• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Overturning the ACA Could Result in 68,000 Deaths

You're right, and with good reason. However during the 1950's, 60's. 70's, 80's and 90's there was no ACA and yet people somehow survived. Hard to understand, isn't it?
Not really when you understand that the population was increasing and employer health care benefits was being reduced, you realize that many simply could not afford to buy affordable healthcare and even under ACA many still cannot. Why do you thinks there was such a need for some alternative to the open market? There is no excuse for that in a Nation as wealthy as the US us, and when others can make sure their people are covered. We really can do better but we chose not to for some reason.

You are assuming that the democrats will still have a House Majority into next year.

Nope, I am assuming that TrumpCare was not passed because no such legislation existed and still does not exist. You are assuming that TrumpCare legislation might come to exist in the future if Trump is re-elected and the House comes under republicant control.

kicking people with preexisting conditions out of the health care system could be fairly catastrophic. COVID is also a preexisting condition, and the US is up to 100,000 new cases a day.

We are already seeing patients being considered for lung transplant.

Not really when you understand that the population was increasing and employer health care benefits was being reduced, you realize that many simply could not afford to buy affordable healthcare and even under ACA many still cannot. Why do you thinks there was such a need for some alternative to the open market? There is no excuse for that in a Nation as wealthy as the US us, and when others can make sure their people are covered. We really can do better but we chose not to for some reason.
Being wealthy is no reason to have single payer health care if you want to stay wealthy. The ACA did not contribute to making America a wealthy country and having a population dependent on social programs will never contribute to greater prosperity..Look after yourself and help your neighbors.

We are already seeing patients being considered for lung transplant.

it's scaring the shit out of me. i already have a lung problem that i have overcome for the most part.

Nope, I am assuming that TrumpCare was not passed because no such legislation existed and still does not exist. You are assuming that TrumpCare legislation might come to exist in the future if Trump is re-elected and the House comes under republicant control.

So-called TrumpCare was not passed because one particular RINO turd known as the late Senator John McCain voted against it. However my hope is that if the republicans control the White House and both houses of congress after the 2020 election, they will do what the Democrats stupidly failed to do and reach across the isle and work with the democrats to come up with healthcare reform that both sides can live with. If the democrats had done that in 2010, whatever passed, would not be under threat now.

Stop lying.

Millions lost their shared employer plans. 7 million lost their plans.

Millions lost their doctors who dropped out of the network.

Millions paid more and got less.

Millions of Americans Are Losing Their Health Plans Because of Obamacare
October 23, 2013

1604186110174.png

While the Affordable Care Act was making its way through Congress in 2009 and 2010, President Obama famously promised the American people over and over again that if you like your health plan, you can keep it.

“Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you,” Obama said at one rally in July 2009. “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”

But the president's promise is turning out to be false for millions of Americans who have had their health insurance policies canceled because they don't meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.

According to health policy expert Bob Laszewski, roughly 16 million Americans will lose their current plans because of Obamacare:

Millions of Americans Are Losing Their Health Plans Because of Obamacare
October 23, 2013

View attachment 67302336

While the Affordable Care Act was making its way through Congress in 2009 and 2010, President Obama famously promised the American people over and over again that if you like your health plan, you can keep it.

“Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you,” Obama said at one rally in July 2009. “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”

But the president's promise is turning out to be false for millions of Americans who have had their health insurance policies canceled because they don't meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.

According to health policy expert Bob Laszewski, roughly 16 million Americans will lose their current plans because of Obamacare:

Obama cultists will never accept the truth.

“Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you,” Obama said at one rally in July 2009. “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.

I am guessing that the highlighted line above is why leftists do not view this as a blantent lie, like it is. Maybe they did not actually talk about it, they just did it. They did have to pass it to know what was in it.

I am guessing that the highlighted line above is why leftists do not view this as a blantent lie, like it is. Maybe they did not actually talk about it, they just did it. They did have to pass it to know what was in it.

The liberals abandoned 13 million Hispanic/Latino's to pass the most ****ed up legislation in our generation known as the ACA or OdumboCare.

The liberals abandoned 13 million Hispanic/Latino's to pass the most ****ed up legislation in our generation known as the ACA or OdumboCare.

The liberals abandon things all the time. Most notably, sanity.

Then what should we do about it? Abanadon it and just throw away the healthcare of many Americans?

The entire discussion is hardly worth it as it's been little more than a Dem election (and SCOTUS nomination/confirmation) talking point. The ACA case before SCOTUS is limited to severability and when it comes to severability, conservatives tend to take a, well, conservative approach. They would be so unlikely to toss out an entire established law over a ruling on severability. Tossing out an entire law would be something a liberal justice would be far more inclined to support than a conservative justice, though clearly in this particular case, the liberal justices want ACA to stand.

Ask a liberal on here.

They are the ones that know everything.

Well...... until it's time to actually govern.
I'm fairly sure that they're the ones that don't know everything. Actually I'm starting to think that they are the ones who don't know anything. We created a healthcare plan that is amazingly crappy but destroying it would be a no no.

Stop lying.

Millions lost their shared employer plans. 7 million lost their plans.

Millions lost their doctors who dropped out of the network.

Millions paid more and got less.

In 2010, 167.4 million people had employer coverage. By 2018 (most recent data), 175.2 million did. The GOP predictions of the end of employer-based coverage were lies. Meanwhile, a net 20 million people gained coverage after the ACA passed. The uninsurance rate hit an all-time low.

As for doctors moving in and out of networks, that's how health insurance markets work. The provider network is what insurers are selling, that's what they compete on. If that bothers you, then markets aren't for you.

And millions paid less and got more, so I guess that evens out!

Let the ACA hate go, the rightwing predictions were wrong. It turned out to be quite good.

This is the healthcare platform that Donald Trump and the GOP are running on in 2020 ... removing healthcare insurance from 20 million Americans and removing protections on pre-existing conditions from everyone.

VOTE! Your life and/or the life of your loved ones may depend on defeating Donald Trump and the Republican Party at the polls!

How Much Has The Number of Uninsured Risen Since 2016 — And At What Cost To Health And Life?

More ObamaCare lies.

Overturning Obamacare will improve everything related to medical service.

PS. just look at the postal service and how they’re screwing the Left by not getting the mail delivered. Medical services is vastly more complex...and the longer the government is in control of the system... the more postal it will get. Just like any government run service... anywhere in the world... it will be slow, expensive and corrupt.

More ObamaCare lies.

Overturning Obamacare will improve everything related to medical service.

False.

Thanks to the ACA, tens of millions of Americans gained coverage.
Health care cost growth slowed down and more health care providers shifted toward more efficient business models.
Families enjoyed better financial security.
Health outcomes improved.
Patient safety improved.

And more!

Back
Top Bottom