• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Painting found under tree in Romania believed to be Picasso stolen in ‘theft of the century’

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.rt.com/news/444316-stolen-picasso-found-romania/

Experts in Romania are examining a painting to determine whether it is Pablo Picasso’s “Tête d’Arlequin” which was lifted from a Dutch museum in 2012 as part of the “theft of the century.”

In one of the most dramatic art heists ever accomplished robbers swiped seven paintings, worth millions of dollars, by Picasso, Monet, Gauguin and others from Rotterdam’s Kunsthal museum six years ago.
===========================================
Guilty consciences? Cold feet? Prospective buyer/client died? A mystery that may never be solved but hopefully this valuable art work will be returned to that museum.

But what of the other paintings that were taken?

Please note that not everything that appears on RT is Russian misinformation.

https://www.rt.com/news/444316-stolen-picasso-found-romania/

Experts in Romania are examining a painting to determine whether it is Pablo Picasso’s “Tête d’Arlequin” which was lifted from a Dutch museum in 2012 as part of the “theft of the century.”

In one of the most dramatic art heists ever accomplished robbers swiped seven paintings, worth millions of dollars, by Picasso, Monet, Gauguin and others from Rotterdam’s Kunsthal museum six years ago.
===========================================
Guilty consciences? Cold feet? Prospective buyer/client died? A mystery that may never be solved but hopefully this valuable art work will be returned to that museum.

But what of the other paintings that were taken?

Please note that not everything that appears on RT is Russian misinformation.

Picasso sucks... looks like he was an angry user when he painted.

Last edited:
What do you plan to do? Gather a merry band of art haters? Then what are you gonna do with 'em?

I love art... just not his crap.

Too narrow. You won't get near the number of takers.

Picasso sux... just a fact. Can't understand why so many people are duped into trusting "critics" and their worthless opinions...

Picasso sux... just a fact. Can't understand why so many people are duped into trusting "critics" and their worthless opinions...
Thankfully art purveyors dont listen to your opinion when it comes to art.

You've become an art critic then?

Thankfully art purveyors dont listen to your opinion when it comes to art.

They should... I am more qualified than most of the critics out there...

You've become an art critic then?

Yes. Actually I am ... but this is not about me... this is about the quality of Picasso's "art". His use of color is atrocious.

Yes. Actually I am ... but this is not about me... this is about the quality of Picasso's "art". His use of color is atrocious.

I bet you are. And I respect your assessment of the value of a critics' opinion.

I bet you are. And I respect your assessment of the value of a critics' opinion.

By the very definition we are all critics... although with my training I am a more qualified one.

I love art... just not his crap.

I am actually in camp with you on that one.

Here is a Picasso painting "Les Menines et la Vie"
028[1].jpg

And here is a painting I have hanging in my house. I think I paid no more than a couple hundred for it while the Picasso sold for a mil probably.
IMG_1729[1].jpg

Am certain art critics would raise their eyebrows at my "cheap" painting but for me it is perfect. A couple walking their dog.
If someone offered to give me a Picasso painting with the condition I could not sell it I would say No thank you.

Now if someone offered me a Dogs Playing Poker painting duh.

[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

All art sucks. I'm not sure why you're choosing just one artist. I don't understand why people pay such mind to the works of slackers who don't bother to get real jobs; instead they play with clay, paint, and whatever else.

yeah ? What are your qualifications? Mr. Art expert.

I could make up anything on a forum like this but rest assured that my qualifications are solid.

He was also a communist.

All art sucks. I'm not sure why you're choosing just one artist. I don't understand why people pay such mind to the works of slackers who don't bother to get real jobs; instead they play with clay, paint, and whatever else.

That is incorrect.

I hope they did not burn the two Monet pics.

No, it isn't. Just because some grownups haven't gotten past their scribbling and playing with clay phases doesn't mean we have to continue enabling them.

It was incorrect on multiple levels... but that is fine.

You don't like art. That is also fine. I kinda find that impossible though... as art comes in many forms and you are bound to like something in life that was created by a person.

It was incorrect on multiple levels... but that is fine.

You don't like art. That is also fine. I kinda find that impossible though... as art comes in many forms and you are bound to like something in life that was created by a person.

That hasn't happened yet. Every time I look at a piece of art created by a person I can't help but think how that energy could have been used to create some practical solution; like gum that doesn't stick to sidewalks. Our ability to think abstractly is better suited to problem solving than art. Now this on the other hand is far more impressive:

What abstract concept were these animals trying to convey? I am endlessly fascinated by the mounds the snails in my aquariums create; are they attempting to make pyramids? Is there some intelligence that compelled humans and other animals to create this kind of shape? So many questions.

That hasn't happened yet. Every time I look at a piece of art created by a person I can't help but think how that energy could have been used to create some practical solution; like gum that doesn't stick to sidewalks. Our ability to think abstractly is better suited to problem solving than art. Now this on the other hand is far more impressive:

What abstract concept were these animals trying to convey? I am endlessly fascinated by the mounds the snails in my aquariums create; are they attempting to make pyramids? Is there some intelligence that compelled humans and other animals to create this kind of shape? So many questions.

Buildings are art. Cars are art. Nike shoes are art. Coffee tables are art. Guitars are art.

Pretty sure that there is something out there that you like...

Back
Top Bottom