• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Paid Surveys: Are they scams?

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I've been researching various ways to make quick money online and I have seen these 'paid surveys' in the past. I'm just wondering, to any who've experience with them, are they worth it and how do they pay you over the internet? (I presume you enter checking/bank account information or something).

Any help would be much appreciated.

I've been researching various ways to make quick money online and I have seen these 'paid surveys' in the past. I'm just wondering, to any who've experience with them, are they worth it and how do they pay you over the internet? (I presume you enter checking/bank account information or something).

Some are. Some are not. Same with research studies.

In general, the pay is low enough that most people are better off spending their time on other money making activity.

I used to do these paid surveys years ago.
I received checks in the mail. I never given my bank account or personal info as they can pass the information to third parties along with your selections. They can find out who you are and what you are dealing with personally.
BTW...depending on the survey I received from $25.00 to $50.00.
I question the company who does the survey and contacted the BBB and Verisign for verification.
If both parties give results then you go from there. If they haven't or never heard of the survey company you move on.
I would like to add the checks took between 60 to 90 days for delivery.

I found this really easy way to make money. Haven't received my check yet but this Nigerian prince said that the 10K I gave him has turned into 100K!

All joking aside, I don't trust any bank info on an unsecure, non-banking website.

I used to do these paid surveys years ago.
I received checks in the mail. I never given my bank account or personal info as they can pass the information to third parties along with your selections. They can find out who you are and what you are dealing with personally.
BTW...depending on the survey I received from $25.00 to $50.00.
I question the company who does the survey and contacted the BBB and Verisign for verification.
If both parties give results then you go from there. If they haven't or never heard of the survey company you move on.
I would like to add the checks took between 60 to 90 days for delivery.
And how long did the surveys take?

I do them occasionally, always take my payouts in Amazon gift cards and might make $50-100 a month if I try. You can also take payouts to Paypal if you link your account to the survey company. Have no interest in doing that, hence Amazon. It all depends on how much time you have, you'll make more money getting a minimum wage job.

I have known people who do it. It averages out to less than minimum wage.

I have been doing surveys @ Swagbucks for 3+ years now. A dedicated person can make a couple hundred dollars a month but it can be frustrating and very time consuming. You will go threw 10 surveys that you do not qualify for before finding one that will let you complete and then there are those that do not pay you once have completed it. Surveys @ Swagbucks typically pay 30 cents to $1.50 and take 5-15 mins to complete. They also have other ways to make a little like watching vids that pay 2 cents per vid. I personally play 10 vids at once so it isnt to bad but these are generally very limited in quantity. They also have many other things that you can do for a couple cents here and there but I have not found them to be worth the time and effort. The do offer many payment solutions including paypal and a slew of gift cards.

If you find a good and reliable survey site please share. I am always looking for more or something better.

I have been doing surveys @ Swagbucks for 3+ years now. A dedicated person can make a couple hundred dollars a month but it can be frustrating and very time consuming. You will go threw 10 surveys that you do not qualify for before finding one that will let you complete and then there are those that do not pay you once have completed it. Surveys @ Swagbucks typically pay 30 cents to $1.50 and take 5-15 mins to complete. They also have other ways to make a little like watching vids that pay 2 cents per vid. I personally play 10 vids at once so it isnt to bad but these are generally very limited in quantity. They also have many other things that you can do for a couple cents here and there but I have not found them to be worth the time and effort. The do offer many payment solutions including paypal and a slew of gift cards.

If you find a good and reliable survey site please share. I am always looking for more or something better.

iPoll used to suck but they just redid the site and not only have I qualified for more polls, but when you redeem points, it's instant. You used to have to wait 6 weeks before you got your prize, now you turn it in and within a minute or two, it's in your e-mail.

And how long did the surveys take?
Depending on the company(which uses various survey publications) it can take up to a half hour. On the bottom they show the duration line which tells you how far along you're going. You can stop at any time if you feel fatigue. There is a tab where it will send you a reminder to continue where you left off.
I caution the ones that offer points for prizes. They usually take too long and the points awarded are small.
I want to add businesses hire companies who do the surveys.
The downside of taking surveys is of course,passing your information to third parties...which may lead to unauthorized spamming.
I have asked my ISP to block these sites along with the original surveyors when feeling tired or fed up.
Just use caution.

Depending on the company(which uses various survey publications) it can take up to a half hour. On the bottom they show the duration line which tells you how far along you're going. You can stop at any time if you feel fatigue. There is a tab where it will send you a reminder to continue where you left off.
I caution the ones that offer points for prizes. They usually take too long and the points awarded are small.
I want to add businesses hire companies who do the surveys.
The downside of taking surveys is of course,passing your information to third parties...which may lead to unauthorized spamming.
I have asked my ISP to block these sites along with the original surveyors when feeling tired or fed up.
Just use caution.
Thanks for the reply.

Well, on paper $25-50 per 1/2 hour probably sounds a reasonable rate for many people, but I suspect the actual time spent on the whole project to get the survey & complete it is quite a bit more.

FWIW, there's plenty of non-ISP email services to provide some separation/isolation in that matter.

Back
Top Bottom