• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oz - Fetterman debate tonight

I can't imagine his docs or his wife didn't think it made sense for him to pull out after what was so obviously a very serious stroke.
Wasn't it Conor Lamb who ran against him? Just imagine what he is thinking now.
I know the timing was terribly inconvenient, just before the primary. But my gosh what an awkward position for the state and the voters of the state to be in right now. It's simply criminal that there hasn't been transparency and honesty on this and it's terribly unfair to PA voters.
IMHO, his wife (similar to Dr. Jill) is despicable for allowing their husbands to be used like this.

Last edited:
Dood...I made a general statement about people that blindly support a steaming pile of shit with a D next to his name, and you...without being bidden...rushed in and started smearing the shit all over yourself.

Better question you might ask yourself is why you would do that.
Uh, you're right. I wasn't "bidden". But I think when you post things on a public political forum, you are inviting comments. Duh. You sound so nasty and angry. Why is that?

IMHO, his wife (similar to Dr. Jill) are despicable for allowing their husbands to be used like this.
I agree. He's obviously got his own personal struggle and it's very real and very evident. To take someone fighting that kind of an already challenging personal battle - and turn them into a puppet who is expected to occasionally perform all alone - is just despicable. No one in that state needs or benefits from that level of increased stress and expectation.
Last night made it clear how high the degree of his struggle really is. That's a situation that needs compassion from one's loved ones, not pressure.
But here he is running for a U.S. Senate seat and PA and the country can't be expected to be the accepting caretaker of that situation. They have the right to expect someone who can perform the job. He's not even close to someone capable of a job like that - and his wife and his docs know that!

I agree. He's obviously got his own personal struggle and it's very real and very evident. To take someone fighting that kind of an already challenging personal battle - and turn them into a puppet who is expected to occasionally perform all alone - is just despicable. No one in that state needs or benefits from that level of increased stress and expectation.
Last night made it clear how high the degree of his struggle really is. That's a situation that needs compassion from one's loved ones, not pressure.
But here he is running for a U.S. Senate seat and PA and the country can't be expected to be the accepting caretaker of that situation. They have the right to expect someone who can perform the job. He's not even close to someone capable of a job like that - and his wife and his docs know that!
I don't think anyone would be surprised if he had another stroke from the stress of campaigning.

i havent watched the debate yet but my favorite thing so far is how triggered it has the nutters . . . .
man they stink of desperation and its hilarious
😁 🍿

For the sake of my state and fellow Pennsylvanians i hope OZ and Mastriano lose

Uh, you're right. I wasn't "bidden". But I think when you post things on a public political forum, you are inviting comments. Duh. You sound so nasty and angry. Why is that?
Again...its funny...YOU have been doing all the work here to make yourself look bad and then you want to trot out that sad, played out 'angry' meme....

:ROFLMAO:

Again...its funny...YOU have been doing all the work here to make yourself look bad and then you want to trot out that sad, played out 'angry' meme....

:ROFLMAO:
Silly of me. Please disregard my question.

You don't know Fetterman at all if you think that anyone is pulling his strings. I have followed him since the 2020 election and he is most definitely his own man and not the type to be used by anyone. I am quite certain it is his decision, in consultation with his wife of course, to stay in the race. Whether he should have or not is a discussion to be had but it is absurd to believe that anyone is using him as a puppet. I don't know if you heard this somewhere or it's your own thought but there is zero evidence he is being used in any way that is nothing more than a nasty conjecture on somebody's part.

I can't imagine his docs or his wife didn't think it made sense for him to pull out after what was so obviously a very serious stroke.
Wasn't it Conor Lamb who ran against him? Just imagine what he is thinking now.
I know the timing was terribly inconvenient, just before the primary. But my gosh what an awkward position for the state and the voters of the state to be in right now. It's simply criminal that there hasn't been transparency and honesty on this and it's terribly unfair to PA voters.
Fetterman had his stroke prior to the primary on May 17th. Politico revealed on June 3rd that Fetterman had a previously undisclosed heart condition which is why doctors implanted a pacemaker with a defibrillator into his heart after the stroke. His condition was very serious, yet he and his wife played it down. I would think those who voted for Fetterman in the primary would be upset for not knowing the truth ahead of time.

Fetterman had his stroke prior to the primary on May 17th. Politico revealed on June 3rd that Fetterman had a previously undisclosed heart condition which is why doctors implanted a pacemaker with a defibrillator into his heart after the stroke. His condition was very serious, yet he and his wife played it down. I would think those who voted for Fetterman in the primary would be upset for not knowing the truth ahead of time.
I agree with that. There was another candidate in the race who was a solid and popular candidate. If I were a Dem in PA, I'd be quite bothered about the lack of transparency and honesty (and we now know just how lacking). I'm not sure what the various official procedures are in PA or within the party for an unexpected occurrence but for the voters to be fooled like that is rather unfair and (I think) unethical.

