• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Packing at the republican convention

Wiggen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Apparently there is a petition out with 50,000 + signatures to allow convention delegates to carry guns on the floor of the convention.

Petition pushes to allow guns at GOP convention - CNNPolitics.com

Evidently the loons that signed it didn't know it was satirical and thought they'd really be allowed to pack heat. Too bad, really. It might have got me to watch the convention.

Apparently there is a petition out with 50,000 + signatures to allow convention delegates to carry guns on the floor of the convention.
Evidently the loons that signed it didn't know it was satirical and thought they'd really be allowed to pack heat. Too bad, really. It might have got me to watch the convention.

Well until it came down to open carry at the convention the PUB panderers decried 'gun' free zones as a travesty against the Founding Fathers and the Constitution. I find this example of over blown rhetoric being flung back at them as a great example of be careful what you use to arouse the rabid right...

Now the message is everyone from the Orange guy to rebus pubis is fine with the rabid right's open carry among the 'commoners' but not around the PUB leadership... :peace

Yep. You have to admit it would have been fun to see the Gunfight at the OK Corral re-enacted by the Trumpies and the Cruzers, though.

Apparently, as you say, 'open carry' is just dandy until - you know - our lives might actually be threatened.

Wasn't this subject covered in another thread for the past week or more?

BTW, I like your signature - it's sorta like Bill Gates' quote that went something like 640K RAM was all that anyone would ever need....

They should have been packin' at the Republican debate. They could have narrowed the field from 17 to 1 a lot faster and with much less pain infliction on the rest of us.

Wasn't this subject covered in another thread for the past week or more?

What are you - the thread police? If you don't like it, ignore it.

BTW, I like your signature - it's sorta like Bill Gates' quote that went something like 640K RAM was all that anyone would ever need....

Thanks. Just one more example of how people who are supposed experts in their fields can be spectacularly wrong!

What are you - the thread police? If you don't like it, ignore it.

I missed the announcement that you were made a moderator - even as an April Fool's joke, that would fall flat.

If you don't like posters commenting in and about your OP, don't create duplicate threads.

Have a wonderful day.

Who are you concerned about 'packing heat' at the convention? The reality is if this were legal (as in not forbidden by the venue owners) and the attendees were conservative law abiding citizens it wouldnt matter if one or 50,000 in attendance were carrying.

Unfortunately...this petition initiative was started by a liberal and were it legal, you can bet there would be individuals that would go there and intentionally create problems like the douchebags they are. Very telling that douchebags have to create the problem so they can get spun up about it.

The joke on SNL was that it was decided that you couldn't bring guns into the Repub Convention. It was decided that people should buy their guns inside, like everyone else.

Guns, violent angry people, a political convention where the nominee is hotly contested. What could possibly go wrong?

The joke on SNL was that it was decided that you couldn't bring guns into the Repub Convention. It was decided that people should buy their guns inside, like everyone else.

Guns, violent angry people, a political convention where the nominee is hotly contested. What could possibly go wrong?

Make great tv, though!

Back
Top Bottom