for Sarah to read...”) that suggests it was a message they knew Palin would want to see.

Dear Sarah,

Many thousands are fasting and praying for you. I know you’ve heard it, but I believe this is an Esther moment in your life. Esther hid her identity until Mordecai challenged her to risk everything for such a time as this. Your identity is “Sarah Barracuda”. Esther removed corruption from the Persian government and Haman fell. She didn’t have experience, she had grace and favor. Sarah, don’t hide your identity tonight. There will be questions given to you that you don’t know, and I have been weeping over you. I believe the Lord would have you be real. If they ask you a question that you don’t know, don’t be ashamed to say: “I don’t have the experience of 30 years of politics like Senator Biden, but what I have is character, truth, and integrity, and I haven’t been seduced by 30 years of political and moral compromise like these men in DC. I believe America is not looking for more knowledge, they are looking for more character and more truth, and that is who I am. I refuse the politics of neutrality. I will stand for the family, I will stand on foundations of truth and this nation will be better for it.

Sarah I’m sure you’re doing this, but take a moment to still yourself before the Lord. The Lord is a shield about you. To those who have no strength, the Lord will show Himself powerful.

Sarah, I could be wrong, but I’ve been praying for five years for an Esther, with dreams of being a Mordecai to that Esther. I believe you’re the one and I think you’re even wearing a life band. Tonight don’t be ashamed to plead for the life of the unborn and all the wounded woman who have gone through this holocaust. You can throw this email away, but I have 50 young people fasting and praying day and night who are shouting tonight: “Grace, grace to you!”

We love you,
Lou Engle

I don't think she should run.

I would want her to run just to see the Dems win. If this nation voted Palin in as POTUS I would be speechless; and then I would be intrigued to see how long she lasted. :)

Should she run, she's proven she can handle the heat, and she has scared the living crap out of the Journolists. Folks are fed up, and people believe what she and her candidates say... that's what scares the leftists. These folks are on a mission to take the country back, and they tell the electorate what they want to do... something Dems can't.

Look at the candidates she's backed! Folks the "experts" said didn't have a chance.

She's elevated her stature big time. I hope she runs.

lol...she can't handle a simple question like "what do you read?"....how do you think she'll fare in a debate with obama? btw...i sincerely hope she runs as well.....it should be fun seeing her tweets balsted everwhere.

lol...she can't handle a simple question like "what do you read?"....how do you think she'll fare in a debate with obama? btw...i sincerely hope she runs as well.....it should be fun seeing her tweets balsted everwhere.

She handled Biden, and Obama now has a record he can't weasel from as he did in 08. Obama has a record of mass economic destruction, incompetence and hostility to America.

She'd chew him up and spit him out.

Would love to see it, sincerely; though not believing she would be chewing or spitting.

She handled Biden, and Obama now has a record he can't weasel from as he did in 08. Obama has a record of mass economic destruction, incompetence and hostility to America.

Sarah Palin 2013 - 2015½ :lamo:lamo

She lost the debate to Biden, badly. And she just might quit halfway thru the campaign like she did as Alaska Governor. You want a tiny town mayor and half term Governor as POTUS? Why did you turn against your own country?

If she quits do we get the second place Republican to run in her place? It's never happened that a party's nominee has quit. But we all know, even if some are in deep denial, that she can't take the heat and runs screaming from the kitchen. Why is THAT anything to fear? It isn't, to tell ya true.

Regards from Rosie

Ha, she can't even handle Katie Couric. And this economic meltdown isn't Obama's fault, no matter how hard you wish it was, it isn't. I would love Palin to run for president, it would mean another term for Obama.

Why can't she and Pelosi go off somewhere and die silently without notice? I am so sick of political gender gimmicks that I want entire parties to die with them.

Ha, she can't even handle Katie Couric. And this economic meltdown isn't Obama's fault, no matter how hard you wish it was, it isn't. I would love Palin to run for president, it would mean another term for Obama.

.......it would mean that Democrats could find the most clinically retarded person in America to run with confidence of an outcome.

Should she run, she's proven she can handle the heat,

She quit her job because journalists were being mean to her. Quite the opposite of handling 'the heat'.

After the disastrous showing the Demo-rats are going to have in Nov. there is a good chance Hillary will get the Nod at their Convention.

I think all the hate a lies about Sarah Palin just goes to show how scred the Laftest name caller really are. The likes of phony's like Olbermann & Mathews.

Did Mathews really say Obama makes him tingle?

YouTube - Chris Matthews' thrill up leg

Wow I guess he did.

Seriously is he gay or what? Maybe Obama is his type who knows.

Obama is now in trouble when Dims (no spell error) are trying to distance themselves from him.

