• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin endorses Trump

upsideguy

Pragmatic Idealist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
It's official, Sarah Palin has decided that Donald Trump is her man....

"Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and 2008 vice-presidential nominee who became a Tea Party sensation and a favorite of grass-roots conservatives, will endorse Donald J. Trump in Iowa on Tuesday, officials with his campaign confirmed. The endorsement provides Mr. Trump with a potentially significant boost just 13 days before the state’s caucuses.

“I’m proud to endorse Donald J. Trump for president,” Ms. Palin said in a statement provided by his campaign.

Her support is the highest-profile backing for a Republican contender so far."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/20/us/politics/donald-trump-sarah-palin.html?_r=0

Well illustrating the Donald's appeal to low-information voters (and low-information politicians)

If Trump ever decides to visit, the two of them can go look at Russia together from her office :lamo

(and before anyone says anything, yes, I know, Tina Fey actually said that)

I think the Donald might tell her, "Thanks, but no thanks."

I don't know who does more damage: Palin endorsing Trump or GWB campaigning for Jeb. Probably Palin because Jeb can't really go down any further than he already is.

A crazy woman endorses a crazy man. No surprise here.

I'm assuming this is positive for Trump, at least for the primaries. Many conservatives and long-time GOP voters have questioned Trump's conservative credentials - the backing of a key Tea Party leader should quell those concerns.

Although, this will undoubtedly be used against Trump if he secures the GOP nomination.

It's official, Sarah Palin has decided that Donald Trump is her man....

"Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and 2008 vice-presidential nominee who became a Tea Party sensation and a favorite of grass-roots conservatives, will endorse Donald J. Trump in Iowa on Tuesday, officials with his campaign confirmed. The endorsement provides Mr. Trump with a potentially significant boost just 13 days before the state’s caucuses.

“I’m proud to endorse Donald J. Trump for president,” Ms. Palin said in a statement provided by his campaign.

Her support is the highest-profile backing for a Republican contender so far."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/20/us/politics/donald-trump-sarah-palin.html?_r=0

Well illustrating the Donald's appeal to low-information voters (and low-information politicians)

"Low-information voters" is an insulting term. Offensive, to be honest.

Can we not have well-meaning political discussions without microagression seeping in?

I doubt it will help him much.

One ding dong supporting another will not be much help since I assume many that like her already support him.

I'm breaking my 3-year absence on this site to apologize for ever defending Sarah Palin. All the bad things said about her turned out to be true.

I'm assuming this is positive for Trump, at least for the primaries. Many conservatives and long-time GOP voters have questioned Trump's conservative credentials - the backing of a key Tea Party leader should quell those concerns.

Although, this will undoubtedly be used against Trump if he secures the GOP nomination.

She did back Cruz in his run in Texas. I think he appeals to the evangelicals. Trump not so much. Will be interesting.

Meanwhile, another one of her kids is in trouble...as usual. What a trash-pile they are.

Track Palin Was Arrested Last Night for Domestic Violence

Today is a big day for Sarah Palin. She is in Iowa to endorse Donald Trump, which will shore up Trump’s standing with Real Americans and once again give the Palin family a moment in the national spotlight. But things back home aren’t as rosy: Last night, Palin’s son, Track, was charged in Wasilla on domestic violence and weapons charges.

Per online court records, Track Palin, 26, was charged yesterday with assault in the fourth degree (domestic violence), interfering with a report of domestic violence, and possession of a weapon while intoxicated. All three charges are misdemeanors

I doubt it will help him much.

One ding dong supporting another will not be much help since I assume many that like her already support him.

It will help him among the republican base in Iowa and elsewhere. Which is the point, since this is indeed the primaries.

Regardless of what you think of Palin, her favorables with the republican base, while much lower than they were, are still very much in the positive.

Last edited:
She did back Cruz in his run in Texas. I think he appeals to the evangelicals. Trump not so much. Will be interesting.

Cruz's trump card against Trump is that the business executive isn't a "true" conservative, that he embodies "New York values" and the blind pursuit of money, etcetera. Cruz certainly can't claim to be any more "electable", or less polarizing, than Trump. Without the confident and undivided backing of religious Christians and Tea Partiers, you have to suspect Cruz's campaign might crumble.

I hate to say it, but this really is a big deal. It legitimizes Trump in a way no other endorsement has come close to doing. I can see this pushing him over the edge in Iowa and maybe even SC.

If y'all get a kick out of this endorsement you're going to love it when he appoints her Secretary of State.

I'm breaking my 3-year absence on this site to apologize for ever defending Sarah Palin. All the bad things said about her turned out to be true.

From Trumps Twitter
“Palin’s brand among evangelicals is as gold as the faucets in Trump tower,” said Ralph Reed, the chairman of the Faith & Freedom Coalition.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Trump is the master, he has rarely been wrong in this run, so I will take his word over your new position.

Dav!!!!

You have been missed sir...and are much more interesting than either of the people in this story.

If y'all get a kick out of this endorsement you're going to love it when he appoints her Secretary of State.

Interior. If he appoints her at all, that's my guess. But I doubt it will happen. Trump surrounds himself with the best and brightest and cares little for political sycophants.

I completely doubt his conservative cred and this does nothing to change that.

I completely doubt his conservative cred and this does nothing to change that.

The recent comments on her Facebook page are unanimously critical of her endorsement. Time will tell whether this impacts Trump's campaign in any way, but it's clear that Palin's endorsement will cost her.

It will help him among the republican base in Iowa and elsewhere. Which is the point, since this is indeed the primaries.

Regardless of what you think of Palin, her favorables with the republican base, while much lower than they were, are still very much in the positive.

And there you have it.

Palin endorses Trump and Trump welcomes her with open arms.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, "The State of the Republican Party 2016."

Is there anything else that needs to be said?

"Low-information voters" is an insulting term. Offensive, to be honest.

Can we not have well-meaning political discussions without microagression seeping in?

Not all Trump supporters are low information voters or less educated voters, but Trump is popular with the less educated voter. It is a sub-demo that he does well with. This is not an insult; its a fact.

Who Are Donald Trump's Voters? The Less Engaged and Less Informed - US News
Donald Trump Supporters Mostly Uneducated, New Poll Finds

Sarah Palin is a low-information politician. Its no wonder she likes Trump (probably because so many of her fans do).

How utterly and completely irrelevant.

Her kids are thugs, her daughter preaches abstinence and has two out of wedlock kids...etc..etc.

She can't even control her family, why should I listen to her endorsement?

On 01/18/2016 at approximately 2204 hours, Wasilla Police responded to a residence for a disturbance. An investigation revealed Track Palin had committed a domestic violence assault on a female, interfered with her ability to report a crime of domestic violence, and possessed a firearm while intoxicated. Palin was arrested and charges of assault in the fourth degree (domestic violence), interfering with a domestic violence report, and misconduct involving weapons in the fourth degree were forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office. Palin was held without bail until arraignment.

Last edited:
The recent comments on her Facebook page are unanimously critical of her endorsement. Time will tell whether this impacts Trump's campaign in any way, but it's clear that Palin's endorsement will cost her.

It definitely hurts my opinion of her.

Back
Top Bottom