• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin: 'I'm engaged in the internal deliberations' for 2012 run

Palin could beat Obama. She isn't stupid like the media wants to portray. When you have people analyzing every aspect of your life you are bound to slip up, and these slip ups is all we hear from the left wing media. She's articulate, charismatic, and I agree with many of her views (not all mind you).

Do you agree with the Bush Doctrine?

What periodicals do you read to get your current news?

And that's a big deal to you, huh?

Big deal? The worshippers of the Great Goddess of the Frozen North clog the phone lines to keep her progeny on a so called reality show which is probably fixed in the first place ... nah ... I would not describe it as a big deal. More like "look at that funny article in the National Tattling Enquirer" which catches you eye as you unload your grocery cart. Its something to look at, scan over, mock and ridicule and then move on to the real business at hand.

Palin could beat Obama. She isn't stupid like the media wants to portray. When you have people analyzing every aspect of your life you are bound to slip up, and these slip ups is all we hear from the left wing media. She's articulate, charismatic, and I agree with many of her views (not all mind you).

Oh? And which views are those?

Specific views, mind you. Not "smaller government!!"

Big deal? The worshippers of the Great Goddess of the Frozen North clog the phone lines to keep her progeny on a so called reality show which is probably fixed in the first place ... nah ... I would not describe it as a big deal. More like "look at that funny article in the National Tattling Enquirer" which catches you eye as you unload your grocery cart. Its something to look at, scan over, mock and ridicule and then move on to the real business at hand.

Its also seems worth your while to get involved in a discussion about it, and the opinions of the 'experts', before you move onto the 'real business'.

Anyone interested in the children of politicians strongly suggests there is no real business.

from Grant

Well the experts on the show who know more about this than me seem to feel her dancing sucks bigtime.

Dancing with the stars is mostly about the most improved dancer and then who the people like best. Bristol has improved like 1000%, but so has Kyle. I actually hope he wins. He's great, funny and much more entertaining than the others two but no better than Bristol. Jennifer is from Dirty Dancing. She was a great dancer to begin with and hasn't improved that much.

I know, I sound like a Dancing with the Stars geek. Honest, this is the first season I've ever watched it. I was curious to see how Bristol would be treated.
It's on tonight BTW. :)

Amazing how they report on every aspect of her life, minus her accomplishments.

Amazing how they report on every aspect of her life, minus her accomplishments.

One could argue that people do the same with Obama. I don't think Palin is stupid either. I think she's out of her depth in the political game because she was hardly prepared for the mud-slinging that comes with it as evidenced by what happened during the campaign with McCain.

Wanting 'smaller government' is a specific view. It's not that complicated.

Until you attempt to actually define it and put some numbers to it. So thats why its kept a vague and meaningless cliche that looks good on a bumper sticker.

There's a different phone line for each contestant. If the phone line was "clogged" it was clogged because people were voting for that person, not Palin.
I voted one week. The phone was picked up and the recording said "thank you for voting for Bristol and hung up.

Wanting 'smaller government' is a specific view. It's not that complicated.

Sure its specific, so lets cut the entire military. Thats a smaller government. Or lets cut all police and firefighters, thats also smaller government. Or lets cut infrastructure construction and maintenance, thats a smaller government. Or lastly lets just cut a branch, Judaical, executive, legislative?

Saying smaller government could mean literally anything, and it should be especially obvious if you consider that if the phase "smaller government" is a specific argument than it leaves only one other option equally specific, larger government. If you think all politics can be summed up into a binary system you're denying reality.

Sure its specific, so lets cut the entire military. Thats a smaller government. Or lets cut all police and firefighters, thats also smaller government. Or lets cut infrastructure construction and maintenance, thats a smaller government. Or lastly lets just cut a branch, Judaical, executive, legislative?

Saying smaller government could mean literally anything, and it should be especially obvious if you consider that if the phase "smaller government" is a specific argument than it leaves only one other option equally specific, larger government. If you think all politics can be summed up into a binary system you're denying reality.

Everything you mentioned should be kept. Everything else goes. That's a smaller government.

Palin is far and away the best candidate that the GOP could offer in 2012

I realize it would serve your partisan purposes quite well, but I think we both know that will never happen. The fact that she quit her job as governor early (even if her reasons were justified) and that she now has a reality tv show was kind of the final nail in the coffin. And that's if she even stood a chance before all of that stuff, which I never thought she did. She's not enough of a politician to sufficiently navigate those waters.

I realize it would serve your partisan purposes quite well, but I think we both know that will never happen. The fact that she quit her job as governor early (even if her reasons were justified) and that she now has a reality tv show was kind of the final nail in the coffin. And that's if she even stood a chance before all of that stuff, which I never thought she did. She's not enough of a politician to sufficiently navigate those waters.

I thought the handprompter with basic talking points written on it was. :lol:

Whereas reading a teleprompter teleprompter is far more professional, I supppose.

Memorizing an entire speech is a little different than memorizing three general talking points.

And what makes you think BHO memorizes any speeches? What would be the point when he has a teleprompter telling him what to say?

I don't think he memorizes them. I bet he can remember his three talking points without writing them on his hand. How hard is it for the Face of the Tax Party movement to remember "Energy", "Tax cuts", and "Lift America's spirit"?

I don't think he memorizes them. I bet he can remember his three talking points without writing them on his hand. How hard is it for the Face of the Tax Party movement to remember "Energy", "Tax cuts", and "Lift America's spirit"?

Are you quite certain that's what she had written on her hand?

I thought the handprompter with basic talking points written on it was. :lol:

If Obama used a handprompter, well never mind.....he'd have writing on more than his hand. It would at least be up and down both arms.

Besides, she's not the first. (D) Dianne Fienstein did it in a 1990 debate where it was against the rules. All Sarah did was write "energy" to remind herself to talk about it.
Oh yea and then there is this. it seems hand writing isn't all that odd when it comes to women in general.

Attacking Sarah Palin for Writing Notes On Her Hand Is a Sexist Attack From the Left

Back
Top Bottom