• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin says Obama is in bed with big oil!

Deuce

Outer space potato man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Palin accuses Obama of being in bed with big oil - Yahoo! News

"I don't know why the question isn't asked by the mainstream media and by others if there's any connection with the contributions made to president Obama and his administration and the support by the oil companies to the administration," she told Fox News Sunday.

---

Palin suggested this close relationship explained why Obama was, "taking so doggone long to get in there, to dive in there, and grasp the complexity and the potential tragedy that we are seeing here in the

This is a very strange accusation coming from a woman who's husband used to work for BP and who was governor of a state where everyone who voted for her was receiving yearly checks from oil companies. Not to mention the proposed windfall tax on oil companies that came from the Obama administration. Or Palin's campaign slogan basically being Drill Baby, Drill. Or the whole Cap and Trade thing.

In bed with Big Oil. Really. :rofl

Last edited:
"Big oil" paid for half her freakin' state.

Sounds like someone is trying for popularity points

This is a very strange accusation coming from a woman who's husband used to work for BP and who was governor of a state where everyone who voted for her was receiving yearly checks from oil companies. Not to mention the proposed windfall tax on oil companies that came from the Obama administration. Or Palin's campaign slogan basically being Drill Baby, Drill. Or the whole Cap and Trade thing.

seriously, who gives a **** what palin says?

Partial retraction: The taxes levied on oil companies in Alaska don't actually come in the form of a yearly check. It goes into some sort of investment fund for when that oil runs out.

Sarah Palin's husband worked for an oil company for years, so isn't SHE the one in bed with big oil?

I don't know why people are appalled by the idea that we can view business as good for the country.

Oil companies are not bad.

I don't know why people are appalled by the idea that we can view business as good for the country.

Oil companies are not bad.

Business having control over our government by basically buying them out is the part people have concern over, maybe.

I could be wrong, but the way I understand it, all Alaska residents get kickbacks from Alaskan oil, not just people who voted for her.
If you are right, that would be buying votes wouldn't it? The msm would be all over that. Again, if you are right, maybe you can provide proof?

Business having control over our government by basically buying them out is the part people have concern over, maybe.

How much did our government "cost" then? Seems to me that the numbers showing BP's actual contributions to elected officials are really not all that high.

I am not sure anyone was "bought" with the relatively small amounts of money (when you think in terms of buying off a government) that actually seem to get donated.

Not to mention, shouldn't people be more concerned about the government, if they were in fact "bought off"?

For your further entertainment! GOPers showing their opposition to unfettered exploitation of our planet by Big Oil nature rapers.

YouTube- DRILL BABY DRILL

YouTube- Palin's 'Drill Baby Drill' Vs. Oil Spill

YouTube- Drill Baby Drill Live at the RNC

Is there any reason to care what Palin says? :confused: ;)

All these people want to sit around and demonzie oil companies... I'd like to see anyone live without the use of oil.

All these people want to sit around and demonzie oil companies... I'd like to see anyone live without the use of oil.

Well, might be better if we started trying to use less.

Well, might be better if we started trying to use less.

I am fine with using less, assuming a viable alternative can be found. However, in my opinion, simply using less will not do away with oil exploration.

I am fine with using less, assuming a viable alternative can be found. However, in my opinion, simply using less will not do away with oil exploration.

It's a start. few things are done in a wholesale way. Change is often slow and painful. Need often brings about real change. Too often we get complacent and wait when SOME action would do us better.

What we do need is those man enough to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth - no matter how much its hurts.
Yet we still have the intellectually-challenged who subscribe to the right-wing agenda...
Also, I'd be more concerned about the possibility of America's Chennoble....(I advocate far more nuclear power).
We have far too much fear and ignorance

"Contributions" to any elected offical must be stopped.
Part of reform.....
Taxes must be increased and the government must bear a limited(very limited) cost of a man running for office.
The question is " Is our government up to this added duty?"..

What we do need is those man enough to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth - no matter how much its hurts.
Yet we still have the intellectually-challenged who subscribe to the right-wing agenda...
Also, I'd be more concerned about the possibility of America's Chennoble....(I advocate far more nuclear power).
We have far too much fear and ignorance

That person would never get elected.

"Contributions" to any elected offical must be stopped.
Part of reform.....

Didn't the Supreme Court just strike that idea down as unconstitutional?

Taxes must be increased and the government must bear a limited(very limited) cost of a man running for office.
The question is " Is our government up to this added duty?"..

Why?

Back
Top Bottom