• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Pakistani Scientist Passed "Nuclear Bomb Technology" To Iran

TimmyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hmm, I wonder who else this Pakistani scientists has given nuclear weapons building know how to? Any guesses? I also wonder what other nuclear weapons black market smuggling networks their are out their, besides the one ran by this Pakistani scientist? Where is Kandahar? Kandahar, you see this? And further, does this add more evidence that man could very well destroy itself with the current mentality that is prevalent in mankind?

Iran given 'nuclear weapon' data

Iran has resumed uranium conversion
Iran has passed on to United Nations inspectors documents on how to build a crucial part of a nuclear bomb, the UN's atomic agency says.
Tehran says it got the information from the nuclear smuggling network run by disgraced Pakistani scientist AQ Khan, according to an agency report.

The Iranians say they neither requested the data from AQ Khan nor used it.

The agency concludes Iran has improved co-operation with its inspectors, but has yet to provide full transparency.

The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said more openness was "indispensable and overdue".

Tehran insists its nuclear programme is for energy purposes only.

IRAN'S NUCLEAR STANDOFF
September 2002: Work begins on Iran's first nuclear reactor at Bushehr
December 2002: Satellite photographs reveal nuclear sites at Arak and Natanz. Iran agrees to an IAEA inspection
September 2003: IAEA gives Iran weeks to prove it is not pursuing atomic weapons
November 2003: Iran suspends uranium enrichment and allows tougher inspections; IAEA says no proof of any weapons programme
June 2004: IAEA rebukes Iran for not fully co-operating with nuclear inquiry
November 2004: Iran suspends uranium enrichment as part of deal with EU
August 2005: Iran rejects EU proposals and resumes work at Isfahan nuclear plant
But many board IAEA members are concerned about Iran's decision to resume uranium conversion - a precursor to enrichment. Highly enriched uranium can be used to make nuclear weapons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4449860.stm

I wonder why this is news.
AQ Khan's operations have been public knowledge since 98.

Simon W. Moon said:
I wonder why this is news.
AQ Khan's operations have been public knowledge since 98.

I wonder why we haven't done anything to address this problem. That's the real news. We have known about this for a long time and have done nothing. I imagine he has smuggled quite a few secrets to various governments and organizations who have money or he sympathizes with.

Me personally, I think the CIA should have kidnapped him and then interrogated him to get more information about his smuggling operations or if that would prove impossible, have the CIA bust a cap in him so we wouldn't have to worry about him selling secrets to the wrong people anymore.

TimmyBoy said:
Me personally, I think the CIA should have kidnapped him and then interrogated him to get more information about his smuggling operations or if that would prove impossible, have the CIA bust a cap in him so we wouldn't have to worry about him selling secrets to the wrong people anymore.
So you are condoning things above and beyond torture?

cnredd said:
So you are condoning things above and beyond torture?

I am condoning self defense, not torture. Are you opposed to somebody's legitimate right to self defense? If somebody comes up to you with a gun and tries to kill you, you have the right to shoot back to defend yourself and kill him. That's just common sense and my opinion remains unchanged from the past and it remains consistent. Self defense is the legitimate right of anybody. Wouldn't you agree?

TimmyBoy said:
Khan's not a supervillian. He didn't do what he did single-handedly. Assasinating him would have just been a bump in the road to the Islamic Bomb.

Simon W. Moon said:
Khan's not a supervillian. He didn't do what he did single-handedly. Assasinating him would have just been a bump in the road to the Islamic Bomb.

You're right about that. But it just goes to show that corrupt Third World countries can make the bomb available to rougue states or terrorist organizations, which some people niavely deny.

Back
Top Bottom