• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pakistan calls for labeling organizations critical of Islam as terrorists

Yasureoktoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
“UN: Pakistan suggests labeling of anti-Islam, anti-Muslim organisations as terrorists,” Ary News, March 27, 2020 (thanks to The Religion of Peace):

The United Nations (UN) held a consultative meeting today (Friday) focusing on anti-terrorism efforts across the world, ARY News reported.
During the observatory session, Pakistan asked the global peace making body to declare all organisations working against Islam and spreading hate and propaganda in its name with anti-Muslim agendas as terrorists.
Pakistan specified organisations in the South Asian belt carrying out great atrocities against Muslim minorities residing in different countries of the region.
Pakistan said that the United Nations should closely monitor and devise policies on hateful and racist ideologies like ‘Hindutva’.
Pakistan also gave a plethora of suggestions in this regard so that an all-encompassing policy could be devised on the matter if the global body chooses so….

Makes perfect sense. We provide 22% of the funding for the UN, China provides 12.5, the EU 30. But who does the UN kiss up too? It ain't the U.S.
Sounds like another place we need to cut back on some of our funding.

The UN... proving itself to be even more useless with each passing day.

The UN... proving itself to be even more useless with each passing day.

Makes perfect sense. We provide 22% of the funding for the UN, China provides 12.5, the EU 30. But who does the UN kiss up too? It ain't the U.S.
Sounds like another place we need to cut back on some of our funding.

The UN didn't do anything, this is Pakistan doing it.

The UN didn't do anything, this is Pakistan doing it.

The UN is hosting the effort, and hearing from Pakistan calling for any "anti-Islam or anti-Muslim organisations" to be declared as terrorists.

This is no different than having Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia and Libya of all nations sit on the UN human rights council. At one point Saudi Arabia sat on that council, and all of these nations still have varying degrees of control and law that is anything but human rights oriented.

So now we have the epically useless UN talking about anti-terrorism efforts and the best Pakistan can come up with is adding anyone critical to a terrorist list.

I am sorry, the case is closed... the UN is a worthless useless organization of squabbling bureaucrats from across the globe each with various intentions and motivations all devoid of anything resembling international unity or consensus to address some issue.

Others are right, it is time for us to walk away from all that foolishness and certainly quit funding them to the levels we do.

Others are right, it is time for us to walk away from all that foolishness and certainly quit funding them to the levels we do.

And if there is one suggestion, real or imagined, against the Jews, every Muslim country will vote for it.

“UN: Pakistan suggests labeling of anti-Islam, anti-Muslim organisations as terrorists,” Ary News, March 27, 2020 (thanks to The Religion of Peace):

The United Nations (UN) held a consultative meeting today (Friday) focusing on anti-terrorism efforts across the world, ARY News reported.
During the observatory session, Pakistan asked the global peace making body to declare all organisations working against Islam and spreading hate and propaganda in its name with anti-Muslim agendas as terrorists.
Pakistan specified organisations in the South Asian belt carrying out great atrocities against Muslim minorities residing in different countries of the region.
Pakistan said that the United Nations should closely monitor and devise policies on hateful and racist ideologies like ‘Hindutva’.
Pakistan also gave a plethora of suggestions in this regard so that an all-encompassing policy could be devised on the matter if the global body chooses so….

Your fixation on Islam is worrying, from your pfp to all your posts

All Americans should learn about all religions, and NO ONE should listen to this

Actually with religions having effect on the behavior of the population.

Islam is the one they should learn.
And I don't mean learn it from the two most obvious places.

Read the Qur'an.

There is little you can learn about Islam by reading the Qur'an,
And if you don't read it correctly, most of what you think you learned is wrong.

Ask a muslim.
No, you will learn about his sect, and there are 73 killing each other.
He also has orders to lie to you.

No, you need to read the original text, then you can evaluate the different sects objectively.

Actually with religions having effect on the behavior of the population.

Islam is the one they should learn.
And I don't mean learn it from the two most obvious places.

Read the Qur'an.

There is little you can learn about Islam by reading the Qur'an,
And if you don't read it correctly, most of what you think you learned is wrong.

Ask a muslim.
No, you will learn about his sect, and there are 73 killing each other.
He also has orders to lie to you.

No, you need to read the original text, then you can evaluate the different sects objectively.

Ok I will read the Quran

“And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought” [Quran 30:21].

How nice!

“The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy” [Quran 49:10].

Cool!

“And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good” [Quran 2:195].

Calling for good? What a nice religion

“Never will you attain the good [reward] until you spend [in the way of Allah ] from that which you love. And whatever you spend – indeed, Allah is Knowing of it” [Quran 3:92].

BE good in love!

Nice tips Quran

Seriously, I don't get the conservatives with their anti-muslim hate, the religions are similar, the homelands of Muslims are in war because America an Israel love OIL!!!!!!!!

Ok I will read the Quran

“And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought” [Quran 30:21].

How nice!

“The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy” [Quran 49:10].

Cool!

“Never will you attain the good [reward] until you spend [in the way of Allah ] from that which you love. And whatever you spend – indeed, Allah is Knowing of it” [Quran 3:92].

BE good in love!

