• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pakistan flood survivors protest slow aid

spud_meister

Veni, vidi, dormivi!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
SUKKUR, Pakistan — Angry flood survivors in Pakistan blocked a highway to protest slow delivery of aid and heavy rain lashed makeshift housing Monday as a forecast of more flooding increased the urgency of the massive international relief effort.

Pakistan's worst floods in recorded history began more than two weeks ago in the mountainous northwest and have spread throughout the country. Some 20 million people and 160,000 square kilometers (61,776 miles) of land — about 1/5 of the country — have been affected.
The Associated Press: Pakistan flood survivors protest slow aid

This is a disaster of huge proportions, yet it doesn't seem aid is coming in fast enough, or in enough quantities, and reports indicate that a second wave of deaths due to water-borne diseases will hit too.

And the effects could extend far beyond just the flood affected areas.

The scale of the disaster has raised concerns it could destabilize the country, which is pivotal to U.S. hopes of defeating al-Qaida and the Taliban, has a weak and unpopular government, and an anemic economy propped up by international assistance.

Protesting?

They should be greatful that other countries are helping in the first place!

Remember New Orlean. I guess other countries are more important.

Protesting?

They should be greatful that other countries are helping in the first place!

Remember New Orlean. I guess other countries are more important.

you're kidding right, that killed just over 1000 people, this could potentially kill at least 3 times that, and the UN is calling for less than Kuwait gave America for hurricane Katrina.

I didn't read tge article at the time I posted. It was an emotionally driven rant.

The Pakistanis should be happy they are getting aid in the first place instead of acting like ungrateful ****s by protesting.

Angry flood survivors in Pakistan blocked a highway to protest slow delivery of aid

I'm sure that blocking highways will help speed up the process.

One fifth of Pakistan, twenty per cent of their country, is underwater. The floods started three weeks ago, and up to six million people have yet to receive any aid. It's worse than the Asian tsunami, and they have the temerity to complain that the help's a little slow! How very dare they!
Victim-blaming, much?

Last edited:
It is sad this country is suffering.

Its citizenry live in poverty, suffering both from *Sharia Law* and totalitarianism.

It is sad this country is suffering.

Its citizenry live in poverty, suffering both from *Sharia Law* and totalitarianism.

Sharia law has **** all to do with this subject, but a very big thank you for using a natural disaster thread to point out once again your hatred for Sharia, WE GET IT!

make a seperate thread for it.

Back
Top Bottom