• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ow to pay for Trump's wall!!!!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I am going to use several suggestions made on one of my earlier posts, kind of plagiarize the ideas, and use them together to come up with a way to pay for the wall. First Trump should do two things. The first is accept the 1.3 billion that the Dems are willing to give for border security and use it as part of the "wall fund". Second set up a gofundme account to accept additional funds to build up the wall fund and at the same time go to his wealthy people, who donate to his campaign's, for funds. Use the wall fund to build a Trump wall park with a built wall section emblazoned with "TRUMP"S WALL". You can then ask people to pay to come to the wall and get their picture taken under the wall with Trump's name in the background. I am sure that everyone of Trump's followers will want to go see the wall. We should enable citizen's from Mexico to also come to the park so that Trump can say that Mexico is paying to build the wall. Profits from this park can then be used to extend the wall. Over a period of years the entire wall can be built. Trump could even put his presidential library there to encourage additional people to attend. Isn't my idea brilliant, tongue in cheek?

Well if we gave just 10 grand to each of those reaching the wall to go home, with the 25 billion we might spend on the wall we could pay of 2.5 million people. Might just work.

No, because the 22 million who are already in the US would want THEIR money, too. Now you are talking around 250 billion.

The wall would be cheaper.

How about merit-based citizenship? We could welcome the best, most qualified refugees and send some of our lazy, dumb redneck morons and trust fund losers to Mexico. It's a win win...for America.

First Trump should do two things. The first is accept the 1.3 billion that the Dems are willing to give for border security and use it as part of the "wall fund".
The $1.3B offered by the Dems cannot be used for Trump’s wall, same as last years $1.3B. Other border security measures, but no wall.

Back
Top Bottom