• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palestinians cheering Tel Aviv murders - 2016

At least four people were killed in the attack Wednesday night at the Sarona Market shopping complex, and another 16 were wounded. On Thursday morning, a statement by Hamas, which runs the Gaza Strip, said that the two gunmen were members of the organization.

The attackers were caught after fleeing the scene, one having been shot and seriously wounded by a security guard. Hamas declared the attack was a response to alleged Israeli “violations” on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

Ronald S. Lauder called on Palestinian President Abbas to condemn the attack and to abandon plans for a Palestinian unity government with Hamas “and any other group that applauds such vicious acts.

“Hamas and others are celebrating the bloodshed. It’s become clear once again that they are a terror group, and not a partner for peace.

“It’s high time that responsible Palestinian leaders stand up and stop the glorification of terror and murder. The pictures of large numbers of people celebrating callous acts of murder on the streets of Ramallah and Gaza City are revolting, and they show that something is fundamentally flawed in Palestinian society,” said Lauder...

Not much to add to this...

Innocent civilians die, Palestinians cheer.

The key word here us "Hamas." They are terrorists. Al quaeda cheered 9/11. Alt right wackos cheered McVeigh.

What do you think the answer is? Can't nuke 'em without taking out most of Israel.

The key word here us "Hamas." They are terrorists. Al quaeda cheered 9/11. Alt right wackos cheered McVeigh.

What do you think the answer is? Can't nuke 'em without taking out most of Israel.

"The pictures of large numbers of people celebrating callous acts of murder on the streets of Ramallah and Gaza City are revolting"

They were all Hamas?

"The pictures of large numbers of people celebrating callous acts of murder on the streets of Ramallah and Gaza City are revolting"

They were all Hamas?

So what is the answer? What would you do to deal with it?

I really don't know how to "fix" the type of hatred that would have people taking to the streets cheering the murder of innocent civilians in terror attacks...

Perhaps you have a solution.

Nor do I. I think ending settlements there would be a good thing. Return to the 2 state solution. Treat the people with respect.

Basically, nobody is going anywhere. They all have to find a way to live together in peace. Israelis aren't going to up and leave. Palestinians aren't going to either. Stop trusting the fundamentalists on either side.

Nor do I. I think ending settlements there would be a good thing. Return to the 2 state solution. Treat the people with respect.

Basically, nobody is going anywhere. They all have to find a way to live together in peace. Israelis aren't going to up and leave. Palestinians aren't going to either. Stop trusting the fundamentalists on either side.

I too believe that settlements should be ended. And I agree with the 2 state solution. Respect. Yes.

So, common ground.

Back
Top Bottom