Nice tips Quran

Seriously, I don't get the conservatives with their anti-muslim hate, the religions are similar, the homelands of Muslims are in war because America an Israel love OIL!!!!!!!!

Allah describes 'doing good' as fighting for Islam. He started saying this after Mohamed's move to Medina. It starts with verse 2:216, "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not". And it only gets worse from there.

Context's a bitch.

Allah describes 'doing good' as fighting for Islam. He started saying this after Mohamed's move to Medina. It starts with verse 2:216, "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not". And it only gets worse from there.

Context's a bitch.

Why are you ignoring my quotes?

Why are you ignoring my quotes?

I'm not. I answered the third quote. But, just for completeness I'll do the rest of them too (btw, your attempt at cherry picking was pretty poor):

- “And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought” [Quran 30:21].

All that means is that God created women for men. Nothing new there.

- “The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy” [Quran 49:10].

This one does you no favors. Note the underlined word. That means only Muslims are brothers to each other. The rest of us are al kafarina, and therefore unworthy of brotherhood.

- “Never will you attain the good [reward] until you spend [in the way of Allah ] from that which you love. And whatever you spend – indeed, Allah is Knowing of it” [Quran 3:92].

And this does even fewer favors. Do you know what "spending in the way of Allah means"? Apparently not or you wouldn't have included it. It means waging jihad.

Your ignorance of Islam was well demonstrated. Quit while you're behind.

I'm not. I answered the third quote. But, just for completeness I'll do the rest of them too (btw, your attempt at cherry picking was pretty poor):

- “And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought” [Quran 30:21].

All that means is that God created women for men. Nothing new there.

- “The believers are but brothers, so make settlement between your brothers. And fear Allah that you may receive mercy” [Quran 49:10].

This one does you no favors. Note the underlined word. That means only Muslims are brothers to each other. The rest of us are al kafarina, and therefore unworthy of brotherhood.

- “Never will you attain the good [reward] until you spend [in the way of Allah ] from that which you love. And whatever you spend – indeed, Allah is Knowing of it” [Quran 3:92].

And this does even fewer favors. Do you know what "spending in the way of Allah means"? Apparently not or you wouldn't have included it. It means waging jihad.

Your ignorance of Islam was well demonstrated. Quit while you're behind.

You are also cherry picking verses of WAR, not laws, so you really dont have an argument

Ok I will read the Quran

How nice!

Cool!

BE good in love!

Nice tips Quran

It s extremely important, if you are going to read the Qur'an for educational purposes, you know the correct way to read it.
Most Muslims do not.

If you do not, and do a cover to cover, like any other book, most of what you thought you learned is wrong.

Context's a bitch.

"Good Muslims", are very evil people.

It s extremely important, if you are going to read the Qur'an for educational purposes, you know the correct way to read it.
Most Muslims do not.

If you do not, and do a cover to cover, like any other book, most of what you thought you learned is wrong.

It is their own religion but you know how to read the Quran? Sure

I have read some of the Quran

It is their own religion but you know how to read the Quran? Sure

I have read some of the Quran

Actually that is correct.
The Qur'an is Jibberish, written on a 6th grade level, no context, no storyline,
And if you do not know the correct way to read it, most of what you learned is wrong.
Most muslims do not.

And yes, I know more about Islam than most Muslims do.

Actually that is correct.
The Qur'an is Jibberish, written on a 6th grade level, no context, no storyline,
And if you do not know the correct way to read it, most of what you learned is wrong.
Most muslims do not.

And yes, I know more about Islam than most Muslims do.

Wrong, the quran and the Bible is better than anything atheists have produced

You are also cherry picking verses of WAR, not laws, so you really dont have an argument

Let me introduce to the word Abrogation....

Naskh (نسخ) is an Arabic word usually translated as "abrogation". In Islamic legal exegesis (or tafsir), naskh is a theory developed to resolve seemingly contradictory rulings of Islamic revelation by superseding or canceling the earlier revelation.

If you read the Quran, it needs to be read not as it is, but chronologically. You will see that all the nice verses in the Quran (mostly stolen from Judaism, which is ironic) are abrogated by the later, violent verses. It is not cherry picking, it is following the rules of abrogation. Any Muslim who follows the Mecca verses but does not follow the Medina verses (the later verses) is not following Islam as ordained by Mohammad. Non-Muslims who do not know the facts will carry on no doubt, but it won't change the facts.

Naskh (نسخ) is an Arabic word usually translated as "abrogation". In Islamic legal exegesis (or tafsir), naskh is a theory developed to resolve seemingly contradictory rulings of Islamic revelation by superseding or canceling the earlier revelation.

If you read the Quran, it needs to be read not as it is, but chronologically. You will see that all the nice verses in the Quran (mostly stolen from Judaism, which is ironic) are abrogated by the later, violent verses. It is not cherry picking, it is following the rules of abrogation. Any Muslim who follows the Mecca verses but does not follow the Medina verses (the later verses) is not following Islam as ordained by Mohammad. Non-Muslims who do not know the facts will carry on no doubt, but it won't change the facts.

are you Christian?

Excellent response.

Ironically many Muslims have no knowledge of abrogation, as is evident in the so called " Bridge building events".

Back
Top Bottom