• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palestinian killed in Israel after accusations of selling land to Jews

NO1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-killed-in-israel-after-accusations-of-selling-land-to-jews-report/
A Palestinian man killed in an Arab Israeli town over the weekend was involved in the sale of West Bank land to Jews, Palestinian media reported Saturday.
Citing an unnamed Palestinian Authority source, Ynet reported Salama was wanted by the PA for selling land to Jewish settlers, which is punishable by death under the West Bank-based government’s penal code.

Also-
https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Exclusive-PA-arrests-Palestinian-American-for-property-sale-to-Jews-569743
US Ambassador David M. Friedman has demanded the immediate release of Isaam Akel, a Palestinian-American arrested by the Palestinian Authority security forces two months ago for engaging in a real estate transaction with Jews in the Muslim Quarter of Jerusalem’s Old City.
Last week, the Palestinian Islamic religious authorities in east Jerusalem reaffirmed a fatwa (religious decree) prohibiting Palestinians from selling their houses and lands to Israelis. Some Palestinians have called for imposing the death penalty on those who violate the ban.

The PA hate the Jews more than they care about the life of their people.

its time the world must do what needs to be done to the terrorists of "palestine". everyone agrees they are a cancer to the world. firing rockets from playgrounds and schools. intentionally charging israeli borders armed. slaughtering innocent jews just because they are of a different faith.

Horrible, but nothing new unfortunately.

No doubt about how degrading to the cultures on both sides the conflict is and has always been

No doubt about how degrading to the cultures on both sides the conflict is and has always been

Really? How was the culture being discussed before the conflict?

Really? How was the culture being discussed before the conflict?

Well, before the advent of Zionism the relations between Arabs and Jews , at least when compared to the relations between Europeans and Jews , were a whole lot better than they are today. The conflict has had imo a devastating effect on the cultures and perspectives on both sides. Violence begets more violence and hate flourishes as a result.

How many Israelis sell land to Palestinians ?

How many Israelis have been killed for selling land to Palestinians?

For the second time this year, the Palestinian Islamic religious authorities in Jerusalem reaffirmed a ban on selling property to Israelis, and warned that any Palestinian involved in such transactions would be accused of “high treason.”

The latest decision on Thursday followed news that Jews had purchased a house in the Muslim Quarter of Jerusalem’s Old City. The house, which according to reports in the Palestinian media was purchased by the Ateret Cohanim organization, belonged to the Joudeh family. The organization, along with Ir David Foundation, has been acquiring lands and houses in east Jerusalem for decades.

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-...rty-to-Israelis-an-act-of-high-treason-569254

Last edited:
Well, before the advent of Zionism the relations between Arabs and Jews , at least when compared to the relations between Europeans and Jews , were a whole lot better than they are today. The conflict has had imo a devastating effect on the cultures and perspectives on both sides. Violence begets more violence and hate flourishes as a result.

That’s not a description of culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s not a description of culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you are truly that unaware that you can't see how the conflict has had a detrimental effect on the cultures of both sides

Pre Zionism , whatever cultural differences were present between Arab and Jew in Palestine , they enjoyed a pretty good relationship. Am I wrong here and if so maybe you should say why ?

I don't think you are truly that unaware that you can't see how the conflict has had a detrimental effect on the cultures of both sides

Pre Zionism , whatever cultural differences were present between Arab and Jew in Palestine , they enjoyed a pretty good relationship. Am I wrong here and if so maybe you should say why ?

It's more true that the cultures have had an effect on the conflict than vice versa.
And this is yet another time where you're using your favorite "the victim was wearing a short skirt, of course he'll rape her" argument blaming the desire for self-determination as the cause for the criminals' actions.

Goes to show your absent morality which is a requirement for an anti-Israeli agenda.

It's more true that the cultures have had an effect on the conflict than vice versa.
And this is yet another time where you're using your favorite "the victim was wearing a short skirt, of course he'll rape her" argument blaming the desire for self-determination as the cause for the criminals' actions.

Goes to show your absent morality which is a requirement for an anti-Israeli agenda.

Nope , that rape thing is your favourite argument and it is actually used the wrong way around

I would also argue that the morality deficit is found in the other camp

Either way the fact remains that pre Zionism, the Jews and Arabs of Palestine enjoyed pretty decent relationships by global standards. Your avoidance of this is very telling in and of itself

Nope , that rape thing is your favourite argument and it is actually used the wrong way around

I would also argue that the morality deficit is found in the other camp

Either way the fact remains that pre Zionism, the Jews and Arabs of Palestine enjoyed pretty decent relationships by global standards. Your avoidance of this is very telling in and of itself

Spare us the "I know you are but what am I" nonsense.
It's a classic case of a "she wore a short skirt" argument.

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/NGO-to-press-PA-to-release-US-citizen-arrested-for-land-sale-to-Jews-574481
The International Legal Forum has started a campaign to get European Union countries and human rights groups to pressure the Palestinian Authority to release an east Jerusalem resident it arrested, who is also a US citizen, for allegedly selling land to Jews.
“We fear that a reality where the EU continues to offer its support to the PA government, while remaining silent in the face of such a horrendous reality, will send the wrong message to the PA and to all antisemitic governments and organizations.”

There are still efforts to release the Palestinian which arrested for selling land to Jews.

Back
Top Bottom