• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Republican Gov. Tom Corbett compared the marriage of same-sex couples to the marriage of a brother and sister during an appearance on a Friday morning TV news show.The Pennsylvania governor was on WHP-TV in Harrisburg speaking about gay marriage when an anchor asked about a statement his lawyers made in a recent court filing, comparing the marriage of gay couples to the marriage of children because neither can legally wed in the state.
"It was an inappropriate analogy, you know," Corbett said. "I think a much better analogy would have been brother and sister, don't you?"

Typical "conservative/republican" ignorance. :roll:

What a douche nozzle.

So he's saying homosexual = incest

A true moron in so many ways.

Typical "conservative/republican" ignorance. :roll:

What a douche nozzle.

Ugh. Stuff like this is why we wont win a re-election next year. He should have stepped aside for a better candidate it's like Corbett has been trying to write a book on how to lose a campaign.

It's good to know that some government officials are completely uneducated on this topic.

Ugh. Stuff like this is why we wont win a re-election next year. He should have stepped aside for a better candidate it's like Corbett has been trying to write a book on how to lose a campaign.

It's like what Corzine did in NJ back in 2009.

Corbett has just left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. With the gutting of education, the refusal to tax gas companies among other things, it is incredibly unlikely that he will will be reelected in Pa.

Typical "conservative/republican" ignorance. :rol What a douche nozzle.

It's an odd analogy but makes sense from the fact that homosexuality is as abnormal as incest and not to mention the slippery slope gay marriage represents.... Hell, gay marriage by de facto discriminates against others in "taboo" relationships...

I don't think it takes a "conservative" to realize that... An intelligent person of any political affiliation (or no political affiliation at all) can see that...

It's an odd analogy but makes sense from the fact that homosexuality is as abnormal as incest and not to mention the slippery slope gay marriage represents.....

So unfortunate that there are people who actually think, believe, and vocalize absolute horse excrement like the above.

Truly sad.

Truly ignorant.

Corbett has just left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. With the gutting of education, the refusal to tax gas companies among other things, it is incredibly unlikely that he will will be reelected in Pa.

I'm more upset at how poorly he's handled liquor privatization. As for gas my big thing has always been that I think we should be creating a state sovereign wealth fund (SWF) to help plan for the future instead of feeding right back into the budget today. I wouldn't mind a small tax on certain types of gas development but I don't want to increase the overhead too much since we already have a decent state corporate tax of 10% (more if you have offices in Philadelphia or Pittsburg which some of them do).

As for the state education system I'm honestly unsure of what needs to be done. I think part of the problem is that the system is so warped nationally that we don't feed enough students who's families could actually afford in-state tuition into the university system. To change that you'd have to start adjusting the way federal loans for out of state and private education work so they were more reflective of actual borrowing potential i.e. less accessible. That way you'd refocus a lot of families back to our state schools and make them more self-sustaining.

So unfortunate that there are people who actually think, believe, and vocalize absolute horse excrement like the above.

Truly sad.

Truly ignorant.

Just because you disagree doesn't make it not fact.... You just don't like it because you're partisan and take sides and don't give a **** what the rational counter argument is because you view it as a partisan political statement rather than a rational argument.

Gay marriage discriminates against cousins who want incestrial marriage, polygamy, marriage to pets or inanimate objects etc... what about them??? you going to discriminate against them?

No true ignorance is only focusing on one idea and ignoring the rest....

Gay marriage discriminates against cousins who want incestrial marriage, polygamy, marriage to pets....
No true ignorance is only focusing on one idea and ignoring the rest....

And there it is....the last bastion of insanity....relating homosexuality to bestiality.

And you have the nerve to talk about other people's ignorance. What a laugh.

My position is simple. SSM hurts nobody, has zero effect on heterosexuals and hetero-marriage, and when viewed honestly, is far more "moral" due to it's being monogamous.

What happens in the bedroom between two consenting adults is none of my business. And none of yours and certainly none of the government's.

From the feces-laden speeches I've heard coming from "conservatives" about smaller government and less government intrusion, I'd think ssm wouldn't be an issue for them.

But alas, most appear to be enormous hypocrites.

As evidenced here.

And there it is....the last bastion of insanity....relating homosexuality to bestiality.

And you have the nerve to talk about other people's ignorance. What a laugh.

My position is simple. SSM hurts nobody, has zero effect on heterosexuals and hetero-marriage, and when viewed honestly, is far more "moral" due to it's being monogamous.

