• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

P&G Challenges Men to Shave Their ‘Toxic Masculinity’ in Gillette Ad

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.wsj.com/articles/p-g-ch...-toxic-masculinity-in-gillette-ad-11547467200

Gillette is embracing the #MeToo movement in a new digital ad campaign aimed at men, the latest message from an advertiser attempting to change societal norms.The ad, dubbed “We Believe,” opens with audio of news about the current #MeToo movement, bullying and “toxic masculinity.” A narrator then goes on to dispute the notion that “boys will be boys,” asking, “Is this the best a man can get? Is it? We can’t hide from it. It has been going on far too long. We can’t laugh it off, making the same old excuses.”

Well, I dunno if I still needed to buy their products I wouldn't. This **** has gone from lol to sad to kinda creepy....

I think that was a pretty silly, over-the-top commercial. Whatever.

The irony is too damn much.

"toxic masculinity" = another term invented by a group of idiots with nothing better to do with their lives.

"toxic masculinity" = another term invented by a group of idiots with nothing better to do with their lives.

If they are idiots, what does that make a person who can't even provide a reason for their statement?

If they are idiots, what does that make a person who can't even provide a reason for their statement?

In the topic of explaining the obvious, should he provide reason to why phrenology is bollogna as well? What about homeopathy?

A timely message poorly executed.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/p-g-ch...-toxic-masculinity-in-gillette-ad-11547467200

Well, I dunno if I still needed to buy their products I wouldn't. This **** has gone from lol to sad to kinda creepy....

I liked it. It's a solid message. There is definitely such a thing as "toxic masculinity."

What's wrong with encouraging men to take responsibility and behave like...gentlemen? Isn't it just promoting gentlemanly behavior? There used to be something called chivalry and honor.

Also, it got your attention. That's the #1 goal of advertising.

Color me shocked a company is tapping into what's going on in culture and exploring it. This sane company had no problem using semi nude women to hock it's products. In a few months they will move on to the next fade in their commercials

Make me happy I don't use their products.

Are they shaving their balls or something? That sounds dangerous. Terribly dangerous.

Can you, Roadvirus, provide an example of what people mean when they say “toxic masculinity?”

In the topic of explaining the obvious, should he provide reason to why phrenology is bollogna as well? What about homeopathy?

If he can’t even explain what homeopathy is why would he be capable of explaining why it’s bull****?

"Hup Two Three Four.......Onwards To UTOPIA!"

After enough beatings men will learn our own new rank, under women.

Before I got married I was happy to find myself under women as often as I could.

"Hup Two Three Four.......Onwards To UTOPIA!"

After enough beatings men will learn our own new rank, under women.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression.

Before I got married I was happy to find myself under women as often as I could.

You be you but please note that these now constant attacks on men are doing real damage to this society.

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression.

Which is why the feminists decided 20 years ago that equality is not good enough....that plus the simple calculation that men are dopes and can be guilted into being second class citizens, they decided "Why settle for equality when we can have the power over men?".

The answer of course is that settling for equality was the correct and decent thing to do, but since they dont care about correct and since they are immoral that did not matter.

You be you but please note that these now constant attacks on men are doing real damage to this society.

I know it's getting to the point you can't drug a woman to have sex or grab her ***** any more like the good old days.
Men need to take back their power and drag women around by the hair, if you drag em by the feet the ***** will fill up with sand so that's a no go.

All joking aside what damage is being done?

Which is why the feminists decided 20 years ago that equality is not good enough....that plus the simple calculation that men are dopes and can be guilted into being second class citizens, they decided "Why settle for equality when we can have the power over men?".

The answer of course is that settling for equality was the correct and decent thing to do, but since they dont care about correct and since they are immoral that did not matter.

100% of the people who think women are currently treated equally are men.

100% of the people who think women are currently treated equally are men.
Plenty of Trump supporting women think the same way. But then they're Trumpanzees so do they really count?

Wait. Do right wingers interpret this phrase as "being masculine is toxic?"

I know it's getting to the point you can't drug a woman to have sex or grab her ***** any more like the good old days.
Men need to take back their power and drag women around by the hair, if you drag em by the feet the ***** will fill up with sand so that's a no go.

All joking aside what damage is being done?

According to the commercial, you can't even see a pretty girl and go to try to talk to her and get to know her.

Back
Top Bottom