• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palin Brushes Off Criticism of Confrontation with Teacher

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Typical with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Palin blames everyone else when she looks bad. I love how Palin 'supports' the woman's 1st amendment rights, but then has her people rip the sign down...

How do the teabrains feel about their queen trampling on the first amendment? (can't wait to hear the justifications or will they have the integrity to say it was wrong)

This is a perfect example of the difference between President Obama who has handled the uncomfortable public confrontations with class and dignity, and the hypocritical failed Governor who shows her true petty and vindictive nature when confronted.

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is once again berating what she calls the "LSM" ("lamestream media") for the reaction to an Internet video showing a confrontation Palin had with an Alaskan teacher.

While filming her upcoming television series in Homer, Alaska recently, Palin was confronted with a large banner that read "Worst governor ever." Local resident and teacher Kathleen Gustafson was holding the sign when Palin approached her.

Palin quit her governor job for quick money and celebrity -- well, genius, being videotaped comes with the territory, so tell your jackass husband to move out of the way.

I wonder what type of 'fair and balanced' coverage FNC will give this story. O'Rielly is the only one who seems to not play into the demagoguery over there--but even he plays too nice with her.

She didn't handle this particarly well I thought.

As for the rest of it.. Meh, this happens to every politician.

I will point out I love the way she was talking about the constitution this, and constitution that... while opposing the mosque thing... wah!?!?!?! confused!?!?!?!?!

Anywho. This is a none story as far as I'm concerned.

she so respects one's Constitutional rights that her body guards tore down that woman's sign ... the one posted on that woman's property, immediately after filming the encounter
yes, the same body guards who attempted to prevent the teacher's husband from filming their conversation
caribou barbie strikes again ... seems the teacher did not catch on to palin's introductory wink, to play along with palin's attempts to spin the encounter in a favorable way
please be on the RNC ticket in 2012

Liberals, don't forget to thank hazlnut before moving on. He needs the props.

would only let me do it once, the first time out
but thanks for the reminder ... and the attempt at a thread topic diversion

Not addressing the film then? Figures.

She smiled and talked to the lady, and I saw nothing torn down. What else is there to say?

Yeah, because smiling covers a multitude of ****.

She smiled and talked to the lady, and I saw nothing torn down. What else is there to say?

allow me to provide you a source (of amusement):
... In what has become typical tragic irony, Sarah initially claimed to support Kathleen’s First Amendment Rights. But as soon as Billy Sullivan walked toward the dock, one of Palin’s entourage tore down the sign to great applause from her group.

Todd Palin approached Billy (who owns a business called Dockside Fish and buys halibut on that dock) and asked him to get out of the Discovery crew’s shot. “You just can’t get enough of her, can you?” he asked. An Alaska State Trooper told Billy he should call the Homer Police Department and report the trespassing and destruction of property.

What the Palin folks don’t seem to understand is simple; if Fred Phelps gets to hold his hateful signs up at military funerals, Billy should be able to put Kathleen’s “WORST GOVERNOR EVER” banner on his building and not have a Palin goon tear it down.

The First Amendment only matters when you say or write something someone else doesn’t like.

For someone who doesn’t hold elected office and denies being a celebrity, Sarah Palin may want to get a “Constitutional Handler”.
Palin’s Homer Moment: Celebrity Sarah Confronted by Citizen (WATCH) | Investing Contrarian

She is not good at handling criticism under the public eye. I would not be naive enough to think Obama does any better behind closed doors or in his head, but she is unfortunately a drama queen.

That being said, if it were not for the fact that her sarcasm wasn't the best placement, this video does little for me. This is just lotion for the OP's delusional thinking.

Typical with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Palin blames everyone else when she looks bad. I love how Palin 'supports' the woman's 1st amendment rights, but then has her people rip the sign down...

How do the teabrains feel about their queen trampling on the first amendment? (can't wait to hear the justifications or will they have the integrity to say it was wrong)

This is a perfect example of the difference between President Obama who has handled the uncomfortable public confrontations with class and dignity, and the hypocritical failed Governor who shows her true petty and vindictive nature when confronted.

Palin quit her governor job for quick money and celebrity -- well, genius, being videotaped comes with the territory, so tell your jackass husband to move out of the way.