This first one is from back in June.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/evil/etc/slaughter.html

http://www.newsmax.com/Morris/Obama-BP-Gulf-oil/2010/06/18/id/362394

By: Dick Morris

To the left, the oil spill is not an index of presidential competence or an issue in the political sphere. It is a daily gushing of poison into the Earth's waters as a direct result of the president's failure to stop it.

They blame BP. But they already hate oil companies. And they blame Obama, too. And they are coming to dislike him.

When Obama attempts to recoup this damage to his political base by pushing new legislation on the environment or by resurrecting his cap-and-trade legislation or by bringing criminal charges against BP or by setting up a liability fund for the spill's victims, it does not solve his political problem.

With each day, 60,000 barrels gush into the Gulf, Obama's equivalent of the body count in Iraq that caused the left to loathe George W. Bush. Rhetoric or programs or visits to the Gulf or posturing won't assuage the negatives. Only plugging the hole in the bottom of the ocean can do it.

The right and center of American politics turned off Obama over healthcare. And now the left is leaving him over the oil spill.

Why can't Obama plug the hole?

Democrats Turn On Obama’s Economic Agenda

It was bound to happen eventually.

Democrats are breaking ranks from Obama’s economic agenda. To keep things in prospective, voters are pissed. So while a select few Democrats might actually have had a change of heart, this is just politics for most.

From Hotline On Call:

In a sign that Democrats are not on-board with what was supposed to be a major cornerstone of their platform this fall, an increasing number of Democratic incumbents and candidates are criticizing Pres. Obama’s economic plan.

Within 24 hours of Obama’s major address in Ohio on Thursday, a Democratic senator, three House Democrats and another two Democrats vying for open House seats all distanced themselves from Obama’s economic plan.

Their remarks indicate that it will be difficult for Obama to get his plan through Congress before the November elections. They also show that Democrats are increasingly on shaky political footing on the economy — the top issue for voters this year.

Hotline On Call goes on to quote several Washington Democrats who have recently been more vocal in their split with Obama:

She quit her job because journalists were being mean to her. Quite the opposite of handling 'the heat'.

You're not even close to right. She left because of unfounded legal attacks and accusations from Leftists were getting very expensive because in Alaska the State won't defend the Governor and she was going broke.

At least try to get your facts straight.

Too many maybe a solid hundred people must be watching the two clowns Olbermann, and Mathews and believe their hateful lies and pure BS.

You're not even close to right. She left because of unfounded legal attacks and accusations from Leftists were getting very expensive because in Alaska the State won't defend the Governor and she was going broke.

At least try to get your facts straight.

That whole b.s. claim by her was debunked. Where were you?

Her claim that the state spent "millions" dealing with ethics complaints against her is one that has been disputed. Her own tally is less than $2 million, and an Anchorage newspaper said most of that was salaries of state workers who would have been paid whether or not Palin was being investigated.

Too many maybe a solid hundred people must be watching the two clowns Olbermann, and Mathews and believe their hateful lies and pure BS.

Don't know about that, but Palin's lies and pure B.S. will catch up with her if she throws her hat... The woman lies about the stupidest things and them blames MSM for fact-checking.

The only way she could elevate her stature would be to wear stilts.

Some of the main reasons I wouldn't want Palin as president are:
- She wanted to work for Fox (not sure if that's still in the works)
- She quit her job as governor so she could be a cheerleader for Republicans and conservatives
- She is a far-right conservative

I simply don't trust she would listen to the non-conservatives of this country.

Some of the main reasons I wouldn't want Palin as president are:
- She wanted to work for Fox (not sure if that's still in the works)
- She quit her job as governor so she could be a cheerleader for Republicans and conservatives
- She is a far-right conservative

I simply don't trust she would listen to the non-conservatives of this country.

How about just that she is not an intelligent person at all? I mean, she is dumb. Between Clinton and Pelosi, she is the dumbest woman in politics. And now there's this new one in Delaware.

C'mon ladies. Things aren't looking too good right now.

Last edited:
How about just that she is not an intelligent person at all? I mean, she is dumb. Between Clinton and Pelosi, she is the dumbest woman in politics. And now there's this new one in Delaware.

C'mon ladies. Things aren't looking too good right now.

If she's as dumb as a post, I'd vote for her. How well has voting for smart people worked out? Not so good I'd say... the dumber, the less they do, the more vacations they go on... the less damage they do to this country. Hell, let's clone Jethro Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies and have Congress all just chase women and eat a lot by the cement pond. Sounds spectacular.

If she's as dumb as a post, I'd vote for her. How well has voting for smart people worked out? Not so good I'd say... the dumber, the less they do, the more vacations they go on... the less damage they do to this country. Hell, let's clone Jethro Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies and have Congress all just chase women and eat a lot by the cement pond. Sounds spectacular.

That theory goes down the toilet the minute you say 'Bush'.

Lol this theory has already been proven wrong by our last president.

Back
Top Bottom