• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin Going After Trump

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Sarah Palin is now on the warpath wanting to attack Paul Ryan in the primaries to get rid of him for his current stance on Trump. I'm having trouble understanding this since Paul Ryan is infinitely closer to a Tea Partier than Donald Trump is. Are there any lines left in politics anymore? Has Paul Ryan turned into a RINO and therefore Trump is closer to a Tea Partier than Ryan is? Is Palin just trying to suck up for VP? I'm so confused. I don't know who is who anymore.

Sarah Palin is now on the warpath wanting to attack Paul Ryan in the primaries to get rid of him for his current stance on Trump. I'm having trouble understanding this since Paul Ryan is infinitely closer to a Tea Partier than Donald Trump is. Are there any lines left in politics anymore? Has Paul Ryan turned into a RINO and therefore Trump is closer to a Tea Partier than Ryan is? Is Palin just trying to suck up for VP? I'm so confused. I don't know who is who anymore.
Paul Ryan made a tactically weak decision. I losses nothing by saying he supports Trump yet chose not to do so. He should have taken a few cues from Reince Preibus and said "he's our nominee, we're going to work with him". It's not like Trump cheated to win the way Cruz lied about Ben Carson. I bet if Cruz was winning right now Ryan would be all up in Cruz' ass right now.

Ryan is a tea partier? Is that why he passed Obama's budget without a fight? Having said that, Trump is no tea partier either.

Relax. There's an awful lot of breathless reporting and opining going on. The media loves this, and they're more than happy to drive the political hysteria we see now. Trump's pretty happy about it too. They have a symbiotic relationship. Palin is a non-factor, and never has been significant except in occupying a special place in the minds of some liberals.

Let's wait and see what comes of the Trump-Ryan meeting on Thursday.

Republicans are facing the most painful of decisions.

If they line up behind Trump that inherently means supporting an anti-establishment wildcard of a candidate, if they do not line up behind Trump that means all eyes are on keeping Congressional Seats in hopes of control over the next 115th Congress. Some other very awkward things are happening here and I suspect it comes down to where establishment thinks they can retain control given the seemingly civil war down faction lines within the Republican Party. Something has to give here.

Now, Sarah Palin is a little bit different than Paul Ryan. She is no more than a far right social conservative spokesman who ends up going back and forth between NRA conventions and Super PAC meetings, she perhaps more than Ryan is speaking to a decreasing demographic who are motivated by fear and anger.

Paul Ryan made a tactically weak decision. I losses nothing by saying he supports Trump yet chose not to do so. He should have taken a few cues from Reince Preibus and said "he's our nominee, we're going to work with him". It's not like Trump cheated to win the way Cruz lied about Ben Carson. I bet if Cruz was winning right now Ryan would be all up in Cruz' ass right now.

So, if lying during the nomination process is cheating, what you're telling me is that Trump hasn't lied?

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Palin Going After Ryan"?

I have no idea why Ryan is so vocally withholding support from Trump.

He only has two choices: Trump or Hillary.

If he backs a third party, then he elects Hillary.

Relax. There's an awful lot of breathless reporting and opining going on. The media loves this, and they're more than happy to drive the political hysteria we see now. Trump's pretty happy about it too. They have a symbiotic relationship. Palin is a non-factor, and never has been significant except in occupying a special place in the minds of some liberals.

Let's wait and see what comes of the Trump-Ryan meeting on Thursday.

True enough. But what's with the thread title?

I can see one reason:

https://www.uspolitics.news/topics/paul-ryan

Paul Ryan on Trump’s Immigration Plan: Not On My Watch
Alex Vander -
November 15, 2015
House Speaker Paul Ryan laughed at Donald Trump’s immigration plan when asked on 60 minutes what he thought about it. On deporting 11 million illegal immigrants Speaker Paul Ryan said “there should be a way to legal status. That is what I have proposed in the past."

He wants to give Mexican illegals amnesty presumably in the hope they will turn republican in gratitude. When pigs fly.

Ryan better mend his fences immediately after the convention, or resign.

Ryan is a tea partier? Is that why he passed Obama's budget without a fight? Having said that, Trump is no tea partier either.

That's why the far right approved Ryan for Speaker, because he was one of them. Now that Ryan was forced to accept reality, which the far right doesn't, all of a sudden he is a RINO.