I wonder what type of 'fair and balanced' coverage FNC will give this story. O'Rielly is the only one who seems to not play into the demagoguery over there--but even he plays too nice with her.

geez...talk about your not ready for prime time players...

I loved the way Bristol helped tagteam.

A LOT...let me start...

Rule 1-dont engage in a battle of wits when your gun is empty
Rule 2-Dont engage protestors
Rule 3-If you choose to ignore rule 2 for the love of God dont get your ass handed to you. Dont stand there moving your moth and saying constitution constitution constitution over and over again. Dont become argumentative. Smile politiely, express appreciation for her involvement in politics. Express appreciation for voicing her concerns as an American. When the teacher thing comes out express appreciation for her role as a teacher, the second most important job behind motherhood. Build common ground...share your families history as teachers and the great respect you have for teachers. Leave the woman feeling abosultely stupid for standing in the middle of nowhere with a poorly designed banner by killing her with kindness.

And a handful of others...offer to have your picture taken with her...have someone in YOUR group take a picture of you with HER as if it is an honor. Respect her opinion.

If you want to be nasty, tell her how sorry you feel for her that her life is so consumed with hatred...express your sorrow that she feels the need to stand out in the cold by herself to make some point instead of sharing time with loved ones...encourage her to run for governor (and make a self deprecating joke about the swimsuit contest)...say something to the effect that you are sure all these people appreciate her efforts...

ms Palin has some absolutely ****ty handlers...

Actually, he probably got the idea to post it watching Fox News...it was on during lunchtime...they reported...I decided...she looked stupid. Again.

Actually, he probably got the idea to post it watching Fox News...it was on during lunchtime...they reported...I decided...she looked stupid. Again.

This must be the abbreviated video.

This must be the abbreviated video.

Blindly following ideologues is as bad for conservatives as it is for liberals, man. This was one person, in the middle of freakin Alaska...just go up to her...offer to give her a hug...thank her for demonstrating her constitutional rights, and move on. This woman has a LOT to learn. the thing is...you would THINK she would have learned that. Instead she is going to go out of her way to show this woman how she is wrong.

We talk about Obamas thin skin...doood...this woman must have tissuedermis.

Palin Brushes Off Criticism of Confrontation with Teacher[/URL]

Palin:

America's finest - our men and women in uniform, are a force for good throughout the world, and that is nothing to apologize for.
Sarah Palin

Americans expect us to go to Washington for the right reason, and not just to mingle with the right people.
Sarah Palin

Here's a little newsflash for those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion. I'm going to Washington to serve this great country.
Sarah Palin

That's not someone with NPD.

Dont use big words you don't understand hazlnut

And if blaming everyone else is something you were truely conscerned with, Obama should be every other thread created by you. To this day he still blames people who haven't served in any office for nearly 2 years.

BTW, that stupid bitch with the sign admitted that Palin and she have a lot in common.

I give Palin big props for going over to talk with that stupid troll of a woman who was obviously just a liberal partisan hack looking for attention.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting read. According to Gateway Pundit... the teacher wasn't a teacher at all... but a singer in a cross-dressing band.

They're right - you just can't make this stuff up. Or maybe they did make it up and set it up... they meaning the leftists bugs. The Palin hate just makes them look worse and worse and Palin better and better.

Somehow the whole eye roll thing now makes a little more sense... meaning: Yeah right. YOU'RE a teacher.

Gateway Pundit

Here's an interesting read. According to Gateway Pundit... the teacher wasn't a teacher at all... but a singer in a cross-dressing band.

They're right - you just can't make this stuff up. Or maybe they did make it up and set it up... they meaning the leftists bugs. The Palin hate just makes them look worse and worse and Palin better and better.

Somehow the whole eye roll thing now makes a little more sense... meaning: Yeah right. YOU'RE a teacher.

Gateway Pundit

If true...if only she'da knowed it. Point of fact when interviewed about it she said she should have told her how much respect she had for teachers and gave a run down on family members that were teachers...so obviously the head roll wasnt a yeah right thing...

but to the bigger point...when you roll around with pigs you get...well...muddy...

Gateway Pundit
She is a teacher, a theater teacher...
When some commentators pointed out that Gustafson was a theatre teacher and that the pictures of her 'drag queen band' were in fact photos of her directing a student production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Leah Anthony Libresco: The Left is Wrong about Why Palin is Wrong

Back
Top Bottom