What happens in the bedroom between two consenting adults is none of my business. And none of yours and certainly none of the government's.

From the feces-laden speeches I've heard coming from "conservatives" about smaller government and less government intrusion, I'd think ssm wouldn't be an issue for them.

But alas, most appear to be enormous hypocrites.

As evidenced here.

You're intolerant.... You're the ones saying those who live "taboo lifestyles" don't count or are just "weird."

Yet you beg for tolerance..... So you want homosexuality to be normal but others who engage in fringe relationships don't matter to you.... So much for the "understanding, passion and tolerance" your party alleges to represent...

Once again it's all about you and your selfishness .... You only care about your social ideas and consider no one else...

Now who's the bigot?

It's an odd analogy but makes sense from the fact that homosexuality is as abnormal as incest and not to mention the slippery slope gay marriage represents.... Hell, gay marriage by de facto discriminates against others in "taboo" relationships...

I don't think it takes a "conservative" to realize that... An intelligent person of any political affiliation (or no political affiliation at all) can see that...

Is interracial marriage abnormal to you?

Gay marriage discriminates against cousins who want incestrial marriage,

For medical reasons - not moral reasons. Children born out of cousin marriages have a high incidence of developmental problems.

For legally pragamatic reasons - not moral ones. Who gets the house when a spouse dies?

marriage to pets or inanimate objects etc...

For legal reasons again - pets an inanimate objects can't consent.

Your lack of information as to why those marriages are illegal is showing.

Your posts are evidence enough.

It's you.

I treat individuals fairly....

I'm not going to let gays use their "gay card" as an excuse to take advantage of another or a business - they have right too you know???

People have the civil right to oppose gays (or oppose anything or anyone for that matter).... Gays aren't immune from criticism you know?

Oh yeah I forgot you don't value civil liberties for all - just gays and minorities...

I treat individuals fairly....

I'm not going to let gays use their "gay card" as an excuse to take advantage of another or a business - they have right too you know???

People have the civil right to oppose gays (or oppose anything or anyone for that matter).... Gays aren't immune from criticism you know?

Oh yeah I forgot you don't value civil liberties for all - just gays and minorities...

What business/other would gays be taking advantage of by having their marriage be recognized just as heterosexuals?

What business/other would gays be taking advantage of by having their marriage be recognized just as heterosexuals?

There marriages are recognized as heterosexuals...

Of course your ilk makes it seem as if gays are slaves that cant vote, have to drink in different drinking fountains, ride the back of the bus and cant eat a meal in a restaurant...

I'm getting sick of this "gay rights" ****.....

There marriages are recognized as heterosexuals...

No - their marriages are not recognized. In essence, you are asking them to become heterosexuals in order to reach the same benefits heterosexuals get by their nature. How Libertarian of you. Where else should we apply such authoritarian logic? Race? It's easy - blacks can no longer marry whites, because they can also marry blacks. That the way it works champ?

Another TEAgov going off the rails.
Same gov who covered for Sandusky before he was elected in 2010.
Taking back these govs from criminals like Corbett will reverse 2010 next year.

No - their marriages are not recognized. In essence, you are asking them to become heterosexuals in order to reach the same benefits heterosexuals get by their nature. How Libertarian of you. Where else should we apply such authoritarian logic? Race? It's easy - blacks can no longer marry whites, because they can also marry blacks. That the way it works champ?

Since the United States constitution doesn't recognize gay marriage how many state have used their Tenth Amendment right to grant civil unions???

Oh yeah but you're still stuck on "gay rights" as if gays are being systematically discriminated against...

The best part is that you actually have the ****ing audacity to believe that those opposed to homosexuality have NO RIGHTS... Which was an idea I posted in my previous post - an idea you completely ignored.

Since the United States constitution doesn't recognize gay marriage how many state have used their Tenth Amendment right to grant civil unions???

It doesn't mention the right to breath air either

The US constitution has nothing in it about interracial marriages. I'm asking you again: Should interracial marriages be discriminated against too?

We can discriminate against it on the same basis which you discriminate against gay marriage: A moral basis.

Yes or no question Mr. Libertarian.

Another TEAgov going off the rails.
Same gov who covered for Sandusky before he was elected in 2010.
Taking back these govs from criminals like Corbett will reverse 2010 next year.

"TEAgov" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...

At times you refer to us as "anarchists" then "fascists" - make up your ****ing mind already... come to a consensus...

Back
Top Bottom