• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin Emails ABC News to Push Back on 'Taliban Muslim' Twitter Controversy

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin uses Facebook and Twitter to make political statements and communicate with her followers.

Today reporters noted that she had apparently used Twitter to list as a “favorite” of hers a tweet from conservative commentator Ann Coulter showing a photo of a sign labeling President Barack Obama a “Taliban Muslim.”

The image was a church called “The Blood of Jesus ATLAH World Missionary Church” with a sign reading “The blood of Jesus against Obama history made 4 Nov 2008 a Taliban Muslim illegally elected president USA: Hussein”

“MY NEW CHURCH!” Coulter’s tweet declares.

Asked for comment, Palin wrote to ABC News:

“Jake, I've never purposefully ‘favorited’ any Tweet. I had to go back to my BlackBerry to even see if such a function was possible. I was traveling to Alaska that day...it was an obvious accidental ‘favoriting,’ but no one can mistake that Ann Coulter was obviously being tongue in cheek with that Tweet. Shall I correct this with whichever wonderful media outlet ran with this (an obviously bored reporter...since there must be nothing going on in the world today, like, um, ramifications of a shake up of power in the U.S. House of Representatives?).”

Exclusive: Palin Emails ABC News to Push Back on 'Taliban Muslim' Twitter Controversy - Political Punch

So.

No surprise as usual from Ann Coulter.

But how do you "accidently favourite" something so out there. And not immediately repudiate such a horrific and gross claim?

Before anyone starts talking about Obama's Afghan war record lets no forget that Obama raised troops in Afghanistan to levels which had never been since at any other point in that war. Since 2001 we have not had as many troops in Afghanistan as we do now.

Of course that's made possible in no small part to the Bush surge in Iraq, which Obama opposed, and allowed so many of our troops there to come home while leaving Iraq fairly peaceful, at least compared to pre-surge levels of violence.

Of course that surge would have never been necessary either if Bush and his team hadn't created/approved a poor Iraq war plan to begin with, after all from 2003 to 2006 the US made almost no progress in Iraq.

So Bush messed up for having a bad plan for a few years, and Obama messed up by saying the surge wouldn't work. So can we agree it would be impossible for any President/Senator-at-the-time to have a perfect record regarding a nearly decade long conflict? And that while Obama has never publicly said he was wrong like Bush did, we're all adult enough to not discredit his very pro-war position/actions in Afghanistan just because he won't admit his mistake. In other words can we say, he's going good in Afghanistan but he really should admit that error when he was a senator, instead of simply seeing him in only a good or bad light?

Heck I'd challenge anyone to find a general or politician in history which did not make an error, even an honest one, in war.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom