• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palestinian tells the truth on CNN and gets arrested for it

What's the point of hypothesizing? The real truth is nothing works for you so you just fall in line with the so called "free thinkers". No attempt at original thought. Good luck with it.
No attempt at original thought? That's what "free thinkers" are, free like me to figure that when the biblical authors tried to justify the horrific crimes committed by Hebrews and others, they were revising the old Flip Wilson's comic line, "The devil made me do it" to say "Jehovah made us do it." Doesnt mean the old testament is evil, or a bad book, just an often inspirational, sometimes ugly, recounting of human triumphs and sins. As Woody Allen put it, "it doesn't mean God is an evil person, just an underachiever."

No attempt at original thought? That's what "free thinkers" are, free like me to figure that when the biblical authors tried to justify the horrific crimes committed by Hebrews and others, they were revising the old Flip Wilson's comic line, "The devil made me do it" to say "Jehovah made us do it." Doesnt mean the old testament is evil, or a bad book, just an often inspirational, sometimes ugly, recounting of human triumphs and sins. As Woody Allen put it, "it doesn't mean God is an evil person, just an underachiever."
Give me one example of Biblical authors trying to justify any horrific crimes. Justify, that's your word. That's not the narrative. Sorry, but you're the underachiever here. You talk about God like He's the man on the street. He'll never fit into a mold of your making. Your Redeemer lives.

Give me one example of Biblical authors trying to justify any horrific crimes. Justify, that's your word. That's not the narrative. Sorry, but you're the underachiever here. You talk about God like He's the man on the street. He'll never fit into a mold of your making. Your Redeemer lives.
Quick check says that God commanded the Israelite “not to leave anything alive that breathes” in Deuteronomy. Look, the texts suggest that God suggested massacres and his people carried them out. This doesn’t invalidate the wisdom the Bible contains, just that it contains some ugliness as well — killings and rape — that God seemed to favor.

@Winston

Some follow up to your thread:

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Back
Top Bottom