I have followed him since the 2020 election and he is most definitely his own man and not the type to be used by anyone. I am quite certain it is his decision, in consultation with his wife of course, to stay in the race.
I have not watched him since 2020 - so how do you think what you saw last night compares to what you know of him from before or expected to see last night? After seeing that debate, what makes you think he was capable of such a decision immediately following what is now extremely clear was a very serious stroke?
Are you making the mistake of thinking pre-stroke Fetterman is, in some meaningful way, who he still is?
I know you have repeatedly mentioned how you think he is the face of and future of the Dem party (I've even seen you comment to that effect since his stroke). But can you still honestly say or feel that after last night?

I have not watched him since 2020 - so how do you think what you saw last night compares to what you know of him from before or expected to see last night? After seeing that debate, what makes you think he was capable of such a decision immediately following what is now extremely clear was a very serious stroke?
Are you making the mistake of thinking pre-stroke Fetterman is, in some meaningful way, who he still is?
I know you have repeatedly mentioned how you think he is the face of and future of the Dem party (I've even seen you comment to that effect since his stroke). But can you still honestly say or feel that after last night?
My issue with your post was the baseless and nasty assertion he is somehow being used by his wife as a puppet. Something you didn't bother to address in your response to me. The baseless comments about his wife when you by your own admission know nothing about his personality is just plain mean-spirited and petty. I did say in my post that his decision to continue with the election was something that was worth a discussion...the other crap is just crap!

The stroke was hugely unfortunate and no doubt a serious setback, I personally think he should have withdrawn while he recovered but I also know that quitting just isn't who he is. He is a real street fighter who, as he said last night, believes in getting up and fighting when you get knocked down. Unlike you, I do not believe that he has cognitive issues and his doctor has confirmed that. He definitely has issues processing audio information, his speech is less affected and I don't think there is any cognitive impairment. He has improved immeasurably and I think will make continued progress. The people of PA will decide if they feel he is fit to serve but for my part I do believe he is fit to serve and with the progress, he is making will be markedly better by January. I certainly think he is much more qualified intellectually and ethically to serve than Walker!

i havent watched the debate yet but my favorite thing so far is how triggered it has the nutters . . . .
😁 🍿

It has been eye-opening and shown the lack of character of quite a few people.

😁 🍿

From all I'm reading and hearing today those who had decided they would vote for Fetterman are still with him and those who had made up their mind about Oz are still there. The issue will be the "undecideds" but I am not sure how big that group is. I'm a tad concerned there will be a lot of ballot splitting. There is no doubt that Shapiro will blow Mastriano away so my concern is the independents choose the "D" for governor and the" R" for Senate to preserve PA's status quo.

From all I'm reading and hearing today those who had decided they would vote for Fetterman are still with him and those who had made up their mind about Oz are still there. The issue will be the "undecideds" but I am not sure how big that group is. I'm a tad concerned there will be a lot of ballot splitting. There is no doubt that Shapiro will blow Mastriano away so my concern is the independents choose the "D" for governor and the" R" for Senate to preserve PA's status quo.

Well for the sake of PA and my fellow Pennsylvanians i hope both OZ and Mastriano lose

I do agree i doubt there is big sway in reality from either side think a lot of people that you are talking about were(already voted)/are like myself . . .

said it before and ill say it again:

"OZ could never get my vote based on his platform alone, my dick could be on fire and he could be holding a fire extinguisher giving them away free .. . .id never sell out for my own need to see PA get screwed over
Fetterman "could" get my vote
a close race could GAIN Fetterman my vote"

and now that i know some of the things OZ actually said last night about abortion and supporting Trump for 2024 that will lose him votes among many republicans i know, they will sit out or write in a protest vote

Well for the sake of PA and my fellow Pennsylvanians i hope both OZ and Mastriano lose

I do agree i doubt there is big sway in reality from either side think a lot of people that you are talking about were(already voted)/are like myself . . .

said it before and ill say it again:

"OZ could never get my vote based on his platform alone, my dick could be on fire and he could be holding a fire extinguisher giving them away free .. . .id never sell out for my own need to see PA get screwed over
Fetterman "could" get my vote
a close race could GAIN Fetterman my vote"

and now that i know some of the things OZ actually said last night about abortion and supporting Trump for 2024 that will lose him votes among many republicans i know, they will sit out or write in a protest vote
It boggles my mind the type of person so many are willing to put in power. I look at people like Mastriano, Oz, Walker and Lake and just shake my head. Then again they voted for Trump and say they will do it again after all that has transpired....so there you have it!

It boggles my mind the type of person so many are willing to put in power. I look at people like Mastriano, Oz, Walker and Lake and just shake my head. Then again they voted for Trump and say they will do it again after all that has transpired....so there you have it!
RIght its insane

LOL just saw this!

Wrong.jpg

What's even more insane is the person who created the meme can't spell "Decision" or "doctors" right.
LOL I DID notice that, but i don't think its more insane . . . . just a spell check fail
spelling something wrong is not as crazy as treating women like second-class citizens but YOU are free to think that if you want . . .its VERY telling

its a perfect example of whats wrong with politics today, stuff like that is part of the problem and never part of the solution just like the people bashing Fetterman for his stroke. Good Job! lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom