• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pakistan calls for labeling organizations critical of Islam as terrorists

Wrong, the quran and the Bible is better than anything atheists have produced

Kind of a ---- response.
The Qur'an is a literary disaster,
The bible is not a whole lot better.

Let me introduce to the word Abrogation....

Naskh (نسخ) is an Arabic word usually translated as "abrogation". In Islamic legal exegesis (or tafsir), naskh is a theory developed to resolve seemingly contradictory rulings of Islamic revelation by superseding or canceling the earlier revelation.

If you read the Quran, it needs to be read not as it is, but chronologically. You will see that all the nice verses in the Quran (mostly stolen from Judaism, which is ironic) are abrogated by the later, violent verses. It is not cherry picking, it is following the rules of abrogation. Any Muslim who follows the Mecca verses but does not follow the Medina verses (the later verses) is not following Islam as ordained by Mohammad. Non-Muslims who do not know the facts will carry on no doubt, but it won't change the facts.

Correct as far as it goes, but it also refers to any changes made to previous scripture - the OT and the NT. One example that comes to mind is the 6th commandment, "Thou shalt not kill". That was amended in the Qur'an to read, "Never should a Muslim kill another Muslim". The Qur'an has an Animal Farm feel to it sometimes - Some are more equal than others.

Correct as far as it goes, but it also refers to any changes made to previous scripture - the OT and the NT. One example that comes to mind is the 6th commandment, "Thou shalt not kill". That was amended in the Qur'an to read, "Never should a Muslim kill another Muslim". The Qur'an has an Animal Farm feel to it sometimes - Some are more equal than others.

And further investigation leads to why Muslims kill Muslims all the time.
It is because the other is a "Bad Muslim", therefore not a true Muslim.

Because you gave quotes that you thought made Islam look good, and as I explained, they didn't.

All you did was give quotes of Islam that seemed bad, that is as well cherrypicking

Kind of a ---- response.
The Qur'an is a literary disaster,
The bible is not a whole lot better.

Atheism produced the USSR

And religion has been around for thousands of years, atheism not so much

And further investigation leads to why Muslims kill Muslims all the time.
It is because the other is a "Bad Muslim", therefore not a true Muslim.

Correct. As the Qur'an says in 39:32,*"Who, then, doth more wrong than one who utters a lie concerning Allah, and rejects the Truth when it comes to him; is there not in Hell an abode for blasphemers?

That would include 'Muslims' such as the Ahmadiyyas who believe another prophet came along in the 1800's.

All you did was give quotes of Islam that seemed bad, that is as well cherrypicking

I gave quotes that mean what they say. So did you. But, as I said before, the difference between us is that I know what all those quotes mean - both yours and mine.

I gave quotes that mean what they say. So did you. But, as I said before, the difference between us is that I know what all those quotes mean - both yours and mine.

you did not give any meaning, so my points still stand tall

In your world, which is also the same world as most Muslims.
Most do not know the difference and will repeat invalid quotes from the Qur'an.

I most certainly did. In post #12 I answered your 3rd point:

You - “And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good” [Quran 2:195].

Me - Allah describes 'doing good' as fighting for Islam. He started saying this after Mohamed's move to Medina. It starts with verse 2:216, "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not". And it only gets worse from there.

In post #14 I answered you 1st, 2nd, and 4th points:

You - “And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought” [Quran 30:21].

Me- All that means is that God created women for men. Nothing new there.

You - “The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy” [Quran 49:10].

Me - This one does you no favors. Note the underlined word. That means only Muslims are brothers to each other. The rest of us are al kafarina, and therefore unworthy of brotherhood.

You - “Never will you attain the good [reward] until you spend [in the way of Allah ] from that which you love. And whatever you spend – indeed, Allah is Knowing of it” [Quran 3:92].

Me - And this does even fewer favors. Do you know what "spending in the way of Allah means"? Apparently not or you wouldn't have included it. It means waging jihad.

There you go - asked and answered. Now, please feel free to continue pretending I didn't answer you, but you'll do so without further response.

Atheism produced the USSR

And religion has been around for thousands of years, atheism not so much

Forms of religion have been around as long as man could think and reason.
Atheism would have outdated that.

Forms of religion have been around as long as man could think and reason.
Atheism would have outdated that.

atheism has not been around as long as religion so crimes for religion is more often found

I most certainly did. In post #12 I answered your 3rd point:

You - “And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good” [Quran 2:195].

Me - Allah describes 'doing good' as fighting for Islam. He started saying this after Mohamed's move to Medina. It starts with verse 2:216, "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not". And it only gets worse from there.

In post #14 I answered you 1st, 2nd, and 4th points:

You - “And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought” [Quran 30:21].

Me- All that means is that God created women for men. Nothing new there.

You - “The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy” [Quran 49:10].

Me - This one does you no favors. Note the underlined word. That means only Muslims are brothers to each other. The rest of us are al kafarina, and therefore unworthy of brotherhood.

You - “Never will you attain the good [reward] until you spend [in the way of Allah ] from that which you love. And whatever you spend – indeed, Allah is Knowing of it” [Quran 3:92].

Me - And this does even fewer favors. Do you know what "spending in the way of Allah means"? Apparently not or you wouldn't have included it. It means waging jihad.

There you go - asked and answered. Now, please feel free to continue pretending I didn't answer you, but you'll do so without further response.

whast the matter with that

This is way to childish to respond to.

It was going to add to my argument but turns out she is a atheist

I am not an atheist :) There is a difference between belief in a Higher Power, God if you like, and man-made religion. Religion is a social construction for social control. It is the belief system put together by one man (usually), supported by his followers, in order to have people in a society live the way the man decides they should. God is above all of that.

I am not an atheist :) There is a difference between belief in a Higher Power, God if you like, and man-made religion. Religion is a social construction for social control. It is the belief system put together by one man (usually), supported by his followers, in order to have people in a society live the way the man decides they should. God is above all of that.

Best definition of Islam ever.

The thing that is beyond my ability to understand is that Mohamed had absolutely NOTHING to offer by way of proof that he was receiving revelations from God, AND even though he contradicted himself several times and obviously made **** up as he went along, we still have 1.5 billion people who live by every word he ever uttered. How the **** is that even possible????

Best definition of Islam ever.

The thing that is beyond my ability to understand is that Mohamed had absolutely NOTHING to offer by way of proof that he was receiving revelations from God, AND even though he contradicted himself several times and obviously made **** up as he went along, we still have 1.5 billion people who live by every word he ever uttered. How the **** is that even possible????

This is what happened, You will believe it, and live by it, or we will kill you.

You are born into the religion, you know nothing else.
If you are male, there are some benefits.
If you are female STFU and make my food.

Back
Top Bottom