• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

PA Police Chief Kessler teaches basic hand gun technique....

Moot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Ya know, I don't know why I didn't see it before but TD is right, citizens should have the same guns the police have...and the same training that Police Chief Kessler has. Then we can all feel much safer. yaaaaa...

Ya know, I don't know why I didn't see it before but TD is right, citizens should have the same guns the police have...and the same training that Police Chief Kessler has. Then we can all feel much safer. yaaaaa...

so the point of your rant is

1) cops aren't safe enough to have guns

2) we non LEO citizens are responsible for his stupidity

3) this will keep criminals from having guns

most cops shoot less than 200 rounds a year

I shoot that every week

Actually there is nothing wrong with his technique? His language could use some work, but other than that it is fine.

So I guess you have no real point.

I shoot that every week

Military is even worse. We qualified once a year.

Actually there is nothing wrong with his technique? His language could use some work, but other than that it is fine.

So I guess you have no real point.

Yup, it is a moot point.

I quit paying attention at "get a Serpa".
Not that there is anything wrong them, but its best to get what you are most comfortable with and a Serpa duty rig is not what you need for concealed carry.
Calling his targets on Youtube Nacy Pelosi is also amaturish at best as well.

Calling his targets on Youtube Nacy Pelosi is also amaturish at best as well.

Yea, but it's better than a clown wearing a Nancy Pelosi mask. Just a standard photo of her would suffice for a clown mask though.

Personally, I kind of like his in your face manner; it pisses off the liberals.

I shoot that every week

I have always fancied myslef as an independent individiual and coudnut wait til I moved awaaay frum parental authority so y the **** wood I trust a an imbiclile like kessler to provived sucuity???? it beyund my coprehesions especially aftr drunikng humade moonshine an tuth be told half century later??? hmmm??? I luv y man. LOL i'm happy beligerantly dunk now. wooheee haaaa lol **** you. lol

eeeeee haaaaa haa aaa walh it saturaya unt am fellin fine....

come an git me mutha ****ers. lol

my feinds will understanad. yeeehaa.

Last edited:
I have always fancied myslef as an independent individiual and coudnut wait til I moved awaaay frum parental authority so y the **** wood I trust a an imbiclile like kessler to provived sucuity???? it beyund my coprehesions especially aftr drunikng humade moonshine an tuth be told half century later??? hmmm??? I luv y man. LOL i'm happy beligerantly dunk now. wooheee haaaa lol **** you. lol

why would I need advice from a guy I can clearly out shoot?

he has some valid points though

what was your point of putting that up there?

i luv ya man. lol just be glad im not drivin. lol

or i migtht give kesler apiecie of my mind. lol yyyeeeaha

Last edited:

my cognitive reality at the moment is on par with kesslers cognitive reality allt the time. so wut s the problem?

dam don't under estimatel the potential of homamade moonshine to kicko buttttt. Its so so merickan; r 4 fatthers were raised on this ****.

Last edited:
my cognitive reality at the moment is on par with kesslers cognitive reality allt the time. so wut s the problem?

dam don't under estimatel the potential of homamade moonshine to kicko buttttt. Its so so merickan; r 4 fatthers were raised on this ****.

what was the point of this moronic thread in the first place?

what was the point of this moronic thread in the first place?
to show wut imbilciles gun nuts really are. especially when they have power over others.

to show wut imbilciles gun nuts really are. especially when they have power over others.

I think your thread is showing who the true imbecile really is.

I think reality isnn;'t wut you think ti is. Kessler is a moron of first caliber and he's got the bullets to prove it.

I think reality isnn;'t wut you think ti is. Kessler is a moron of first caliber and he's got the bullets to prove it.

Give her a break. Don't you remember when you had your first drink?

Seriously, don't go by anything that guy said, and don't think for a second that this idiot represents everyone in the firearms community. Shooting from the hip like he did is stupid and dangerous because you don't have a positive sight on the target. Especially when you have to draw your weapon in a very stressful situation. Drawing the weapon to the position where you can get a proper sight picture takes a split second, and with the right firearm and sights, target acquisition is equally fast.

I'll also add that Serpa holsters are crap, unless you're a cop. They have a locking mechanism in a goofy spot, and it's just not worth it when there are better holsters on the market. Leather is a far superior holster material, because it won't mar the finish on your pistol, and it's flexible, which means it flexes when you move, instead of having a rigid block of plasic digging into your hip.

Seriously, don't go by anything that guy said, and don't think for a second that this idiot represents everyone in the firearms community.
I don't. Well, maybe a little I do. I think all cops should have to pass psychiatric tests before they can become cops.

Shooting from the hip like he did is stupid and dangerous because you don't have a positive sight on the target. Especially when you have to draw your weapon in a very stressful situation. Drawing the weapon to the position where you can get a proper sight picture takes a split second, and with the right firearm and sights, target acquisition is equally fast.

Yes, I thought shooting from the hip seemed a bit odd, too. But then if you're that close to your target that might be all you can do. But I don't know of many gun ranges that let you shoot that close to the target. Maybe there are some but I haven't seen any.

I'll also add that Serpa holsters are crap, unless you're a cop. They have a locking mechanism in a goofy spot, and it's just not worth it when there are better holsters on the market. Leather is a far superior holster material, because it won't mar the finish on your pistol, and it's flexible, which means it flexes when you move, instead of having a rigid block of plasic digging into your hip.

I just read that someone almost shot their foot off because of a Serpa holster. Why would cops have them if they're crap?

SERPA Holsters Should Be Discontinued | The Truth About Guns

I saw a movie once where the guy didn't even take the gun out of the holster...he just tilted it up and shot. Is that only in the movies or do they really make a holster like that?

I don't. Well, maybe a little I do. I think all cops should have to pass psychiatric tests before they can become cops.
Some police forces do have something like that. I know that the city police here have to undergo physical exams that include a mental health section.

Yes, I thought shooting from the hip seemed a bit odd, too. But then if you're that close to your target that might be all you can do. But I don't know of many gun ranges that let you shoot that close to the target. Maybe there are some but I haven't seen any.
I wouldn't think there are any, since it's a huge safety risk.

I just read that someone almost shot their foot off because of a Serpa holster. Why would cops have them if they're crap?
Because the locking mechanism is in an odd place, which is supposed to aid in preventing someone from taking the gun out of their holster. They had them in the PX when I was stationed in New Mexico. One read of the description and I stuck with the issued nylon holster.

I saw a movie once where the guy didn't even take the gun out of the holster...he just tilted it up and shot. Is that only in the movies or do they really make a holster like that?
I'm sure something like that could be custom made, but I don't see any legitimate use for something like that.

Back
Top Bottom