• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Overturning Roe v. Wade will help the Democrats!

Madacapa

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I am a pro choice Democrat, but if the radical, religious, right-wing theocrats get Roe v. Wade overturned, it will help the Democrats. I believe that most of the Red State voters believe that overturning Roe v. Wade will outlaw abortion. Not true! It will throw it back to the states, and we all know what will happen. All of the Blue States will keep abortion legal, and most of the Red States will out law it. I think Florida would keep it legal.

Think about it. It would activate the Democratic base in those Red States. The Liberal Media (hahaha) would have a great time covering it.

Just imagine the coverage when the first young woman dies from a botched back alley abortion. Just imagine the Liberal Media following women who cross state lines in order to get a legal abortion. Just imagine the US being flooded with RU-486 pills, and the fight over that. Just imagine the first doctor and woman being arrested for performing and having an abortion in a Red State. Just imagine the Liberal Media talking to women who have traveled to Canada or Mexico to have abortions.

So, to all of my fellow Democrats, do not fear the appointment of right wing Supreme Court nominees. Welcome them! The Right Wing will win many battles, but ultimately we will win the war. The citizens of the Red States have to suffer a while longer under their conservative governments before they are ready to listen to the Truth. Be patient with them.

Forgive them, for they do not undertand...

Madacapa said:
I am a pro choice Democrat, but if the radical, religious, right-wing theocrats get Roe v. Wade overturned, it will help the Democrats. I believe that most of the Red State voters believe that overturning Roe v. Wade will outlaw abortion. Not true! It will throw it back to the states, and we all know what will happen. All of the Blue States will keep abortion legal, and most of the Red States will out law it. I think Florida would keep it legal.

Think about it. It would activate the Democratic base in those Red States. The Liberal Media (hahaha) would have a great time covering it.

Just imagine the coverage when the first young woman dies from a botched back alley abortion. Just imagine the Liberal Media following women who cross state lines in order to get a legal abortion. Just imagine the US being flooded with RU-486 pills, and the fight over that. Just imagine the first doctor and woman being arrested for performing and having an abortion in a Red State. Just imagine the Liberal Media talking to women who have traveled to Canada or Mexico to have abortions.

So, to all of my fellow Democrats, do not fear the appointment of right wing Supreme Court nominees. Welcome them! The Right Wing will win many battles, but ultimately we will win the war. The citizens of the Red States have to suffer a while longer under their conservative governments before they are ready to listen to the Truth. Be patient with them.

Forgive them, for they do not undertand...

Wow...you seem awfully excited about possible media attention given to women who feel desperate and seek abortions--almost giddy that someone would die from an illegal abortion and in death draw attention to your issue. Did you ever think it might indict the social atmosphere that makes a woman believe abortion is her ONLY option? I think it's sad that you look forward to someone's pain to advance your view.

Felicity wrote:

Wow...you seem awfully excited about possible media attention given to women who feel desperate and seek abortions--almost giddy that someone would die from an illegal abortion and in death draw attention to your issue. Did you ever think it might indict the social atmosphere that makes a woman believe abortion is her ONLY option? I think it's sad that you look forward to someone's pain to advance your view.

I don't give a damn. The Right-Wingers call this a Cultural War; they are trying to turn our Republic into a Theocracy. In a sense, I am trying to win a war. The citizens of the Red States keep voting for Republicans; therefore, they need to be educated. They do not believe that what I have written will happen; therefore, seeing is believing. If you are a right wing evangelical, then you must be very happy "right" now. I hope that no women will die as a result of a botched abortion, which is why I want to keep it legal.

However, the right-wing has no morality when it comes to this Cultural War. They will say and do anything to win elections. They believe they are on a holy war, or a Crusade, and anyone who stands against them is the Devil. Abortion is just one of the many battles that we face, but we have to win it.

We all know what is going to happen. If we keep electing Republican Presidents, then eventually Roe v. Wade will be overturned with a 5-4 vote, and then all Hell breaks loose. :fueltofir

Madacapa said:
If you are a right wing evangelical, then you must be very happy "right" now.
no...I'm one of those crazy Catholics.:2razz: ...You probably think that's worse....

However, the right-wing has no morality when it comes to this Cultural War. They will say and do anything to win elections.
You think Republicans have the market cornered on that? Not.

We all know what is going to happen. If we keep electing Republican Presidents, then eventually Roe v. Wade will be overturned with a 5-4 vote, and then all Hell breaks loose. :fueltofir
So you don't like the idea of rule by the people through our elected officials? Who do you think would do it better?

Felicity said:
no...I'm one of those crazy Catholics.:2razz: ...You probably think that's worse....

You think Republicans have the market cornered on that? Not.

So you don't like the idea of rule by the people through our elected officials? Who do you think would do it better?

Hello? McFly? The Democrats would do it better! The GOP has manipulated and lied to the Red States! We need to help them. Hopefully we can start to do that in 2008! We need your help, Felicity. :2bigcry:

FinnMacCool said:
Who is the 'liberal media'?

You don't know who the Liberal Media is? It is NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, Free Speech TV, and the majority of the magazines/newspapers in America. Basically, any media that doesn't constantly praise Mr. Bush and his policies.
That is the Liberal Media! :rofl

Madacapa said:
You don't know who the Liberal Media is? It is NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, Free Speech TV, and the majority of the magazines/newspapers in America. Basically, any media that doesn't constantly praise Mr. Bush and his policies.
That is the Liberal Media! :rofl

I don't think the U.S has anything like a liberal media.Seriously.Not.

Back
Top Bottom