That's why the far right approved Ryan for Speaker, because he was one of them. Now that Ryan was forced to accept reality, which the far right doesn't, all of a sudden he is a RINO.

The tea party is not "far right", we are fiscal, constitutional conservatives. I think by passing trillions of dollars in new spending, without so much as the bat of an eye, Ryan has clearly demonstrated he is NOT one of us. ;)

Yeah. Me too. We've been had. I feel like 3G with the hockey stick.

Yeah. 3G is in the AGW penalty box right now, which is a special place for special people.

It does seem like Trump has been suddenly sprung on the GOP. They never, ever even seen it coming 'til he was right thar, at their front door. All those primaries didn't mean nuthin. Them folks is completely unprepared now. It's just like findin out you got you a skeleton in your family closet. Devastating.

The tea party is not "far right", we are fiscal, constitutional conservatives. I think by passing trillions of dollars in new spending, without so much as the bat of an eye, Ryan has clearly demonstrated he is NOT one of us. ;)

I'm not for giving the Tea Party any more power and am fine with Ryan if he keeps his seat but I do like to see the Reprobates turning in on themselves for their behavior.

I want to go back to the days when it was Pelosi.

Last edited:

When Trump loses the election anyone who supported him will be forever tainted so yes he does have something to lose.

But, by your definition, who is far right?

I actually totally agree with your want to be fiscally responsible (and so does Ryan) but I disagree with your delusional obstructionist tactics (and so does he). Like it or not, we live in a Democracy where a minority shouldn't be trying to force their will on the rest of the country. You are willing to shut the government down and default on the debt to try getting your way, thinking that that will actually work. You don't seem to have a clue that the left is willing to let you shut the government down or default on the debt and then it will be blamed on you. You seem to think that your policies of letting the country go to sh!t by using these obstructionist tactics will sway the country into voting more conservative in the future once the country has gone to sh!t. Meanwhile, the country has gone to sh!t. Ryan, myself, and other so called RINO's are willing to take baby steps in the right direction until we have more of a majority, at which time we will be able to override the minority but we have to get complete control of the House, the Senate, and the White House in order to do this. Your tactics will lead to Hillary getting elected and losing the lead we have in the Senate now, not to mention decades of losses on the Supreme Court. How does that get you closer to your stated goals? It doesn't. It takes you farther away from them.

Last edited:
Yeah. 3G is in the AGW penalty box right now, which is a special place for special people.

It does seem like Trump has been suddenly sprung on the GOP. They never, ever even seen it coming 'til he was right thar, at their front door. All those primaries didn't mean nuthin. Them folks is completely unprepared now. It's just like findin out you got you a skeleton in your family closet. Devastating.

The sincerity of their complaints about the soon-to-be nominee not being Conservative enough would be more credible if the ones bitching about it didn't include those
knee-jerk right-wingers Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush sarc mark.jpg

Makes you wonder that maybe possibly there just might be other reasons.

When Trump loses the election anyone who supported him will be forever tainted so yes he does have something to lose.

Repetitio est mater studiorum

hillary trump debate.jpg

The sincerity of their complaints about the soon-to-be nominee not being Conservative enough would be more credible if the ones bitching about it didn't include those
knee-jerk right-wingers Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush View attachment 67201085

Makes you wonder that maybe possibly there just might be other reasons.

I wonder what you wil say when Trump begins to deny any of the things he has said about immigration or trade wars. He's not building a wall or putting tariffs on Chinese goods. He would try to cut his taxes of course but how does that make him any different than Bush? He got you hooked no doubt but now it will be time to actually try to appeal to normal Americans. Since you are already on the line he doesn't need to appease you anymore. He's no "knee jerk right winger". You are right about that, he's a northeast Democrat with no scruples who saw how easy it was to manipulate the Republican base when he did his "birther" thing.

Last edited:

I think you have it right. It's Sarah Palin who doesn't know who is who, if she ever did.

1. Ryan is in the tank for the GOP Elite. Period. That's why he doesn't like Trump and why he basically said he won't support Trump unless Trump comes crawling to him.

2. Trump realizes this about Ryan and during their upcoming meeting Ryan will either end up backing down like Priebus did or he will end up cutting his own throat...ie, committing political suicide.

3. I'm pretty sure Palin knows there is no chance of her getting any political position out of Trump, let alone VP. I'm thinking she's going after Ryan because she likes Trump. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Back
Top Bottom