• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin sparks Twitter fight on mosque

Would you be cool with the KKK building a monument to fallen Klansmen, a few blocks from the 16th Street Church in Brimingham?

You mean the Robert Byrd Memorial? :lol:

You know, actually, Ikari...here's the deal. I am just gonna leave you to it. You are normally a reasonable and interesting poster but occasionally you devolve into what we're seeing right here. I don't know what causes it and I don't rightly care, to be honest. But it's clear to me and anyone reading this thread that you are on a mission to twist, misrepresent, and outright lie about what's been posted...creating your own arguments to attack instead of the ones actually being presented. It's obvious that you don't need an opponent to discuss this issue with because you are quite capable of fabricating both sides of the debate all by your lonesome. And when you get bored with that, you hurl insults and unfounded charges all rising from the fantasies you create about the arguments that were never made.

And the sad thing is, I've allowed you to pull me down into it again despite knowing better than to deal with you when you devolve to this pitiful state. So, if you want to have a reasonable discussion about this at some point when you've climbed up out of this slavering mess you've made of yourself in this thread, I'll be happy to do so then. But I will not sit here and have you lie and misrepresent what I have stated, call me a fascist/bigot or prejudiced when I have given no indication of that, or continue to attribute arguments to me that I have not made at all despite it having been pointed out to you by others that I wasn't making those arguments. Get your mind right, get your thoughts together, read the thread again and let me know if you want to discuss it rationally. Until then, I am cleaning myself of this mess. I hope you climb out of this gutter you dragged us to wallow in, too.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with not liking their religion. Also, zoning laws are changed all the time to block buildings that the community doesn't want.

Sure it does have something to do with hating the religion. There are people here who have said they would allow any other religious building to be built if it were Christians, Catholics, buddists, but because it is Muslim they are against it.

Sorry but yes, that is indeed an infringement on first amendment rights to allow another religion to build but not allow Muslims to build.

Sure it does have something to do with hating the religion.

Well if you can show me where I have made anything close to a disparaging comment about Islam during the course of this conversation, then we have something to discuss. Otherwise, I can simply dismiss your complaint as you having not read the thread and trying to create an argument to challenge rather than the ones actually presented.

"The trouble with Twitter, the instantness of it – too many twits might make a twat." David Cameron UK PM.

:roll::roll::roll:

More deflect eh? Well I suppose if that's all you got. Fact of the matter is if you own property and are within all legal limits for a building, you do have the right to put that building there. Societal "values" cannot override the rights of the individual.

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Ikari and Jallman are now thread banned.

Back
Top Bottom